It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at this, no labels for Franken-Salmon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
www.politicolnews.com...

This really tells you who the FDA really cares about. George Washington, Ben Franklin, anything with $$ on it.

Oh, you can't label your foods non-GMO, and you don't need to label GMO salmon.

All you have to do is line the pockets of the FDA, and they will be your puppet. That's what it seems like.

Troy

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Way to pick a non biased source there...But hey, at least it wasn't naturalnews,,,

I love a good biased story with no sources, no reason, no logic, just plain old making it up as they go along to fit their argument

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
wn.com...

Another link with some info in it.

campusprogress.org...

Honestly, though, would it surprise anyone for this to be true of the FDA? GMO food is already in our grocery store, is it labeled? I doubt it.

Troy
edit on 21-10-2010 by cybertroy because: thought of something else

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
there are plenty of sources questioning the safety,,,,
no long term studies
also they compared the franken fish to farm raised fish which are also less healthy, more susceptible to disease and deformities

not against a wild salmon,,, why???? i can only think of one reason

also,,,,, this new fish will give the makers better profits
but who will lose???/ the fishermen selling real, wild salmon

if you check websites reporting on this,,, in the comments many say they will just avoid salmon altogether

so the little family guy will go bust,,, and the higher profit, well funded biotech will survive,,, as we all become more unhealthy and polluted with toxins

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by cybertroy

Way to pick a non biased source there...But hey, at least it wasn't naturalnews,,,

I love a good biased story with no sources, no reason, no logic, just plain old making it up as they go along to fit their argument

so you think the FDA stands on higher ground??? that they really look out for our safety,,,
as they pass safety rules that only bankrupt small local farmers while huge agribusiness survives and being the ones where outbreaks occur

the fda is valid when most employees have come from biotech ag firms and is a constant revolving door

i think naturalnews has more pure motives than the fda does,,,,,, the instances and occurence of bias and scandal re to numerous to list

a synthetic altered substance ,, a medication must go thru 100 million dollar safety tests,,, but this genetically altered , basically synthetic to a point fish gets fast tracked to store shelves, no long term study???
why???

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Found a little more.

articles.mercola.com...

This is like other GM foods, the process and the result of the Genetic Modification could make something which is not really considered food, or poor food, by our bodies. The results could be a disaster.

Take corn as an example. This stuff could have horrible effects on our body. And even the environment.

articles.mercola.com...

I honestly have no problem with Genetic Foods in theory, but for god's sake make sure that you know the results aren't going to cause problems. If the result is toxic, I'm sure not going to support it. Just having an abundance of something that appears to be food, but isn't, doesn't solve our problems for food.

If the product can be proven to be healthy, beneficial, and not destructive to us or the environment, then ok. But this obviously doesn't seem to be the case. This stuff is just being rushed into the market place, just like Big Pharma drugs, with the big profits on their minds.

And, I have to question whether there are evil motives behind this, because some of this food seems suspiciously problematic, just like drugs. What else is a person with some consciousness supposed to think? Dangerous drugs flood the market place, dangerous foods, toxins, additives, etc, etc, all with FDA approval. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something isn't right. Somebody (s) seems to have some bad motives, or some misguided motives.

Bottom line, don't put anything in our dinner plate until you know for sure it's going to be ok. For right now, I don't support what is going on with genetic foods, because the motives do not seem to be in our best interest. I'll take my regular food, thank you very much.

Troy

new topics

top topics

join