It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Could anyone tell me why I'm seeing this message for a thread I was able to access this morning?

Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything about this.

[EDIT]Just went back to try again and the tread appears to be listed for moderators only and is now in "trash". I've never seen this before and wondered what it means?[/EDIT]

Thanks,
Grey Pilgrim

[edit on 25/6/04 by Grey_Pilgrim]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
it all depends on which forum you are trying to view. there are certain forums in which you have to purchase access through the ATS store, (under MemberCenter u2u, ATS store), or it could be a mod forum, or in the trash can

edit: it is in the trash bin, meaning the moderators felt that it was trash, and placed it there. not all threads get to stay on the site. pretty much, trash threads, get moved to the trash..........

[edit on 6/25/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
dunno if it was the same forum, but check out www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
koji_k,
i don't know why you posted that here it has nothing to do with what we are disscussing, i already looked at what you posted, and SkepticOverlord answered it very well.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i posted it because i thought it might have been the same thread. i got the same error message an hour ago. maybe it wasnt, but the explanation provided to me might be relevant to Grey_Pilgrim. i could understand if he/she didnt find my answer helpful- but someone here needs some coffee and a valium.

koji K.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
[EDIT]Just went back to try again and the tread appears to be listed for moderators only and is now in "trash". I've never seen this before and wondered what it means?[/EDIT]

koji_K,
your thread is not in the trash, so i don't see how it could have been the same thread...... and coffee and valium??

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
sorry.. i meant the thread i referred to *in* the thread i pasted (the one on chemical weapons). it was moved to the ATS site trash, and I got the exact same error message as Grey Pilgrim. I thought that maybe the answer I got from Skeptic Overlord might have applied to Grey Pilgrim (obviously I don't know this, since Grey Pilgrim didnt provide much info on the nature of the thread he was looking for). as for coffee and valium, it will perk you up and destress you all at once!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's not a forum that's been trashed, it was a the thread entitled: The origin of "Grays", details inside.

I didn't start it and haven't a clue why it has been trashed as the subject was Grey aliens. Strange.

Cheers,
Grey Pilgrim

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The thread has been moved to the trash bin and only mods have access to the trash bin. That's why your getting the message.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The thread was garbage so it got trashed. I read it yesterday. It amounted to a very long initial post of material cut and pasted from various websites without reference or acknowledgement. The material that was pasted likely belonged in collaborative fiction.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much.

EDIT: If I had to guess, the mods probably deleted the thread after they found the material which was plagiarized, but this is conjecture, nothing more.

Lukefj

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Usually when this haappend that means only Mods and staff can view it.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
The thread was garbage so it got trashed. I read it yesterday. It amounted to a very long initial post of material cut and pasted from various websites without reference or acknowledgement. The material that was pasted likely belonged in collaborative fiction.
Don't worry, you didn't miss much.
EDIT: If I had to guess, the mods probably deleted the thread after they found the material which was plagiarized, but this is conjecture, nothing more.
Lukefj

Thanks Lukefj. Yes, the thread was garbage so that's probably why.

Grey Pilgrim

top topics

join