It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police abuse in Paraguay (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Police abuse in Paraguay (VIDEO)

www.telegraph.co.uk

Footage has emerged of a policeman in Paraguay violently hitting and kicking a handcuffed 13-year-old.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
video.corriere.it

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm so angry after watching this video. There is no excuse for something like this. That is a 13 years old kid tortured by the police. WHY??

Lets say the kid stole something.....Will this kind of mesures solve the problem or make it bigger.

I provide an aditional link to the video, just to be sure everybody can watch it, specially policemen all over the world.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Oh my god... That is pathetic, that cop is a mere criminal, he gave a new definition to law & order right there, this is down right disgusting, how can anyone think of this, especially the one who suppose to be "protecting". Nice job,cop, you just showed the mere #@*$@(& you are.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Saying that the kid was tortured by watching that video is stretching it. He wasn't tortured, he was abused. There is a significant difference. To say that is torture is nothing less than a hyperbole aimed to create a firestorm, which the MSM does so well.

That policeman was wrong. He should be tried and convicted for his crime, but to say he tortured that boy is pushing it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

You are right...torture, abuse.....I think there are no words to describe this.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Trueman because: fix text

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wasn't that interesting that the cop just happened to have what looked like a padded bag handy to put over the teen's head to prevent obvious signs of abuse. You have to conclude that this kind of thing is routine there.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Wasn't that interesting that the cop just happened to have what looked like a padded bag handy to put over the teen's head to prevent obvious signs of abuse. You have to conclude that this kind of thing is routine there.

Even worse brother, the bucket the cop put on the teen's head is probably used for torture when full of water. If empty, as a toilet or garbage can.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yes, the more public it gets more preasure we make... the police is not there to bit kids!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Somehow this got posted in the wrong thread. Now that i found the mistake, i am posting it here.

I am fairly vocal in my criticism of police. As well, I am fairly vocal about non-violence.

But this seems a lot more like a WWE beat down than a real violent attack. No, it is not right to terrorize a 13 year old. But i would hardly call that a "violent assault" by any stretch.

It was a performance that seems to be fit for wrestling.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

well, not really... he intencionally hit him on the face for ne reason... he wasn't even tryng to defend himself...
hopefully the government will do something... if not we will continue showing videos...!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yea, you are right. It was a filthy looking bucket. Even more gross. The kid looks stoned or maybe just dazed.

Nevertheless, this simply is not the way to treat any human being, let alone a kid.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveseeker
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

well, not really... he intencionally hit him on the face for ne reason... he wasn't even tryng to defend himself...
hopefully the government will do something... if not we will continue showing videos...!!!

That last sentence was so "South Park-ish" that I almost spit soda on my monitor. You do understand that showing video's will amount to roughly nothing, right? it is like the NFL wearing pink shoes to "raise awareness" for breast cancer (which we are all overly aware of already, most of us painfully so).

Look, I am not saying this kid was treated properly. I am just saying that considering it is Paraguay, I am not shocked and was actually underwhelmed by what I saw given the way the thread participants were reacting. No, the cop shouldn't be allowed to do this sort of thing....but if that is the worst that you see from a Banana Republic, then perhaps that particular Banana Republic is not where your focus should be? Somalia would be a good example. There, they take over boats, instead of wearing pink shoes, to raise awareness. Yet no one seems to be listening. Maybe it is because someone isn't showing enough videos?
edit on 17-10-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok. What I saw in that video was a state guardian (cop or whatever) abusing a young lad...it is mentioned that he is 13 years old. The young fellow is manacled by handcuffs or some other form of restraint, and he is being slapped and punched about the head, and a bucket is roughly placed over his head and he is kicked. The camera is turned away from the abuse, but has already captured and signified what is going on in that room.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't cops, from whichever country, supposed to arrest and detain using physical force if required if the suspect resists, but are not meant to dole out any punishment as punitive retribution. Their warrant authority does not extend to them being judge and executioner. This particular cop needs to end up in a dark alley, on his own, facing the family or friends of this young victim, because that is what this cop made of his young alleged felon.

It is way past the time for the police federations around the world to begin dealing swiftly and harshly with abusive members of their forces, or the public will do it for them. The public want to support the police when they are doing their tough job, but this sort of abusive behaviour cannot be supported or tolerated. Seeing this kind of behaviour from people we are supposed to trust and support makes us all feel pretty bad...and I don't care that it's Paraguay, or some other God-forsaken # hole...decency should be universal and mandatory. Period.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Well said. I wish this thread get flagged enough to call all ATSers atention. Sadly, even here not many members care.

top topics

join