It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So only right-wingers do this?
Really or is it just individuals and sometimes leftist ones?

You sure about that?
edit on 26-10-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Who said tea partiers were the only ones that did this? This has been one of the core arguments to dismiss the fact this woman was trampled on. "oh the dems and leftist do it also so its A-ok". Those videos were appalling especially the first one, but this excuse that because the leftwing does it, we should just down play this incident, is a just low excuse

It is never acceptable, and what is equally unacceptable is this notion of dismissing one incident because "the otherside did it". There should never be any excuse.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I mentioned earlier in this thread that another person was injured at this rally. A Paul supporter wearing a surgical boot on her leg was assaulted by a Conway supporter. Her surgical incision was reopened by this assault.

In both cases, each victim REFUSED medical treatment and proceeded to press assault charges. No arrests have been made. Yet.

I guess that little tidbit isn't fun to debate for those who are out to pin this personally on Rand Paul. That means you OP.

Tuesday can't come fast enough.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
but this excuse that because the leftwing does it, we should just down play this incident, is a just low excuse

Firstly I did not read anyone say that, I haven't read certain pages though
But the left does this all the time

Conway attacked Rand Paul's beliefs with those nasty ads and what did many liberals say?
They said, well you know, the right has been doing this for so long, so let's fight fire with fire.

Seriously, this is happening on both sides of the fence!

And don't tell me that those nasty vidoes that I posted are not forgotten, everyone forgot those videos and now if you talk about violent activists leftists will only mention the Tea Party, am I wrong in that?
Please tell me

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by whatukno

Not saying it was justified, but go any particular rally for a candidate, try to rush them and give them an insulting reward like that. Common sense would tell you it is an idiot thing to do no?

I would agree how do folks think I would be greeted if I ran up to Al Sharpton during his rally...think I would be greeted with flowers or even a Hillary Clinton Rally...Honestly I think I would fair better at the Sharpton rally..your pont should be there are dopes in both political parties...your really need your head examined if you think one party is better than the other..again well said TKDRL

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

You sure about that?
edit on 26-10-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

HA that's priceless I believe the poster of the topic just got checked...or as those crazy kids say pwned...well done

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I never said ONLY right wingers do this, I just said that if the right gets put in charge this is what you should expect. Both sides do this I will admit, but how many times has the right either committed violence. or as in Sharron Angle, or Stephen Broden, or Sarah Palin, or Glenn Beck threatened violence?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
but this excuse that because the leftwing does it, we should just down play this incident, is a just low excuse

Firstly I did not read anyone say that, I haven't read certain pages though

Nobody had to say it. You didn't have to say it but you certainly implied. Your first response straight away to this incident was in highlighting that the 'leftwing did this'. You didn't even acknowledge that this incident was unacceptable or appalling, instead you went straight to showing other incidents committed against tea partiers. What does that say about your attitude to this? It's no wonder these kinds of incidents are happening.

But the left does this all the time

You accuse other people on this forum of generalizing the tea parties, and you are doing the exact thing right here. Since when did you start being a complete hypocrite?

Conway attacked Rand Paul's beliefs with those nasty ads and what did many liberals say?

Both sides have been partisan bickering and? I found it unacceptable, and? How does this go back to the incident? How is that related to a woman being put to the ground trampled on the face? You still have not acknowledged the incident in the OP, astounding.

Seriously, this is happening on both sides of the fence!

Maybe you should ask yourself that question? Hypocrisy?

And don't tell me that those nasty vidoes that I posted are not forgotten, everyone forgot those videos and now if you talk about violent activists leftists

Where are these videos? I certainly do not spend my time going through youtube videos day in and day out searching for tea partiers being attacked. Maybe thats what you do but I certainly don't. If I did see a thread of this posted I would certainly acknowledge it as appalling right away, as opposed to posting a bunch of videos and ignoring the incident.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
To those defending, you do realize he did step on her head/neck and would've continued to but someone on his side said no no no, because he knew it was being filmed, the stepper as I will call him points at her afterward and says stay down.
*snip*

So you somehow, magically, know exactly WHY the other people told the guy to step down? Really?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'll tell you why I don't vote. Because if I where, I'd be voting for the lesser of the two evils. Lesser evil is still evil. I doubt I'd make a difference supporting lesser evil.

Now, what if no one... I mean NO ONE voted.......that my friend is how you could make a difference. Simply reject the system. Don't use it. Eventually, I hope everyone becomes so disillusioned that no one votes anymore. No more propagating a flunking system. There is power in numbers. And there's more power in the lack of them.

And no, I don't think the powers that be would get to do what ever they want then. If we were all simultaneously at the point of full system rejection we would theoretically be at the point of event horizon.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Most normal people are sick and tired of the "look at me, I'm protesting, I'm better than you!" crowd. The futz that stepped on her head went over the line, but its not like she got a concussion. It was a soft step, like when you stick your foot in the back door when its raining because you don't want your wet dog running into the house. A lot worse would happen to those hosebags from Kansas that protest military funerals if they didn't hide behind platoons of state troopers, but they wouldn't get the pity vote would they?

