It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court says men can beat wife if no marks left

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
well

more proof of what the "enlighten society" does........

beat women is ok
raping women is ok

and to the guy who says there is more violence towards women in the west bs for the simple fact there are over 1.5 billion muslims and there are millions of people who do agree with these actions and for those women who are too afraid of death to even say anything................meh

and a woman picking a fight with you but wait for it..............you said you live in nz.......you couldnt get away with it.......but if you still lived in afghanistan would have been a whole nother story...........

man you are sadly misinformed about the west................i had you pegged from the get go...........the posts you have made and the stances you are taking and always take has told everyone just exactly what ideology you truly follow........its one thing to say stuff on the net hell you can make up whatever you wish to but only fools believe everything they are told on the internet..................

touch women in this manner is unacceptable then end.............and if anyone thinks that this is acceptable behavior well make you need to take a beating or too to see what your dishing out...........(that is just a generalization really not directed towards anyone person)
edit on 18-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You know you could have pressed the reply button if you wanted since your whole post was a reply to mine

So what is the point of your post?

That violence against women doesn't exist in the West because striking a woman is illegal?

But my point still stands, can anyone refute my point? That even if the law allows some men to strike women, they won't and even if the law does not allow men to strike women, they will.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The mark the women would have would scar her for life.

This mark is a mark on her heart. She trusted him and for that he beats her!?

These women shouldn't even have to deal with the trashy men that are doing this in the first place!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

But my point still stands, can anyone refute my point? That even if the law allows some men to strike women, they won't and even if the law does not allow men to strike women, they will.

If murder or rape etc were legal in the west,I`d say there would be more murder and rape.

Do you disagree?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry but if beating your wife without leaving marks is something you need to concern yourself with perhaps your in the wrong relationship to begin with? Wouldn't it make more sense to just move on with your life if the two didn't get along and beatings were necessary? And they call us civilized!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by gps777

Well there is the whole phone book over the leg and hitting it with a hammer.

Seeing they think men should be able to do this to their wives I think we should be able to do it to them, sounds fair in my books. Crazy old white guys, what do you expect?

They're the cheating lying SOB's anyway.

Pred...

Wow you obviously didn't read the article Mr Prejudice... this was in the UAE... What white guys?

Bigot

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

whats the point of my post? really man go back to school and take a class called reading comprehension.

illegal defined in the west is the rule of law..the rule of man...............not the rule of allah......and not the rule of sharia..................................under sharia law anything is acceptable behavior underneath the guise of religious freedom meaning the man can do whatever he wants to and god will be the judge.............turns out society doesnt work this way the wests laws are set forth to protect its citizens from each other and this includes a persons religious interpretation of said laws.........

and your point is nonsensical its nonsensical for this very reason mans law is here for a reason for the protection of their citizens.

can any refute your points ? can you ask whats the point of my post............man that speaks volumes of your character............for the simple fact what you failed to read is the most critical part of that post...............".touch women in this manner is unacceptable then end.".........that means beating......that means rape all things acceptable under sharia and more extremist religious views.............................and unlike the east and in the west this behavior is still not acceptable or tolerated but and western citizens religious views doesnt condone said behavior........meh

edit on 18-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Wow you obviously didn't read the article Mr Prejudice... this was in the UAE... What white guys?

I was also confused with that part of his post.

Maybe I should have stated that the UAE is the United Arab Emirates in the OP for better clarity for some.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Since you don't want to refute my point let me put it in another manner, and ask you some questions.

If a woman slaps me 3 times and asks me for a fight, am I allowed to touch her in the West?

What if I provoke the woman using words, then she attacks me, am I allowed to touch her?

Answer those two questions first, then we contineu.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

How do you come up with that? The statistics kept and the media on it would all reflect what the culture and laws state.

So if my nation says that slapping someone is assault, that ends up in the stats for assualt.

If your nation says that breaking my leg for a good manly reason is okay, that isn't assault and isn't in any stats.

If in my nation raping your wife is a crime and can be reported, it goes into the stats. If in your country raping your wife is considered a regular Friday night to chat about with the boys, and it isn't even considered rape at all, then it obviously isn't counted.

So considering that both of these scenarios depict how a straight up comparison of "assaults" is misleading, how do you live with yourself for such a self-serving lie?
edit on 2010/10/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
We are talking about two polar opposites here I feel.

In the East its acceptable for men to be physically abusive toward women.(and is under their law)

In the West its acceptable for women to be physically abusive toward men.(socially acceptable)

In the West, here`s an example,of how programmed we have become to accept this as normal and the man must be at fault for it to happen.

edit on 19-10-2010 by gps777 because: yvid code

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
meanwhile if this were to happen in Iran(if it dos'nt already) the media would be all over it and they would be making us all feel very very sorry for those who suffer these abuses, however the U.A.E are not on the agenda, therefore the mainstream media will not touch it.

that being said i am suprised by the reaction by some as though this is shocking news, its been going on for years, and in many countries, so although i am against such things its a bit hard to single out the U.A.E. with my critical opinion of their actions.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Another disgusting thing - what has this world come to?

