It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parcel bomb plotters 'used dry run', say US officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Parcel bomb plotters 'used dry run', say US officials

www.bbc.co.uk

A US official has told the BBC that suspect packages from Yemen were intercepted in September, in what may have been a dry run for last week's foiled parcel bomb plot.

The shipments from Yemen to Chicago are reported to have contained literature and other materials, but no explosives.

The idea was to test how long it would take for the packages to reach their destination, US officials suspect.

Last week, two parcel bombs were found on cargo planes in the UK and Dubai.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Q&A: Air freight bomb plot
'No silver bullet' for air cargo security concerns
Profile: Al-Qaeda 'bomb maker' Ibrahim al-Asiri
Bomb plot shows growing creativeness and ambition

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Saudi man 'key suspect' in jet bomb plot, says US
10 reasons Why Yemen Is Another False Flag
edit on 2/11/10 by UnderstandingWisdom because: More Details

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is more of an update on the recent 'Event' from last weekend. I'm pretty sure most ATSers have probably come to the conculsion of 'False Flag' (and it only took three days...*sarcasm*
).

The parcels - with powerful PETN explosives hidden inside printer toner cartridges - were shipped from Yemen's capital Sanaa through UPS and another US cargo firm, FedEx.

So now we have two private companies involved in the deliverence of this these packages.

Both packages - which have now been made safe - were addressed to synagogues in the US city of Chicago.

This question still hasn't been fully answered if answered at all, why were these 'devices' addressed to synagogues in Chicago?...

Investigators have linked the "dry run" and last weekend's bombs to al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

So this weekends False Flag wasn't the initial 'dry-run' people were talking about. And of course now the media are building towards the hive-mind of Attack Yemen, Attack Yemen...Hmm. Next invasion, Yemen?

In other developments:

* Several countries have tightened air security measures, with the UK and Netherlands banning incoming cargo flights from Yemen and Nigeria - home to a man who tried to detonate a bomb in an aircraft over the US on Christmas Day - introducing explosive screening for some outbound freight
* Germany has taken it further, banning both cargo and passenger flights from Yemen
* Yemen has reacted angrily to the security measures taken by European countries, accusing them of "resorting to decisions which can only be likened to collective punishment" and reserving particular ire for the German measures
* The International Air Transport Association (Iata), which is holding an airline security conference in Frankfurt, has warned against governments "making knee-jerk reactions" to last week's bomb plot which it said could harm the air travel industry.

Well one thing you can count-on because of this, there 'must' be an indroduction of more laws, rules and regulations...and we all love that

This still begs the question...Why Yemen? What is there to make them want to start...shall we say 'problems' with Yemen. Is there oil there? Or something more important... (I know there is no talk of a war/invasion YET...but there is still time.)

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderstandingWisdom

What I find funny about this entire thing is the fact that I was reading an article not too long ago about Europe calling security clearance for passengers traveling to the US ridiculous. I cannot find the exact article I read but here is a link to a similar article. Long story short the story about this dry run broke not too long after I read it....funny.

link to article
edit on 2-11-2010 by acmpnsfal because: typo

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It's one of the least developed countries in the region and sits right next to Saudi Arabia so it might be a very advantageous place to set up a port / military operations / airstrips etc for when they want to attack Saudi...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is the most damning aspect of this whole farcical situation.

You dry run an attack to familiarise yourself with the mission:

You DON'T dry run a parcel bomb attack!!!! Why? Because what does it prove or accomplish?

You familiarise yourself with the process of sending a parcel????

You give the authorities a heads up and additional evidence for when you actually go through with it??

AND IF IT IS A DRY RUN, HOW COME THE AUTHORITIES SAY THE "BOMBS" WERE "VIABLE" ie they were live. How is that a dry run!?

It is absolute BS!! I'm sorry, this is a huge indication that the situation is contrived and artificial. The entire house of cards could be falling as they really have messed up here. I just hope this isn't buried.

I believe that a huge distraction will occur in a few days that will make the sheople look the other way.

I hope I'm wrong!

edit on 2-11-2010 by kiwifoot because: addition

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de5a500a295a.jpg[/atsimg]

Pincer movement

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Originally posted by kiwifoot
AND IF IT IS A DRY RUN, HOW COME THE AUTHORITIES SAY THE "BOMBS" WERE "VIABLE" ie they were live. How is that a dry run!?

You must have missed this part of the OP:

A US official has told the BBC that suspect packages from Yemen were intercepted in September, in what may have been a dry run for last week's foiled parcel bomb plot.

and this part

Originally posted by UnderstandingWisdom

Investigators have linked the "dry run" and last weekend's bombs to al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

So this weekends False Flag wasn't the initial 'dry-run' people were talking about..

The 'dry-run' was the packages intercepted in September.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderstandingWisdom

I did actually, but the point is still valid. You don't dry run a parcel bomb!!!

Seriously, what is a dry run, it's an attempt to familiarise yourself with the mission, work out any problems, get to know the route.

Just the mention of a dry run in this situation is laughable.

Whether it was this time or the one in September makes no odds. It's rubbish IMO!

(Cheers for pointing that out, I always hassle folk for just reading the title!! Practice what I preach!!)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

(Cheers for pointing that out, I always hassle folk for just reading the title!! Practice what I preach!!)

where is my star then...
Only joking (not really...or am I?)

edit on 2/11/10 by UnderstandingWisdom because: typo

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnderstandingWisdom

where is my star then...
Only joking (not really...or am I?)

edit on 2/11/10 by UnderstandingWisdom because: typo

Starred!! What a fool I am!

Lets blame it on fatigue!!

All the best, kiwi

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Na, they are just saying this as it did not work out for the inteligence groups like mi5 and media like bbc that went over the top claiming this and that.

Mi5 must laugh alot about conning the public, and anyone who saw that doc on them would see they enjoy there crimes and the way they con people.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Seriously, what is a dry run, it's an attempt to familiarise yourself with the mission, work out any problems, get to know the route.

I do agree with you here...to dry run 'actual explosives' is a bit silly, and naive of the public to think so

Whether it was this time or the one in September makes no odds. It's rubbish IMO!

The 'dry run' in September are reported to have contained literature and other materials, but no explosives

I don't mean to pick on you kiwifoot...this is not personal (I love you really)...it's just responses to your comments

edit on 2/11/10 by UnderstandingWisdom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join