It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probe Launched Into 500 Missing Nato Vehicles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Probe Launched Into 500 Missing Nato Vehicles

www.dawn .com

QUETTA:
Pakistan Customs has launched a probe into disappearance of 500 oil tankers and containers carrying supplies for Nato troops in Afghanistan.

A senior customs official told Dawn on Sunday that 500 oil tankers and containers which had left Port Qasim in Karachi for Kandahar did not reach the Pak-Afghan border near Chaman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Not one, two, or a dozen. 500 NATO/ISAF/American vehicles gone missing in Pakistan! This can't be an operation by a small band of looters. It is obviously something bigger.

Now how much road space would be required for 500 tankers? Approximately 10 kms! And this huge convoy was undetectable? Impossible!

By the way, Local Pakistani markets are awash with goods looted from Nato vehicles.

Ah! So that's where American tax payers dollars are going! Freebies (Looted content) being sold in Pakistani markets at a premium! And to top it all, talk of the $5 billion being handed on a platter to Pakistan every year in its so called war on terror!!

www.dawn .com
edit on 11-10-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Pakistan is sick of America's mini-invasion, and more factions are starting to take action, this time in a more open manner. (Other factions have been at it for years). Look for this to keep escalating.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I like the way Pakistanis are milking the US of A!! A classic case of the tail wagging the dog! Those billions being siphoned off in the sinkhole that is Pakistan could very well have gone towards American health care and creation of jobs in America!

Check out the automobiles that the Pakistani generals zip around in - BMWs, Audis and Mercs! And we're paying for it! That's obscene to say the least!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hold on! There's more...

ISLAMABAD: The federal government on Saturday said that it is considering imposing a tax on Nato supply trucks going to Afghanistan from Pakistan routes.

And then, as if this was not enough.....

The government may also demand road tax from the US for the past seven years of transporting these trucks, which would amount to approximately Rs.600 million.

I thought the doles being handed out by the American tax payer to Pakistan amounting to billions of dollars a year wasn't enough compensation? Yes! Pakistan knows how to milk America, and how!

In other words, Pakistanis are making suckers out of Americans. Carry on....

www.dawn.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Hey, You're giving them undue credit!

No one makes a sucker out of us. We make suckers out of ourselfs.

Sucka.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Will the military now be asking congress for more $$$$ for their logistics arm so that they can be self sufficient and not have to rely on contractors to shift equipment?

500 trucks disappearring and not a sign/image from any spy satelite, drones, intel on the ground??

Maybe the mil/gov are turning a blind eye and allowing this for a reason?? They want this info out in the public arena.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

By the way, Local Pakistani markets are awash with goods looted from Nato vehicles.

Ah! So that's where American tax payers dollars are going! Freebies (Looted content) being sold in Pakistani markets at a premium! And to top it all, talk of the $5 billion being handed on a platter to Pakistan every year in its so called war on terror!!

www.dawn .com

The huge question is why wait till now to play one of their trump cards, wow, this could be as huge a block on the move on Iran as the huge arms dump in Iraq Spetsnaz operators acting as mercenaries blew up while boy Bush was at the helm.

The trucks themselves will be very hard to replace in that region and the prices paid by the tax payer for the goods they carry is often a hundred times the market norm, this is way bigger than the 9 attacks on tankers the msm has told us about.

Obviously the resistance must have realised their supply line cutting power years ago and have timed this push now for their own strategic reasons, could we soon see many mini Dien Bien Phu's.

Thanks for the great news OP.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I thought the doles being handed out by the American tax payer to Pakistan amounting to billions of dollars a year wasn't enough compensation? Yes! Pakistan knows how to milk America, and how!

]

The money you give Pakistan is for the extra security spending you force them to make.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Not one, two, or a dozen. 500 NATO/ISAF/American vehicles gone missing in Pakistan! This can't be an operation by a small band of looters. It is obviously something bigger.

Now how much road space would be required for 500 tankers? Approximately 10 kms! And this huge convoy was undetectable? Impossible!

www.dawn .com

I have never seen or heard of any NATO/ISAF/American vehicles driven by pakistanis. fuel is hauled by Pakistani contractors in civilian tanker trucks and on flatbeds in 20 foot ocean shipping tanks
Bulk cargo is also shipped in 40 foot ocean shipping containers.

