It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Cartels Sending Hit Squads After Arizona Militia Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I wish I lived in AZ I'd be doing the same thing. I'd come down to help but I don't have the finacial means.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

It's sad that it's gotten to the point where private citizens have to do the job of the government, a job that we pay them to do on a daily basis. The government would rather spend billions of dollars to support corporate interests and force "democracy" on foreign nations. It makes one wonder why the budget for border security, which falls under "Homeland Security" is so much smaller in comparison to the budget for Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

where you at?
i'm heading down in a week or so, can help with your gas or bus ticket.

anyhow, i've been on the horn for a few days.
the rumors of shoot outs and cartel members being taken out are just that, rumors.
when militia men who are part of the acm tell me they know of nothing concerning this topic i tend to believe them.
there are groups on the border who have confiscated backpacks of drugs, and a few weapons, but not much else has happened to my knowledge.
as my one buddy told me yesterday, the cartels are more concerned with semi-truck loads then they are a few backpacks worth.
the small time smugglers use backpacks and trails, the big guys use trucks and airplanes.
an estimated 1 out of 50 semis heading north across the border is actually searched.
image how much drugs can fit in a semi trailer, now imagine the cartels losing one out of 50 loads smuggled north.
it's nothing, it's the equivalent of 1/ 50th of the veggies in your fridge turning before you eat them.
sucks to watch, but not much of a financial burden.

edit on 18-10-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

If what you have posted here is true, then superior tactics will take care of this.

Backpackers with fake loads, and a crew ready to attack the militia there?

They set their own trap.

If the post was true, then my idea that they are fairly stupid in the first place, becomes a reality.

What Brainiac 15 from Mexico would publish his tactics?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
~snip~

I understand this is an international board and all but if you are truly having this much trouble understanding that I am just looking for clarity on the topic of stolen drugs, then you should find someone with a better grasp of English to help out.

~snip~

Calling people out for needing a better grasp of English, after stirring the pot with your arguments over semantics AGAIN, I see...I smell your M.O., or....something....
Maybe a better avatar for you would be someone with their EARS open, rather than their mouth, although the one you've chosen is quite apropos.

Anyway, this is a most concerning "uptick" in the stakes involved down along the border. Hang in there, AZ, it's always darkest before the dawn. I know a lot of folks who got your back when the time comes.
edit on 18-10-2010 by tjack because: could I say "certainly" any more times in so few sentences?!, GAWD!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
for info on the mayhem check - blog de narco.
arizona is bristling with firepower -that i know for sure.
general attitude seems to be the war is on.
and damn the federal govt.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Well, I can't really comment on what your friends have told you, I can only comment on the information available to me. Perhaps this isn't a militia wide operation, I understand that not everyone can take weeks off from work. Perhaps they have orders to keep quiet on the operations for fear of government informants. Like I said, I can't really comment on what you claim your friends have said even though I, so far, have no real reason to distrust your statements.

I don't believe the current operations are all out combat maneuvers, rather it seems like tactical, small group operations in the style of the Special Forces so I suppose not everyone would "need to know".

If you'd like, please feel free to check out USBorderFireReport.com which seems to have more than a few articles relating to recent violence and militia involvement along the border.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

I think it would come down to equipment and skill versus numbers. The militias and local citizenry certainly have access to good equipment and many are combat hardened vets, however, the cartels have much more money and much more people.

I think the local forces could do some good damage to the cartels but they won't be able to defeat them completely without some help from our government. If our government made a concerted effort to stop the cartels and rerouted some of the effort, budget and supplies away from Iraq and Afghanistan and focused on the border and against the cartels we could see some real and permanent success.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't believe the current operations are all out combat maneuvers, rather it seems like tactical, small group operations in the style of the Special Forces so I suppose not everyone would "need to know".

