It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK 17/10/10 I spotted something in the air way out to sea and took some footage .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Its too far off and out to sea ( north sea) for me to say 100% what it is. Taken with a sony digital camcorder 40X optical zoom. I'm thinking airship or balloon however its so far out to sea. So not sure what it is.

edit on 18-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
your camera is too shaky, but to me it looks like a hot air balloon.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Really too far off to determine. What brought your attention to this? was it making noise or moving erratically? From what i can see on this vid it would be hard to even say if it was a helicopter or not. Thanks for posting it though.
edit on 18-10-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Kind of looks like it could be a parasailer.

Pretty shaky and far away to be 100% though.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

That because I was on max zoom and light was fading fast so the camera was having trouble focusing.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
That footage doesnt really give anyone anything to work with except for the fact that most of the people around you dont seem to interested. Im guessing if it was something unusual, the others would have been a little more excited then they appeared to be, Thats how I see it anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Really too far off to determine. What brought your attention to this? was it making noise or moving erratically? From what i can see on this vid it would be hard to even say if it was a helicopter or not. Thanks for posting it though.
edit on 18-10-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

No it must of been 30 miles away so no noise. I just spotted a speck out on the horizon so grabbed camera out my car to get better look. Unfortunately I had left my binoculars at home after star gazing the other night.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Tarifa37.....

No it must of been 30 miles away so no noise.

How do you know how far away the object was?

Hang on.....

Haven't we done this before?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I love Sony. . .I might suggest you orient yourself with the manual focus feature. I hat when I'm trying to film something and the focus just plays. Interesting video. . .I have no opinion as to what it is or what it could be. Good job!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Tarifa37.....

Hang on.....

Haven't we done this before?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

That's how far the horizon is on a clear day. Its not fake if that's what your thinking. Its a real object in the air about 30 miles from my position.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

That's how far the horizon is on a clear day. Its not fake if that's what your thinking. Its a real object in the air about 30 miles from my position.

Tarifa37.....

How do you know the object was the same distance away as the horizon?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It was above the far horizon could have been further as in the air and not on the water. It was a very clear day on a clear day you can see about 30 miles at sea level.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

What part of the coast are you filming from plenty of rigs in the North Sea Helicopter anyone ! So a bit more detail please location direction etc.

Why did you not move forward and use the bollard thats in view to steady the camera.

Oh and by the way for a average height man at sea level the horizon is about 3 miles away not 30 iirc.

So the object may not be as far as you think!
edit on 18-10-2010 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

What part of the coast are you filming from plenty of rigs in the North Sea Helicopter anyone ! So a bit more detail please location direction etc.

Why did you not move forward and use the bollard thats in view to steady the camera.

Oh and by the way for a average height man at sea level the horizon is about 3 miles away not 30 iirc.

3 miles?? your joking Right ? I was actually resting the camera on a wall but had to tilt slightly to get the shots hence the shake at full zoom. This was facing north from a place called hampton on the south east coast of the uk.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Tarifa37.....

It was above the far horizon could have been further as in the air and not on the water. It was a very clear day on a clear day you can see about 30 miles at sea level.

Please see below.....the horizon is approx 3 miles distant when observed from sea level.

r observers on the ground with eye-level at h = 5 ft 7 in (5.583 ft), the horizon is at a distance of 2.89 miles (4.65 km).

en.wikipedia.org...

I also think it is problematic to state definitively state the objects are at the same distance as the horizon.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 18-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by wmd_2008

3 miles?? your joking Right ? I was actually resting the camera on a wall but had to tilt slightly to get the shots hence the shake at full zoom. This was facing north from a place called hampton on the south east coast of the uk.

he is correct, 3 miles if your eyes are 6ft from floor level : wiki.answers.com...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Thanks for that maybe to many people on here like to guess things but i suppose thats why its a conspiracy site why use the truth when a guess or lie is so much more interesting.

Also you RICH-ENGLAND.
edit on 18-10-2010 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

hahaha, i think me and my friend maybe were doing that at the same time!. he just beat me to it!.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I notice that tarifa37 cleared off and did not even say sorry
no doubt he is away checking what we have said and this thread will die.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

We have forts 9 miles off our coast which are clearly seen on a good day.www.bobleroi.co.uk...

Shivering Sands pictured above in the late 1980's

WGS 84 Chart Checks 1st March 2006: 51 29.92' N & 1 4.8' E at 4 nautical (4.60) miles from Red Sands & 8 nautical (9.2) miles from nearest land at Herne Bay, & 8.75 nautical (10.06)

The Knock John fort is 12 miles off Herne Bay and can also be seen on a clear day ( better with binoculars of course) forums.airshows.co.uk...

Navy sea fort “Knock John” a completely different design. The fort was positioned on Friday 1st August 1942 and is 12 miles off Herne Bay. (51.33.72 North x 1.09.83 East)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join