What if a wife beat her husband and left no marks? He would report her and she would be stoned, presumably.

About stoning and other human rights abuse like this - WHERE IS THE COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS?

I am contacting them, and I suggest that you contact them as well, and PROTEST.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So that's why Burkas are all the rage in the Arab world. Today the world made a little bit more sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
meanwhile if this were to happen in Iran(if it dos'nt already) the media would be all over it and they would be making us all feel very very sorry for those who suffer these abuses, however the U.A.E are not on the agenda, therefore the mainstream media will not touch it.

I can go with that,except that article is from the main stream media.So I have had to ask myself why? I can only see it for the reason of furthering womens rights over mens here in the west.

that being said i am suprised by the reaction by some as though this is shocking news

Heck I`ve known about the stonings and such,but to hear this as acceptable by law to physically abuse your wife so long as you dont leave a mark, as in that makes it ok,well thats rediculous and something I`d never heard before.

Had you?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If husband can beat their wives as long as no marks are left, then wives should be allowed to castrate their husbands as long as no blood gets on the carpet.
edit on 19-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by Intelearthling

There is such a thing as removing yourself from a situation that can escalate to a physical confrontation.

A man that beats on a woman will beat a defenseless child and abuse defenseless animals. They're in the same catagory as pedophiles and murderers. Worthless.

Spit on them.
A female is a precious gift. A man ain't nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, if he treats a female harshly.

Are you saying here that women who are violent will not beat a defenseless child or abuse defenseless animals and should not be in the same catagory as worthless pedophiles and murderers,which women also commit?

From what I gather about the subject of the thread, it isn't the violence of women that we're talking about here. Sure there are violent women and they're dealt with lawfully just as a violent man would be.

For you yourself to make a decission of only removing yourself from a violent women (running away),you are leaving this women to reoffend,what have you taught her?

I'm removing myself from a potentially explsive situation, not running away. A womans wrath is usually towards on individual in a quarrel and maybe the man did something to anger the woman but that's no reason to beat on the woman especially if the man is in the wrong in the first place.

These women often also shout for equality yet dont like it when they are treated equal,why then should they not be held accountable for their actions in your opinion.

Like I said, the equal rights issue is not the topic of this thread. Besides, equal rights shouldn't include getting beaten like a man would fight another man.

The laws should be equal for both genders.

Have you looked at a woman lately? They're softer and smaller framed, in general, than a man. You're trying to suggest it should be lawful to beat a woman like a man because they demand equal rights.

I do know one thing, men can't efficiently do what a woman can do and the same vice versa. Since these differences are offset, yes equal rights should apply to them.

Let me give you an example. My wife can't get out and crawl up under our car to change the oil or change the brakes as fast as I can and I can't get in the kitchen and prepare a meal equal to what she can without destroying the entire kitchen.

Our abilties and inabilities offset one another and together we're whole. 2 = 1.
edit on 19/10/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

But it IS illegal for a woman to do that here. It is illegal for ANY person to abuse another.

The law applies equally - that people don't think to apply the law to a woman who abuses doesn't mean it CANNOT be.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

to me 'main stream' is plastered all over your t.v. networks, i have heard nothing on the story here in the u.k., it may be there for viewing, but only on the internet, that is not really taking the story to its highest potential interms of how many people are informed about it.

yes i am still shocked that people think this stuff does not go off and is approved by law, there are numerous abuses in many countries that are approved by law off that country especially in the past.

www.guardian.co.uk...

although things are getting better interms of laws changing, there are many more abuses that are 'ignored' even though there are laws to protect against it. so i am not shocked that a group of different people, in a different country, with different beliefs, do think and act differently to those in my country.

in my country chopping of a boys hands for stealing is wrong, in other countries it is considered punishment. in my country the death penalty is considered wrong and law was changed and now the death penalty is abolished, however in some countries its is still considered punishment.

its called a different country with different beliefs, and i am shocked people think woman being abused is not openly accepted in some society's.

not that it should be, we still have a long way to go to educate people around the world, if you think they should all think the same as us in our countries.

edit on 19-10-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Actually the women protection laws are quite unconstitutional, as they only consider "women" in them.

It can be easily abused, and I read stories of some men who lost their families just because they got accused unjustly of something they did not do.

That's right, just a few words and BAM. Of course the wife got soon a restraining order so the guy could not even see his son.

Don't believe me? Just go and test it out on your husband...

My opinion is that if those laws are going to exist, they should be tweaked so that this cannot be abused.

And if you do not want to be beat by guy, don't go and marry retarded/scoundrel/drug addict men hoping that you can change them. Go look for the good/hard working/honored/family men (yeah, I know they're boring...) and you should be fine most of the times.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join