from the time i entered this thread, my only argument has been that the acm is not taking out cartel members.
that there has not been any killings perpetrated by acm members.
i agree, the acm does have units on the border, they have taken some action, drug confiscations etc..
i've also claimed to no knowledge of actual firefights between the acm and the cartels.
thanx for the link, but it only reconfirms my point.
i didn't get threw the entire site, but articles like this one, b.p. shootout, are things we all know about.

i'll ask again. can anyone show me a shred of evidence showing the acm has killed anybody.'
can anyone show me a shred of evidence there has been any firefights involving acm members?

accusing a group of killings without any evidence is what i consider dangerous and even un-american.
we all know how violent the cartels are, really we do. i've experienced some violence first hand concerning them, more gang related than cartels related i'm sure, but the drugs that cause the violence comes from the cartels.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I don't mean to come off as argumentative, that is not my intention and I understand your objections. Perhaps you missed my post on the second page of this thread where I quoted information and provided a link to another thread that discusses it further. I'll repost the information again:

0545 hours MST - 13 Jul 2010 - approx. 7 miles west of Ruby, AZ - six enemy, in uniform, carrying AK and SKS rifles - enemy were engaged by ACM forces as they tried to cross the international fence - two enemy KIA confirmed, unknown number of enemy WIA, no friendly casualties

Hummer now has his guys "hunkered down" until after dark, when they will exfil the area. He has not requested additional troops at this time. Tell everyone to sharpen their knives, but don't start heading to Pima County just yet. This was a small unit action, nothing more.

The ACM remains at "RIBBON" status, our second highest level of alert. Since we only have three levels, and we have been on that level since 22 June 2010, there is reason to be alert, but not to be alarmed.

From this thread

This is the information I have been going on in regards to the ACM engaging Zetas forces and killing at least two of them. Sorry if it wasn't clear before.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the first casualty in a war is the truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

ok, shadowflux, i missed that one, my apologies, i could not figure out where you were coming from regarding killings. i'll check into the thread, and will relay the info back to my friends.
this will be pretty easy to trace considering 'handles' used by members of acm.
without me reading that entire thread, can you give me a source of any sorts, i did not see one in the op.

Forwarded: Texasmobfather: I just got off the phone with Hummer, our Pima County Commander, at 13:15 hours, 13 Jul 2010, here is his SITREP: 0545 hours MST - 13 Jul 2010 - approx. 7 miles west of Ruby, AZ - six enemy, in uniform, carrying AK and SKS rifles

this actually creates more questions for me.
what is the 'uniform' of narco-trafficers, for starters.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

where you at?
i'm heading down in a week or so, can help with your gas or bus ticket.

anyhow, i've been on the horn for a few days.
the rumors of shoot outs and cartel members being taken out are just that, rumors.
when militia men who are part of the acm tell me they know of nothing concerning this topic i tend to believe them.
there are groups on the border who have confiscated backpacks of drugs, and a few weapons, but not much else has happened to my knowledge.
as my one buddy told me yesterday, the cartels are more concerned with semi-truck loads then they are a few backpacks worth.
the small time smugglers use backpacks and trails, the big guys use trucks and airplanes.
an estimated 1 out of 50 semis heading north across the border is actually searched.
image how much drugs can fit in a semi trailer, now imagine the cartels losing one out of 50 loads smuggled north.
it's nothing, it's the equivalent of 1/ 50th of the veggies in your fridge turning before you eat them.
sucks to watch, but not much of a financial burden.

Yeah I've gotta stay close to home I have stuff to take care of. I live about 15 minutes from the Canadian border. We don't have nearly any problems with them. Once in a while you hear about some illegal chinese imagrants trying to get in but thats about it. The border patrol is everywhere up here. When I fish boundry waters I see the border patrol or coast guard every 10 minutes. If the canadians did what the mexicans were doing I wouldn't think twice about shooting at them.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

As far as handles the only ones I really know about are "Hammerdown" who seems to be a leader of sorts ("spokesperson" or "area Unit Coordinator") in the ACM and "TexasMobFather" who I've found in other related forums posting information related to this discussion which I believe I linked to earlier. I've found a name and photo of the MobFather but I don't want to post his personal information here, it doesn't take much in Google skills to find that info though.

