It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Balloon boy gets the space flight experience without dad going to jail (very cool Video )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

With just a weather balloon, some polystyrene an iPhone and a video camera, Luke Geissbuhler and his seven-year-old son Max experience the blackness of space - and it didn't involve Max risking his life.

Or not, as it so eventuated in the case of the UFO-chasing Heene family which made headlines for all the wrong reasons this time a year ago.

This time it was all wholesome family goodness

i found this video and i think its super cool that this boy and his dad were able to reach space with and Iphone and a balloon and a few other things ,kinda makes you wonder how advanced we really are , i hope you all enjoy this video
www.liveleak.com...

Nephi

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is cool!

I was all ready to think this was a hoax but after a quick look around youtube it seems like it's fairly common to do it, theres loads of different clips of different people doing similar things

I really want to try it now.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If you want to have a go yourself Google Project Icarus it has a very affordable and relatively easy do it yourself method for taking some space pics!

space.1337arts.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just read about this and watched the footage. AMAZING. Anyone have any idea what the strange electrical rhythm is at 30,000 feet?

edit on 8-10-2010 by wigit because: spell

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for posting this. What a great experiment! They should do a second round, but this time put the equipment in a model rocket to be launched at 90K - 100K ft. That would be most kewl.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Just read about this and watched the footage. AMAZING. Anyone have any idea what the strange electrical rhythm is at 30,000 feet?

edit on 8-10-2010 by wigit because: spell

That is the sound of a cell phone pulsing. I hear it all the time on conference calls. Unless there was another sound there that I was unable to hear.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is a great series of experiments that people are conducting. Although, I can see that the governments of the world will soon enact some sort of draconian statutes to fool us into thinking we can't do it any more because "they say so".

It has been done several times before however...

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i love how he calls it the brooklyn space program,great video and great for kids to see how easy it is,if your motivated enough.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
ATS should hold an event where members from all our different locations would do this and report our findings. I am sure that with the variety of locations that ATS' members bring to this forum it would be an extremely interesting experience especially if a day was set - we would have a lot of footage from different places on Earth of what is up there.

new topics

top topics

join