It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this is true, the whole economic system is KABOOM for good

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paige Turner
The first time I heard about this I kind of ignored it, like I didn't want to hear it or couldn't really grasp the gravity of it all. It's been a little while and I think it has finally sunk in. We're screwed, life as we know it will cease at least. Not saying that's totally a bad thing.

I was told this will come down in November, if that's true, there's not much time left. Anyone with some thoughts on how to prepare for when this all hits the fan? I've heard buying gold or silver coins is a good idea. Stockpiling food and water, of course. Anyone have more bright ideas?

I think history will record that this is the pivotal event that will eventually pull the handle on the global economic flusher. The magnitude of this just boggles my little mind. I also think your right about November - sometime around the 14th - give or take a few days the abscess will burst forth. It will take some time for all this to take complete effect and percolate it's stench up to the surface.

The FED could pull some strings however, economic smoke and mirrors, cast illusion of some kind to try and kick the can a little bit further down the road but it's looking inevitable at this point. I don't think they have any real bullets left to shoot at this charging beast.

Time is NOW to invest in gold and silver and/or spend what dollars you have for survival goods. The big poopies hitting the fan.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bunnysinnocence

People in this country are very fearful.

They will know "What they are fearful of",soon.

All those in charge need to do is shut off the lights,and most will go nuts within a day or so.

Or maybe more people realize what's up to do that YET.

I just don't know what to think,but I see a lot of angry people out there every day.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
I wonder if this activity has been prevalent in other securities such as student loans, credit cards, and car loans. It would explain the expansion of the education bubble tuition increases and expansion of "colleges" on many city retail areas.

Frontline had an excellent episode a few months ago about the explosion of for-profit colleges like University of Phoenix. More massive fraud and ripping people off and it's a big fat mess too!! Here's a link if anyone is interested:
Frontline - "College, Inc."

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Emptiness Dancing

Buy seeds,find a good water source.

You can't eat gold or silver.

Oh yeah,be awesome to one another too,that will probably help.

It would have helped a long time ago,but we have nearly all been reduced to the same level of evil,greedy mean little critters which are causing what is coming.

In a way,those of us who practice...."trickle down moral sets".... deserve it

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

You are so right.

They can just shut off the traffic lights, and most urban areas would go to crap in a hurry. But shut down the internet, then we are really talking.

Turn off the lights, that's the whole she-bang!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bunnysinnocence

I learned a long time ago that college was a "debt trick",and have been trying to warn impressionable young people about it for many years.

That,and the military have been feeding off of the ignorance of many for a long,long time.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If the lights do get turned off,it will be selective.

Those who are less than desirable will have lights,and those without light, good sheep who think they have always done the right thing will turn on them,and destroy them.

So if lights start going out here and there,make sure yours go out too.

I live in the dark,away from people.

I am neither rich,nor poor,I am Hollow.

Thud!.

edit on 21-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: other

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Like the op says...The banks loaned the money out for the mortgages to shakey borrowers.
They then securitised the mortgages into bundles and sold these to offshore and pension funds.
They took the money from the securitised mortgages and reloaned that out too.
At the same time, they actually sold the securities they bundles to investors more than once....
Thats outright fraud.
This is whats got the market to this extreme....poised on the brink of collapse as there is not enough cash to even give refunds to everybody.....this double selling of the securitised mortgage bundles has caught up with the big banks at this point.As they cannot forclose on the properties to make up shortfall....
something like that anyways.....hope it helps....
My thoughts on gold...ya cant eat it,wear it, or keep warm with it.....
I think silver may be a better bet for some holding metal.....but if the whole thing goes down, survival gear is probably gonna be more useful to you....

One comment i have to make is that everyonme will be in the same boat....rich and poor alike.
Perhaps a new system far more just and equitable may eventuate from out of this mess caused by greed and avarice,and the need to control others.

It is far better to bring it all down now than let it struggle onward becoming more repressive and brutal as the system fights to keep the pecking order intact.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Paige Turner