I've also seen people by the names of Hummer and B.Freebyrd mentioned as well but I haven't researched into them much.

As for the uniforms, there is some mention in this quote from Hammerdown:

“Area of Fima county in areas is described as Mars-like due to geological conditions in the area. Foreign drug mercenaries are coming across our border. These are not people coming across looking for work, but people armed with rocket-propelled grenades AK-47s… G3′s – hardcore paramilitary troops in uniform coming into our country in broad daylight operating openly to the point where the law enforcement in that area will not go into that area anymore. They know if they go into that area they will be fired upon … it is a certainty. Earlier today in Maricopa County, the Sheriff earlier this morning deployed 200 of his deputies in (the desert) and a belt-fed 50 calibre heavy machine gun.”

From here

So far I'm just reporting information as I find it, the only assumptions made in this thread is that the "bandits" mentioned refer to militia members, which I think is a fair assumption to make.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

hey, thanx for the links and all.
i'm waiting on a return phone call for info.
i'm seriously beginning to believe a lot of this is dis-info and propaganda.
the uniform issue makes it sound like fedarales and mex- military incursions.
we all know this is a real issue.
they are undoubtedly mixed in with the cartel, i'd even say one in the same in senses.
not to nit pick, but you'd think the guy that did the last link you provided would know that it is pima county, not fima county.
anyhow, thanx, this is a bigger issue than i thought.
i knew they were there running ops. i did not know of reported killings.
in the long run this will be very bad for the acm.
they do not need that kind of advertising right now, it's exactly what the gov. wants concerning militias.
unless it's coming from the gov. themselves.
i'll find out more.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

From what I gather about the Zetas they actually were Mexican military, seems like special forces, that found out they get paid more working for the Cartels. I read elsewhere that the encounter was between two ACM members and about 6 smugglers so I don't think they went out to purposely hunt the Zetas, I'll have to look for that info again.

I had also read what purported to be a quote from the Zetas leader that he felt the local authorities were in collusion with the Militia and that the sheriff was covering up the killing of the smugglers. I would be willing to believe this considering the fact that apparently a deputy was recently shot by smugglers who are thought to be affiliated with the Zetas, I believe this info is linked earlier in this thread.

I agree that this is a bigger issue than most people realize, myself included. I had no idea things were so bad along the border until I really started looking into it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

i've spent time on the border personally.
what was common a year or 2 ago was cross border shootings between whoever on the southside and b.p. on the north.
usually a couple of guys would open up on a truck, and the agent wouldn't return fire.
no obvious location.
a while later, same thing from different spots.
usually happened around populated areas.
b.p. won't fire into a crowd.
this last year is really when this crazier stuff began.

is there video footage of the zeta's?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

If you do a Google Video search for Los Zetas a lot of stuff pops up, the videos in Spanish are rather useless to me but most of the videos seem pretty graphic.

There is This Video which is in English and appears to be a CNN report on the Zetas, I can't watch it on this computer as my sound card is broken so I'll have to wait to check it out myself.

There are also videos on the ACM website and on the BorderFireReport website both of which have video evidence of caches.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
...then took the entire shipment.

I agree...what did they do with the goodies? Seems a logical question. Armed Americans transporting drug shipments is not a great improvement on armed Mexicans doing the same.

This stuff can be torched, right?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

It was most likely destroyed in one way or another. The report of them taking the drugs seems to come from the Zetas commander who was complaining that they were ambushed and the shipment was taken, however, other info seemed to say that the "ambush" was by a two man sniper team affiliated with the ACM who then "hunkered down" before "exfil" or stayed hidden before leaving in layman's terms.

I suppose I can't definitively say what happened to the drugs and who took them but I will say that none of the websites I've been seeing and none of the information I've been reading has led me to believe that these people would turn around and sell the drugs back to the American populace. They aren't doing this for fame or fortune, they're doing it to protect their homes and families and the rest of us Americans by proxy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join