It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed NASA Astronaut almost, kind of, (not really) says Extraterrestrials are here!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim you have just proved exactly my point..

Here's the last paragraph of my post that I'd like you to respond to:

Let's try to back up to a claim that we can check out, and agree on. During the video in question, the shuttle is in sunlight and is casting a shadow towards the receding still-dark Earth horizon. Can you be convinced of that?

do you have details re the position of the shuttle during the time of this specific recording?
edit on 2/11/10 by mcrom901 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Originally posted by FireMoon

Jim you have just proved exactly my point..

Here's the last paragraph of my post that I'd like you to respond to:

Let's try to back up to a claim that we can check out, and agree on. During the video in question, the shuttle is in sunlight and is casting a shadow towards the receding still-dark Earth horizon. Can you be convinced of that?

do you have details re the position of the shuttle during the time of this specific recording?
edit on 2/11/10 by mcrom901 because: (no reason given)

Yes, and I posted them on the Internet a decade ago, and linked to the report twice on this thread, above. Thanks for confessing you haven't bothered to read the report.

Well, better late than never. ;-)

Here's the current link AGAIN:

www.realufos.net...
edit on 2-11-2010 by JimOberg because: add URL

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Yes, and I posted them on the Internet a decade ago, and linked to the report twice on this thread, above. Thanks for confessing you haven't bothered to read the report.

Well, better late than never. ;-)

Here's the current link AGAIN:

www.realufos.net...

thanks... but it seems you're not very sure....

As far as I was able to determine, these STS-80 scenes were recorded beginning about 11:55 PM PST on December 1, 1996.

so my question is....

The video that I saw over in the Public Affairs Office was tape #612710.

was this the same tape as to what is being discussed here?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
my question is....

The video that I saw over in the Public Affairs Office was tape #612710.

was this the same tape as to what is being discussed here?

It's the same scene, with the appearing dots and 'circle'.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by soupE

you will

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I must ask you something if you don't mind. So this video shows ice particles and such which is what you say we are seeing am I correct? Okay then the man in this video says something different and even mentions you. I am just going to show the video and then others can see for themselves. Alright here you go...

I think the video speaks for itself.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Then ( I never known/linked This video to), dr. Story Musgrave was an Astronaut aboard of THE STS-80?

Another Clue about the most intriguing and amazing Shuttle mission!
That video shout by itself!

edit on 2-11-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
anyone know if this is actual footage at @1.10?

edit on 2-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Isn't this great folks.

We have NASA showing up on this thread (trying to refute claims made by NASA astronauts), stumbling and bumbling to try and convince us (and not doing a good job of it when truly challenged on their claims) that there is nothing to see here and that we are being naive and should just move on because there was nothing to ever see to begin with (Can anyone say damage control?).

If there was nothing to this story than the folks over at NASA (employed or retired) wouldn't give two cents of a rat's ass about this story... But they do. And one in particular practically lives on this topic/debate now.

Think about it.

It is my hope that there will be even more NASA folks who break ranks and decide to do what they know in their hearts to be right, which is TELL THE TRUTH!

The NASA organization wouldn't know the definition of truth these days, even if it were the size of the moon and fell right on top of their heads.

NASA is a tool. And let's face it, by now we all know that it is.
CSETI was infiltrated by the military years ago and is nothing more than a tool now.
Our media is controlled by corporate interests and it is nothing more than a tool as well.

All we have these days are each other to help each other sift through all of the BS that we're being fed by these guys.

Thank God for the Internet. Thank God for John Lear. And thank God for that old fox Richard Hoagland.

This astronaut was a very brave man to say what he said.
There are other astronauts who are doing the same things these days and it gives me hope.

There can be only so many leaks before the whole rotten edifice finally collapses. I believe stories like this one (and I thank the OP for it) are going to help contribute to it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
I think the video speaks for itself.

The english of which is, I'm conjecturing, that you don't need to know anything else about the lighting conditions, shuttle activities, and crew impressions. you don't want to find out, and you don't want anybody ELSE to find out either.

And you'd be correct. Finding out such inconvenient facts could be fatal to the preferred UFO interpretation.

Better to keep people blissful in their ignorance.

Central problem with the narrator's comments: "“If this much debris it would not be safe…
Piece of rock traveling opposite direction would rip through entuire structure of shuttle…”

Stuff seen in this video is obviously pacing the shuttle, not going in an opposite direction (with a closing speed of 10 miles per second or higher). Of all the hundreds of hours of watching these kinds of scenes, it's always been shuttle-generated stuff or satellites the shuttle is making rendezvous with at very low closing rate -- not random junk from other satellites criss-crossing the skies. We've only rarely seen that when the the satellites are big and bright, maybe tens or hundreds of miles away.

Stuff moving in the same orbital direction, with slight variations based on any small rate that it left the shuttle with, are not collision hazards, no more than a cell phone you drop while driving is likely to break the windshield, or your teeth -- even though if it were going in the opposite direction to the car's speed, it could do such damage. But it isn't. Saying it 'might' is plain silly.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Jim,

In the STS-80 shuttle video, the objects appear and it seems like they are dark on the inside. It looks like they are out of focus at that point but as they become more exposed ( to the sun light?), you kind of see them more and they are a bit more focused.