Will buying gold and silver help, now that gold prices are as high as they have ever been? Maybe that was part of the scam, if you buy gold you are throwing more money in TPTBs hands because aren't they the ones that we will be buying the precious metals from? They bought in at a few dollars an ounce and now you have to buy in at hundreds of dollars an ounce. It blows the mind...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great thread! What's your read of it? Did Wall Street really screw the banks? Is Wall St. part of the banks? Are they separate entities? I think the latter. I don't get it. Maybe I just don't think the way they do, but aren't they going to destroy the entire system? Killing the poor and middle class who totally create and support the system? Aren't they killing the only cows that give milk? Are they just totally myopic. What is certain is that injustice has been served and perpetuated at the highest levels of government in concert with the sociopathic, scum on Wall St. People have died as a result of this! This is a sacrafice upon the unholy alter of avarice and evil. Evil deeds done by evil men and women.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am not all that bright but i figured some stuff out..basically a hillbilly that read some books.
in 3d grade JFK was shot so i figured the president of the usa was expendable.
and they came to our school near ft. drum to recruit for the nam..i figured it was all a lie
from the get go. i did a book report on vance packard's the hidden persuaders,
read future shock by alvin toffler. and read alot of james mitchner's stuff.
so to have all the assassinations every so often was enough
to let people know who was really in control /calling the shots-literally.
under clinton the us.prison population began a steep climb..
Bush one declared the new world order in 91. the prison pop surpasses china ..
Bush two/cheney and brother marvin pull the twin towers caper .
and the endgame is on..pick the carcass clean..hand off to bush dark.
Obama is another slick one- elitist- bush put down the coke and booze
and used jesus.. obama uses his race.
bush /cheney bad cop "the war president" -obama the good cop.
see- he has a peace medal..but your still getting worked over.
and the game is repaid in the opium fields of afghanistan this time.
iran,syria,n.korea,venezuela,somalia,-now they war anywhere they please.
so- prison bound or in the military are your career choices
2.3million inmates and climbing -fema camps in place thanks to
cheneys halliburton crew. (386 million contract)
gulf sabotage and chemical weapons of mass destruction
also thanks to halliburton/bp.
the USA is a screwed pooch.FUBAR..done deal..
watch the fat rat's scurry about..behind blackwater guards ..
i sold my house before the collapse-invested in gold-guns-groceries.
got other places to go. better things to do than watch this psy-ops show.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddpI don't completely know. But my incling is that it is a scam. Remember you can't eat gold or silver. In the black or grey market ater the shyt hits the fan, do you really want to be pulling gold out of your pocket? That would make you a target.more]

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yeah i think the collapse is imminent.

Everybody is buying/grabbing assets with real value before the paper becomes toast.

I think the next two weeks will see attempts by nations to dump their dollars by buying as much as possible while there are still people dumb enough to accept them.

If you have cash in the bank i would urge all of you to buy silver, as much as you can afford.

It's too late for gold now, that's just gonna skyrocket in the panic.

And personally i think any future currency will actually be silver backed, but that's just my opinion.

Either way the Federal Reserve Dollar is dead.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Wall Street and banks are one now,that was seen to when the Glass-Steagall legislation was struck down during the Clinton Administration.

With globalist practices,an awful big chunk of the livestock is no longer necessary,the milk can be obtained elsewhere.

The United States is among the least populated land masses on the planet.

Environmental protection laws make it nearly impossible for most to do anything here.

The global warming scam has made it worse,and a lot of people believe it to be true.

The U.S. may become the world's largest tourist attraction.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would just like to say that I believe the Gold and Silver are impractible.

My investment tips are as follows:

Firearms
Ammo
Food
Water
Med Kits (notice the plural)

Cigarettes
Snuff or Dip

The Nicotine would be for trade, in a serious SHTF senario where all sectors of the economy are fried, these may well be the MOST sought after "luxury" items. Easily carried, light, and divisible to indivual smokes... 200 per carton.

Gold and Silver are a scam, either it will be worthless afterwards, or it will be confiscated again as during the Great Depression and no one but they will have it anyways. Good Luck.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a few books i recommend-
prozac nation
cadillac desert
broken brain
war is a racket
the long emergency
world made by hand.
where there is no doctor
the road
the boy scout manual
shotgun news.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2KJMan

You are right on point.
I fear there will be a false flag event to mask the collapse to the dumbed down sheeple.

Buy as much .223/5.56, .308 Winchester (7.62x51) 9mm, .40 and .45 as you can afford even if you don't own those calibers they will be the most valuable commodity next to Safe food and water.

check out the Mississippi Preparedness Project they have loads of preparedness info in their Learning center.

Also Alarm and Muster

Get ready for a bumpy ride!

Hope and Change

edit on 21-10-2010 by SWCCFAN because: fix link

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

01-31-2001 03:41 PM 64. The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over.

He was probably right, in retrospect. Only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
[...]
If you have your money in a bank you are a fool.

I've never understood that. Where should it be then? If the banks fail like that, then the entire system has failed and your (paper) money is just as worthless, no? I think a bigger fool keeps his money under his mattress(etc.).

You're talking a collapse of epic proportions - a possible end to modern civilization! Money will be the least of your problems. Use it now to prepare, perhaps, but once TSHTF? It matters not, imho.
edit on Thu Oct 21 2010 by Rren because: punctuation

Paper money is an illusion. It only has as much value as we give it. Hoarding cash is silly. 'Tis better to invest in food and supplies no? Of course if the world collapses, people with vices will undoubtedly make that a priority, so one might be wise to keep ciggs, booze, and some "self medications" if ya catch my drift.

Personally, I invested in weapons and ammo. I'll be the guy that comes and takes your stocked supplies.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't see any significant movements on the currency exchanges

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join