It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"HD" Dream

page: 1

join
share:
DSO

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hello,

First of all to mods: i placed this in Predictions section as i was not sure where to place it, please feel free to move it.

To everyone, First of all i have felt very reluctant to share this dream at first but have decided its for the better if i share it. This dream occured three months ago and is most vivid i have ever expereinced and one of only two i remeber in such detail.

So the dream:

It started with me driving my van in the very darkest of nights. No street lights or anything providing light. Even the stars very dark. The only source of lights was my headlights on my vehicle. I was scared and i admit i was driving too fast for the conditions (in my dream).

However the strange part is i knew where i was driving, it was along westerm shore Lake Zuerich in Switzerland.A place i have never driven, only been on by train. After what seems like a long time, i decide its unsafe to continue drive and pull over into a pit stop by the side of the road.

This pitstop looks across the lake and onto a hill. I see that the stars are out now in the night sky, which are very vivid. I then see the moon rise from behind the hill, only its pitch black like the "new moon" rising, It blocks out the stars behind it. once it gets to about 30 degrees above the hill it becomes bright, only its not the moon, it an earth like planet just as in the earth rise photo from NASA. This send me into a state of awe.

I then noticed some others observing the same event with me at the put stop. They come up to me and ask how long of a drive is it to Italy, in a very heavy accent that i did not quite recgonize (i am decenly good at picking out where accents are from). I respond about 3 hours which was my best estimate, being that i have never driven the route before. After they left I then looked at a map and try to find the best way back home is in the pitch blackness (in the dream, home was somewhere in Northern Switzerland/South Germany, not where i am living now) and that is the end of the dream.

The unusual thing about this dream other than what i have described above is that it was all in "HD". It is the most vivid and clear dream i have ever had and one of only two I have such a clear memory of (the other happend when i was two, PM me if you want to hear about this one, as i don't feel comfortable sharing this to many people). I just though it was important to share this with the forum. Let me know what you think.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yeah those HD dreams sure put away those SD dreams and man, ones at 15fps just suck..

You do realise dreams are as vivid as real life, since your brain interprets it that way?

No?

Ok then...

*eats an apple*

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ignore the guy in 2nd post.

I also had a HD dream and it was the 'crispest' clearest dream. It's hard to explain, but it is possible for things to be clearer than real life either that or normal dreams look dull. I've had 3 of them, all involving the sky.

Anyway in one of my one it was sort of like yours. I've made a thread on it here in fact.
I looked up to the sky and there was an object the size of the moon. I kept looking at it and realised it was getting bigger (getting closer to earth) and after about 10 seconds I heard a noise like an airplane taking off or very loud thunder, and the object/planet had taken up half the sky. Then it felt like there was no gravity and I was being pulled upwards and I woke up.

It was traumatising and I was crying in the dream when I realised what was happening.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DSO

To the OP and Post no 3.

Before the Fad of Hi Definition came to being and just before Hi Def TV was marketed what would you of called these dreams then?

DVD quality? Or VIVID?

These are how some dreams are. Its like when you are younger or drunk and you are in a deep lovely sleep. You dream you are at the toilet. So you go, only waking in the morning to realize you have peed your bed or half way through the pee to realize you are in bed and not in front of the toilet.

You could of sworn you were in front of the toilet in your bathroom.

Same thing. Means NOTHING.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Ignore the guy in 2nd post.

Yeah ignore the fact HD means something different.

Idiotic kids,,

Go back to your xbox..

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

HD dreams... So what resolution are your eyes running on at the moment?

High-definition television (or HDTV, or just HD) refers to video having resolution substantially higher than traditional television systems (standard-definition TV, or SDTV, or SD). HD has one or two million pixels per frame, roughly five times that of SD. Early HDTV broadcasting used analog techniques, but today HDTV is digitally broadcast using video compression.

I would of explained it as a vivid dream!

After googling it appears you had a Lucid Dream!

A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. The term was coined by the Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik van Eeden (1860–1932).[1] A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually concludes it is a dream, while a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state, with no apparent lapse in consciousness.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Somebody give this guy a medal, he had a weird dream, just for the record how old are you? is this the first so called HD dream you have ever had?
If i could give you advice i would say take a break from reading all the scary things on here, and bang Eastenders on for a week for to, then you will see how your dreams change, but on a bigger note, Tesco have 2 creates of Fosters for £14.00.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yes a lucid dream is much more detailed, easier to remember, more conscious...

AND THEY'RE AWESOME!!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSO
I then see the moon rise from behind the hill, only its pitch black like the "new moon" rising, It blocks out the stars behind it. once it gets to about 30 degrees above the hill it becomes bright, only its not the moon, it an earth like planet just as in the earth rise photo from NASA. This send me into a state of awe.

A new heaven and a new earth.
Sounds like something I read in an old book once.
Interesting that the dream also contains the phrase
'darkest before the dawn.' All in allegory of course.

David Grouchy

DSO

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
To those who dissagree with my choice of words, i was simply using a term that would describe the dream in way that was relevent. I did not mean literally HD television. Hence the quotation marks. By the way, High Definition does not have to refer to TV, it was used well before it became a fad in that industry and a marketing tool. Next time I post i will avoid the use of allegory for the folks on here who cannot appreciate it.

@ David, yes i guess it can be seen from that perspective, a new heaven and new earth. I have not tried to inteperate this dream personally.

@Nventual, good to know at least one person on here knows what i am talking about

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I wonder why people even respond to a post like this if they have nothing to contribute except to mock the OP. It seems pointless and mean. My goodness!

Anyway, to the OP and Nventual, I too have these vivid vivid dreams sometimes and I wonder if it means something too. I know the brain works in strange ways sometimes, but I do find it interesting that my most vivid dreams usually involve a few things almost without fail... Sex, the sky (and airplanes and spaceships), and water. Go figure. I don't have words of wisdom for you, but I do know what you are talking about with the HD quality of the dreams.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I'm surprised by the replies.

I didn't think the term "HD" would have created so much confusion..

It's weird that a recurring element on our "HD" dreams is the sky.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is it normal that my dream started with me eating a blu-ray disk?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I kid you not......Last night I dreamt in 3D.....I woke up with my wife constantly poking me in the eye....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My dreams are always very clear and vivid. I know exactly what you are talking about. That's kind of strange that this is your first one.

new topics

top topics

join