It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Tamarin monkey bashed to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What on earth is wrong with people? It's bad enough that we are horrible to each other, but stories like this break my heart
Rar e Tamarin monkey bashed to death

The deceased monkey was stolen, along with his pregnant mate on Sunday afternoon from a local brisbane zoo - and they have found the male who "died from injuries consistent with having suffered serious blunt force trauma"
They haven't found his mate yet, and they think the chances are slim - (especially with the weather we are having in SEQ, it's not safe for any small animals to be out, let alone this poor little pregnant monkey!)

Stories like this really make me lose faith in the goodness of people! I know we've seen similar stories before, but I found this really sad

edit on 12/10/2010 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/10/2010 by bkaust because: link stuffed up

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is so sad. Millions of innocent animals dies everyday. People have a chance to have a better life and save their life. Animals are attacked because of their cuteness.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

I think it's only the weak ones who do it, the ones who aren't 'man' enough so to speak to confront their own problems head on, who take it out on not only people smaller or less able to defend themselves, but on the animals too - and it's disgusting! We definitely need harsher punishment for animal cruelty!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Duh! We need to put the people responsible to death! This is why I support the death penalty in my country. Uncle Sam is a Animal Rights supporter.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hope the murderous thieves are caught and tortured. I suppose Australia has many people who are decended from the criminals sent there 200 years ago. Many of the mental problems may have been passed down.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I hope the murderous thieves are caught and tortured. I suppose Australia has many people who are decended from the criminals sent there 200 years ago. Many of the mental problems may have been passed down.

You are one ignorant and foolish person! Most of the convicts that came to Australia were simple petty thieves. Deported for stealing things like a loaf of bread. Many were even innocent but deemed undesirable because they were poor. They weren't mentally ill. Where are you from incidentally? Lets have a closer look at your lineage.

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I remember a case like this - a few of them actually - around the same time in years past.
Freaky beans that.

Here's one: Boy kills reptiles, feeds them to crocodile at Australia zoo

There's another one about a young man who broke into a zoo and bludgeoned numerous reptiles - I started a thread about if a few years back but it's lost to me now.

It really makes me wonder what in the hell is happening to kids. And no, it isn't becasue we have the internet and just 'hear about it more' - it's because every year there are more and more instances of children going into death rages against innocent aniamls and younger children.

Scary stuff worthy of halloween I guess...

EEEEK!

peace

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

This just absolutely sad.

I suspect that the male monkey probably became aggressive in an attempt to protect his mate which resulted in these thugs killing it.

And the sad part is this reeks, to me, of stupid kids. Teenagers doing something simply for the lack of being able to figure out a healthy way to entertain themselves.

I could be wrong about all of the above. But statistically I think I'm probably pretty accurate.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by bkaust

This just absolutely sad.

I suspect that the male monkey probably became aggressive in an attempt to protect his mate which resulted in these thugs killing it.

And the sad part is this reeks, to me, of stupid kids. Teenagers doing something simply for the lack of being able to figure out a healthy way to entertain themselves.

I could be wrong about all of the above. But statistically I think I'm probably pretty accurate.

~Heff

So this species could go extinct because of the actions of a couple of assholes? Who the # would steal a critically endangered animal from a place where it is being given ideal living conditions so that its species might have a future.

#.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Animals will get along just fine after we do this to one another for long enough.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Not quite sure why that got directed at me...

But as I stated, my first thought is idiot teenagers. Thrill seeking dolts without any real motivation or plan other than to cause trouble.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by sremmos

Not quite sure why that got directed at me...

But as I stated, my first thought is idiot teenagers. Thrill seeking dolts without any real motivation or plan other than to cause trouble.

~Heff

My first thought is always serial killers in the making! Just yesterday the body of a baby Koala was found with multiple shotgun wounds, next to it's mother who had been shot to death, i'll pull up the article now...

Shotgun maims baby Koala near Jimna

top topics

join