It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snapscouts turning your kids in to NWO pawns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
snapscouts.org...

Want to earn tons of cool badges and prizes while competing with you friends to see who can be the best American? Download the SnapScouts app for your Android phone (iPhone app coming soon) and get started patrolling your neighborhood.

It's up to you to keep America safe! If you see something suspicious, Snap it! If you see someone who doesn't belong, Snap it! Not sure if someone or something is suspicious? Snap it anyway!

Play with your friends and family to see who can get the best prizes. Join the SnapScouts today!

I had a friend send me the above URL and I wanted to share it on ATS.

"Colorful interface and sounds makes reporting a potential crime fun and easy!"

How messed up is this?
Kids reporting crime ... How the hell would they know?

It would make them targets and only will lead further towards the police state.

This software is geared towards kids not teens. Kids can't even testify in court, add to that most teens I know are fine products of the government education system. So they are not much better to know what is and is not legal.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, I see it more than one way.

On the one hand, it's not so bad in that as the collapse draws nearer, crime rates will rise.

On the other hand, the agenda for the U.S. to collapse was deliberately engineered by the international banking cabal and minions ... so I must say that I'm overall against this. I think it will not be used for an overall benefit to the community, rather as a means to gain more information on potential threats to the establishment.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

It will lead to the police being streched to the limit then the Military will have to assist due to the call volume.

It will be like 99% of the reports will be nothing, but it will further the police state.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It is neither good nor bad!

If anything it will keep kids aware of potential crimes! It will stop them from committing a crime in future especially if this app shows what happens to the criminals if they get caught!

Seems like a bit of harmless fun and a cool idea for a kids application!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Perhaps, but the way AI and tech is going, I think they may just filter the reports through a supercomputer before handing off the flagged reports to actual agents/officers.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by insubordinate
It is neither good nor bad!

If anything it will keep kids aware of potential crimes! It will stop them from committing a crime in future especially if this app shows what happens to the criminals if they get caught!

Seems like a bit of harmless fun and a cool idea for a kids application!

bhhaaaa

bhhahahahhahaahhh

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's a parody site---full of 1984 references. Here's a thread from another board talking about it. I will admit it had me fooled until I looked up the company and took time to research it.

www.schneier.com...
edit on 7-10-2010 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I do believe this is just a parody. It does contain references to 1984.

From the "About Us" section:

SnapScout and SnapScout Reports are produced and developed by MiniTru, LLC. Created in 2008 by George Parsons and Winston O'Brien

"MiniTru" is a reference to the Ministry of Truth.

Also, if you look at the list of characters in 1984, Winston Smith, O'Brien, and Parsons, with George being a reference to George Orwell.

Of course, you never know these days. With how eager the elite are to hide their crimes in plain sight, this could be a civilian spy program disguised as a parody disguised as a civilian spy program.
edit on 10/8/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join