I don't really care if they call you a NASA pundit or whatever, looks like it's just some personal crap b/w people that gets in the way of a real discussion.

You think it would be possible to get some of the crew members of that mission to come on here and comment on what is happening in the video? I'm sure you have their point of contact. I don't think there is going to be any harm in them coming here.

Also, are there videos of the same types of events happening in other shuttle missions where you see a formation like that happening?

edit on 2-11-2010 by gsup1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2010 by gsup1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gsup1
You think it would be possible to get some of the crew members of that mission to come on here and comment on what is happening in the video? I'm sure you have their point of contact. I don't think there is going to be any harm in them coming here.

I don't foresee any of the crewmembers showing up here, due to the predictably abusive responses from a portion of the posters. But I've been exchanging emails with one of them (not Story this time) about more specific respionses to some specific and reasonable questions raised in the discussion.

Also, are there videos of the same types of events happening in other shuttle missions where you see a formation like that happening?

I've got a few dozen hours of VHS tapes that I intend to go through and make youtube postings from, and then link them from my home page section on my personal assessments of the 'astronaut UFO folklore', which is undeniably a significant cultural current. NASA officials just giggle and want to ignore it, and I berate them for abandoning a significant fraction of space-excited young people to the tender mercies of internet UFO sites. I really think NASA public affairs is derelict in its duties to the public.

There's also been a flood of helpful explanatory contributions from other researchers on ATS and I want to link to their specific analyses, too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well you can always ask them to come by and comment, the worst they can say is no. I mean I could email them but I'm sure they get lots of emails and mine would be ignored.

Besides, I'm sure they have thick skin.
edit on 3-11-2010 by gsup1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gsup1

I don't foresee any of the crewmembers showing up here, due to the predictably abusive responses from a portion of the posters. But I've been exchanging emails with one of them (not Story this time) about more specific respionses to some specific and reasonable questions raised in the discussion.

I've got a few dozen hours of VHS tapes that I intend to go through and make youtube postings from, and then link them from my home page section on my personal assessments of the 'astronaut UFO folklore', which is undeniably a significant cultural current. NASA officials just giggle and want to ignore it, and I berate them for abandoning a significant fraction of space-excited young people to the tender mercies of internet UFO sites. I really think NASA public affairs is derelict in its duties to the public.

There's also been a flood of helpful explanatory contributions from other researchers on ATS and I want to link to their specific analyses, too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh so these guys who regularly risk their lives in order to push back the boundaries of human knowledge are running scared of of a bunch of keyboard warriors now and they need you to act as a go between to make sure they don;t suffer the outrageous sling and arrows of cyber space? Please Jim, let's be real here. if any of the genuine astronauts came on here people would show them the due reverence. You are constantly referring to people as weak minded and now you are prejudging what people will say to those who were actually there working on these missions. Your idea of Ufology is the equivalent of explaining why England haven't won the World Cup since 1966 by using Ottery St Marys youth team and the Barrow reserves as an example.

To attempt to blame a few weak minded, your words, keyboard warriors for their non appearance is just laughable. I;d suspect the chief reason they won't appear here, is cos... they have better things to do and it simply doesn't interest them. That's fair enough by me,.

The fact is though Jim. there are witnesses from Rendlesham who have been pilloried in the media called outright liars who actually do appear on Rendlesham forum and are asked all the damn awkward questions they probably don't like hearing.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would assume that they have thick skin considering the training they have gone through. It appears that there are still unanswered questions and the argument here is "If I tell you what I absolutely know to be true, it would completely destroy your fragile belief of UFO's".

More than one astronaut has come forward claiming UFO's exist. More than one astronaut claims that alien life has visited our planet. In the past year, a former federal employee made known that aliens were here.

Were they misinformed/lying?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The first one keeps me thinking.

The second one however gives me the impression that these are geo-stationary communication satallites. The shuttle is moving, so it could give the impression that the object is flying by while it is in fact stationary. As the shuttles orientation to the object changes the object suddenly comes into a proper relative alignment to intensely reflect the suns light back at the observer.

I believe this video is actually a complex illusion created by a mundane reality.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

It is a good thing we have you around Jim.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a507d17bd76c.jpg[/atsimg]

....You are kind of like batman, in a way.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
reply to post by wmd_2008

["its intelligent it doesn't visit us']

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?-Hebrews2.6

edit on 30-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

Its pointless quoting BS like that to me story book quotes dont have any interest for me I am afraid,

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
couldn't find much in the following report.....

Debris/Ice/TPS Assessment and Integrated Photographic Analysis of Shuttle Mission STS-80
ntrs.nasa.gov...

edit on 3/11/10 by mcrom901 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Mr. Oberg..tsk,tsk...how long do you propose that you can keep up this charade..come on buddy, I mean come on buddy....you are not dealing with a bunch of morons fresh off the turnip truck here, we are informed folks and are much more intelligent than you give us credit for. Which means you can't and we won't allow you to dazzle us with paper facts and brittle symantic word-play...

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join