No doubt many shipping containers go missing in route a few going in full(they are guarded.)
and even more as the go out bound empty(not guarded)
but american trucks no, tanks no, hummers no,

Yes likely a lot of these containers and fuel tanks likely disappear.
1000s of shipping containers and shipping tanks disappear in the US every year.
www.postandcourier.com...
articles.latimes.com...

A lot of people living in that part of the world would love a nice dry cargo container to live in.
And the ocean shipping tanks would make a great water tank for any village.

if you buy a shipping container in the US get good paper work showing who sold you the container with there name on the bill of sale.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Hold on! There's more...

ISLAMABAD: The federal government on Saturday said that it is considering imposing a tax on Nato supply trucks going to Afghanistan from Pakistan routes.

And then, as if this was not enough.....

The government may also demand road tax from the US for the past seven years of transporting these trucks, which would amount to approximately Rs.600 million.

www.dawn.com...

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where they try to film the Radioactive Man movie in Springfield, and the movie producers get robbed blind.

Here's to painting horses to look like cows on film!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I have never seen or heard of any NATO/ISAF/American vehicles driven by pakistanis. fuel is hauled by Pakistani contractors in civilian tanker trucks and on flatbeds in 20 foot ocean shipping tanks
Bulk cargo is also shipped in 40 foot ocean shipping containers.

The trucks per se may not all belong to NATO, but the contents do. Like this.....

96 trucks set on fire carrying Humvees and other military vehicles for western forces in Afghanistan in an attack in the northwestern city of Peshawar, Pakistan.
Image: Weltonline.

In the Army, if you lose or misplace even one fired case on a firing range, you're screwed! But 500 trucks carrying military cargo including supplies just go missing?? What the.......?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I agree. With the amount of satelite surveilance & air recon going on over there, its inconceivable that such a large convoy could be lost. Which means it was a sanctioned operation by NATO forces.
The questions then are, who were these supplies diverted to & for what purpose? Obviously a nefarious one, otherwise it would have been done quite openly.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ColonelSF

Check out the automobiles that the Pakistani generals zip around in - BMWs, Audis and Mercs! And we're paying for it! That's obscene to say the least!
Yeah & they haven't even the decency to spend their bribe money on American cars! The ungrateful swine!
Personally, I find this part hilarious. If I was having to be paid off to keep my mouth shut about another country doing pretty much whatever it likes in mine, I'd want a Bently Continental!
edit on 11/10/10 by Bunken Drum because: Typo

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Vanished into thin air?
More like hidden underground perhaps.
Reasons? Well go figure.
D.U.M.B?

edit on 11-10-2010 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Vanished into thin air?
More like hidden underground perhaps.
Reasons? Well go figure.
D.U.M.B?
I wouldn't be surprised if, with the full knowledge & cooperation of NATO commanders & the connivance of the same Pakistani operatives who funnelled money & supplies to the Taliban back when we were calling them Mujahadeen, these supplies have gone to the Taliban again. The strategic reason for NATO forces to be in the area, to prevent a land route for China to aid Iran via (without triggering a global conflict), needs a political excuse. If there's no 'enemy', there's no excuse.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Hey, You're giving them undue credit!

No one makes a sucker out of us. We make suckers out of ourselfs.

Sucka.

It's a none-stop and on-going situation of American policies. May be China has the right idea of being a closed society. Their influence is not military. It's all market and now look at them.

I recall a comedy show in the mid 80s that had a skit of comedians invading El Salvador. When they landed, in Groucho masks and all,the leader mentioned that they weren't there to make American jokes. They were there to make El Salvadorian jokes funnier. I thought I would die laughing because it was a political statement and the people I wer with didn't get it at all. I can't seem to Google the show and find it.

I've got the answer to "How do you make 500 NATO vehicles disappear?" Very carefully.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Maybe related to this news:

"If an old vehicle is burnt, Nato gives them money for a new vehicle. In addition, they receive compensation for all the fuel lost as well."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The NATO contractors have been caught red handed planting bombs on their own vehicles to suck all the available Hard Working American Money.

Time to rise up against such corruption, and against US puppet leaders, it is now or never.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I thought the doles being handed out by the American tax payer to Pakistan amounting to billions of dollars a year wasn't enough compensation?

No, that is for Pakistan to stay silent while the US murders its civilians in drone attacks, thousands of innocent people slaughtered.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good post! Thanks for sharing with us, I'll recommend it to all my friends!

<<   2 >>

join