But the innocent little protester gets collective pity from The Left, lifetime therapy, and a free trip to Gloria Allred's office because in her 15 minutes of fame she got stepped on by a hillbilly instead of throwing blood on Rand Paul's stylist, peeing on his limo driver, or whatever meaningless gesture she was supposed to make. She probably has job offers and book deals lined up already.

To her credit, she appeared to have showered recently and wore clean clothes, therefore probably wasn't a professional protester. Maybe she'll have some shred of self-respect one day and perhaps even a real life.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by BlackOps719

If anyone ever lays a hand [much less stomps on the head] of my GF, exwife or any of my close friends there will be swift and positive street justice.
Not all libs are unarmed, tree hugging, tulipwalkers. Fair warning....

How would any of you TPM, rightwingers feel if it had of been any of your women?

edit on 26-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

Well, my husband would not have to worry about what he would do, because I would not be charging some political candidate I didn't like in the first place. We right wingers have more sense than that.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Well, my husband would not have to worry about what he would do, because I would not be charging some political candidate I didn't like in the first place. We right wingers have more sense than that.

I have yet to see any video backing up the many many many many many claims that she "rushed" or "charged" the man. What I see is a woman being tackled and once restrained, being further assaulted. No more, no less. Can someone please enlighten me as to where they saw her "charging" anyone? I notice that Rand and the stomper have apologized without once stating that she represented a threat and therefore justifed any action against her. I keep seeing it posted here on ATS though. Help us out.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by jibeho

Simply put. The Panthers broke the law by brandishing weapons. I guess you can't see the law through your rose colored glasses. Holder and the DOJ will fry for dismissing this case. Justice will prevail.

Please stop trying to derail this thread about violence with your lies about nonviolence.

The charges against the New Black Panthers were downgraded by the Bush Department of Justice:

The decision not to file a criminal case occurred before Obama was even in office.

This means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division."

No one hurt anyone. No one complained that they felt intimidated or threatened. Your hero Bush is the one that decided it was not a big deal. Go find a thread about Bush and derail it with your complaints about he handled this completely different topic.

Get your story straight and stop believing everything that you are told to believe.

Poll watchers testified to the intimidation and threats that were focused specifically on them. They were threatened and called names. I cited that fact and section 11b of the Voting Rights Act prevents attempts to intimidate not only voters but anyone aiding a person to vote. That would be a Poll Watcher Wouldn't It?

Two Black poll watchers actually testified to the commission that they were in fact threatened by the Panthers. The poll-watchers also testified that voters approaching the polls promptly turned around and left upon seeing the menacing Panthers stationed out in front of the polling station.

You want to read it all for yourself , go ahead and do yourself a favor. www.usccr.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

We right wingers have more sense than that.

Apparently not.

Then there's this guy!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConserVet
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Most normal people are sick and tired of the "look at me, I'm protesting, I'm better than you!" crowd. The futz that stepped on her head went over the line, but its not like she got a concussion. It was a soft step, like when you stick your foot in the back door when its raining because you don't want your wet dog running into the house.

Uh...no.

Activist Lauren Valle suffered a concussion and sprained shoulder and arm in the incident after group of Rand Paul supporters wrested her to the ground.
source
But hey, that is just what those liberal doctors at the commie hospital had to say.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Not one thing that I posted about that OTHER TOPIC was incorrect. You seem hellbent on derailing this thread with other arguments. Take it up in a relavent thread. You had this one shot to refute what I posted and did not even try with your detail lacking "nu uh." I stand by my post and if you insist on arguing about it, take it to a thread that actually has to do with it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They should just put up signs at all political rallies.

No Running
No Grabbing
No Stomping
No Wig Snatching

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I keep reading justifications or rationalizations regarding this attack on this woman through claims she "charged" or "ran at" Rand Paul.

What?

Did she lower her head and charge at him like a bull?
Yell bomb, and run toward him waiving her award?

Where are people getting this "charged" claim from?

Certainly not the video.
I see people throwing a woman to the ground and stomping on her while she appears to be unconscious.

What powerful men these supporters are.

I personally think its cowardly and shameful to condone the disgusting abuse of this woman by a bunch of goons.

Rand Paul is surrounded by supporters running over to meet him, so lets say she did run toward him, how did they determine she was a threat that needed a violent take down?

- Lee
edit on 26-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Boomer1941

You do know that Russia is no longer a communist country right?

Officially why of course, how do you like the way they police crime and freedom of speech these days???

Hey...how about all that Voter Fraud showing up already, any comment on that Komrade???

I'll bet you even have a Putin Poster on your living room wall, I just put an Obama Poster above the Urinal at work.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join