It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even ANTS Won't Touch This Stuff.....Yet Humans Give It To Kids Daily- To Be Healthy!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Aspartame is very dangerous and IMO can have an effect of peoples weight. So I say go on a diet and be safer, eat lettuce tomatoes, maybe even a fruit salad, they are healthy and less contaminated with harmful toxins, as opposed to other less healthy foods.

Oh I'm sorry, THAT'S NOT TRUE EITHER!!

The 13 Most Toxic Foods!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hi, good food fans.

I can't believe all the bla bla bla bla done here, about aspartame and the like ! !
[ I don't put a capital A, because they DON'T DESERVE it ! ! ! ] B-)

Do researches, to check if aspartame and/or splenda does not come out of DDT !!??

And about the bla bla bla, we have found a fix for the food problemS :

We buy our food in an EXCLUSIVELY BIOLOGICAL/ORGANIC store ! !
There is NO **aspartame problem** there ! ! !
We also order other foods directly from BIOLOGICAL/ORGANIC farms ! !

This way, we KNOW what we are puting in our mouths ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The point should be to not only consider *what one buys, but also *where one buys it.
Know where your food comes from, don't expect much from mass production.
Local Farmer's Markets.
Support.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I also think that is very important, but when you live in large cities its almost impossible to find a farmers market. This was for those who had no way to either find or afford to always buy the best quality products, but were aware of the most important and dangerous.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by TXRabbit

There is only one diet drink that I can find, Orange Crush, that does NOT have aspartame. I would love to find more, but they are nowhere to be found. Coke, Pepsi, Fresca, Root Beer, all these diet drinks, have aspartame. And I am addicted.

I stand corrected and thanks for calling me out on that. I figured that during the whole sucralose push earlier this decade that they stopped using aspertame but I was wrong. I simple visit to coke's website confirmed it when looking at the ingredient list in the diet products.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
hotbakedtater let me say yu are hot now secondly the media has always given us mixed reviews of aspartame and other naughty drugs and chemicals im just glad to see somebody post it and the fact that you did do research is very commendable now i wonder though how animals and bugs act towards election ads lol

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A friend of mine was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force. He started having MAJOR MEMORY ISSUES. He went to the doctor and they ran every test imaginable. At the end of it, the results were *inconclusive.* And then, the doctor could not think of ANYTHING ELSE and simply asked him, "Do you drink diet sodas?" My friend answered, "Why yes. I drink about eight Diet Dr. Pebbers a day." (Note: I deliberately misspelled the name).

His doctor raised his eyebrows and recommended that my friend *immediately* stop drinking anything diet, anything with artificial sweeteners in it, ---anything SUGAR FREE. My friend said he stopped using any "diet" sodas/products. Within two weeks to a month, his memory problems vanished.

Apparently, aspartame contains phenalalanie (sp). I'm too tired to look up the proper spelling, but that's close enough if not on the mark for you to do a google if you want more information. The warning message reads: PHENYLKETONOURICS: CONTAINS PHENALAYLANINE. Or something almost identical to that. If you see that (on all diet sodas) then AVOID IT LIKE POISON. That's exactly what it is.

The scary part is that at most/all convenience stores nowadays, ALL (***ALLL***) major chewing gums have discreetly been repackaged in sleek, sexy boxes. Every one of them, from Wrigleys to Big Red to Bubble Yum to whatever you see out there... they've ALL switched to aspartame to sweeten them. I checked EVERY SINGLE BRAND and FLAVOR of gum at my local convenience store, and NOT ONE used good old fashioned sugar.

The scary part is that they don't make this switch obvious to you. As far as you're concerned, you're chewing the same old gum you always chewed. Only now, it's laced with aspartame or other artificial sweeteners. This thanks to your proud FDA looking out for you.

Insidious.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
YOU are very wrong.

What the ants are doign is counteracting the viscocity with particles to break it up.. When the ants bite into something sticky ... they cant get their heads out OR open their mouths so they die.

Unfortunatly another ignorant person fear mongering...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Unless you have PKU (phenylketonuria), or other circumstances that affect your ability to ingest artificial sweeteners, you have no reason to fear Aspartame.

Yes, to some people it is toxic, just as sugar is to a diabetic - you wouldn't feed a type 1 diabetic a chocolate bar would you?

Remember ATS: Deny Ignorance.

Chocolate is toxic to cats, dogs, and birds - just because ants may or may not be able to ingest aspartame does not mean it is toxic to humans. Yes, there are negative side effects of consuming too much of artificial sweeteners - drinking too much water can kill you too.

Did you know that the presence of artificial sweeteners in modern society is a major contributor to some individuals' quality of life? People with diseases like Glycogen Storage Disease (GSD), whose bodies can't process sugars properly, or diabetics.

A lot of the fear-mongering about aspartame stems from the fact that a metabolic byproduct of aspartame is phenylalanine. Rumors have spread around that phenylalanines are bad for you, which is why the FDA requires any foods containing phenylalanine to indicate so in the ingredients section. However, this warning is just an allergen allert, much like peanuts are mentioned in foods. Some people can die from the consumption of phenylalanines, just like people can die from eating peanuts.

If you don't want to eat items containing aspartame or other artificial sweeteners, its easy to do so because of individuals with PKU, but demonizing something that allows people who would otherwise never be able to taste ice cream doesn't really seem fair to me. The stuff isn't on the market because parents are trying to prevent their kids from eating sugar, its there because more and more people CAN'T eat sugar. More people are dying from diabetic related complications than from possible fake sugar toxicity.
edit on 2-11-2010 by zelaar because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Why would anyone use Aspartame when it has been proven toxic?

Stevia have been used for 30 years and has been proven safe over that time by the Japanese.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Roid_Rage27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
reply to post by hotbakedtater

from memory, it used to be a waste product until they rebadged it to make $$

That's fluoride and its use was pushed by Alcoa.

Aspertame was pushed through by Rumsfield and I 'think' Monsanto

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I don't like to eat artificial sweeteners either, but white sugar and saturated fat isn't a slice of apple, but ants eat that, doesn't prove that we should eat it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Searle are the ones who dreamed this crap up, Rumsfeld is/was on the board of directors.

Monsanto bought out Searle and now Pfizer owns them.

I quit drinking that sh*t, had headaches for weeks, and not from lack of caffeine either. Now I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. I also got a berky filter and gag when I run the tap to fill up a pitcher (for the filter). Water smells like medicine. ...mmm mmm good, not.

To each his own I guess. As far as I'm concerned, it's a neurotoxin, made specifically to keep you dumb and stupid.
edit on 2-11-2010 by rokrep69 because: incorrect info about Dan Quayle, he was involved with Lilly, not Searle. 2 peas in a pod I say.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Those who know .....know .
Those that dont know need to know , I have spread the word on this poison to my friends and family for years , if they choose to act on the information is up to them .
Check food labels before you buy anything , knowledge is power

System of a Down were warning of this back in 2001

Great songs can entertain and educate

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

i really hate these kinds of threads, are you saying humans are comparable to ants? that's like those known to cause cancer in laboratory animals labels, are you a laboratory animal?

Ants also eat other ants, so by your logic should we be eating each other?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I Hate To Say it But Splenda Works The Same Way On Ants......

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
These kind of things always remind me on the Dihydrogen Monoxide "thesis"

Most things we ingest are toxic to some degree.

Potatoes - Deadly nightshade family
Apple seeds - Cyanide

the list just goes on and on.

Equating ants with humans is ludicrous.

Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill you in sufficent quantities and there are many many listed fatalities.

By the way i have a degree in Biochemistry

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boroboy

Thank you for this post, quite informative, and scary.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
YOU are very wrong.

What the ants are doign is counteracting the viscocity with particles to break it up.. When the ants bite into something sticky ... they cant get their heads out OR open their mouths so they die.

Unfortunatly another ignorant person fear mongering...
And who is YOU and who is this ignorant person fearmongering? A Rebuttal usually does not include a personal attack on the poster, it is supposed to contain a ....rebuttal.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by iamaperson

My 'source' is a mere blog, claiming to be a woman who tried this herself. The pictures aref rom her blog, of her experiment.

Her experiment is a dismal failure due to the fact that she did not have a control dish of honey, one without Aspritame. I imagine it would have just as many dead ants in it. I don't think this poison kill right away, it works on you over time. It never is metabolized and just builds up in your body, making you hungry and fat.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join