It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indianapolis Bakery Refuses To Bake Gay Cupcakes

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If the gays have n agenda well the bakery owners REALLY have an agenda!

I mean who was pushing an agenda?

The gays wanted to purchase a product for a shin dig of theirs. When the owner said they did not make cupcakes the gays asked for cookies and they were refused, because of the bakery owners shoving their CHRISTIAN agenda down the customers throats!!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh, I have a strong concept of what discrimination is, and have experienced it plenty................
the gays made this an issue, it was a set up, the media helped them, and they get free advertising............
Brilliant plan, too bad it has to ruin someones family business.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Annee

Oh, I have a strong concept of what discrimination is, and have experienced it plenty................

the gays made this an issue, it was a set up, the media helped them, and they get free advertising............

Bull Pucky - - - there is Nothing that points to this being a setup.

PLEASE - - - enlighten me as to what discrimination experience you have had.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
I agree with adifferentbreed, this was most likely a set up, furthering an agenda. If not, then the colleges are pumping out the dumbest people ever, lol.
sl

Agenda? Please define that "Agenda". Would that Agenda be Equality?

I have been following this on Out Q from the beginning. The representative that originally tried to place the order - - - may have complained to some who would listen - - - - but it is not he who is pressing on with exposing this in mass media.

The "Agenda" has been taken up by those who heard what happened and are astounded that this can still happen in our current 2010 society.

I'm sorry (no I'm Not) - - - but prejudice and discrimination are not Dumb - - - - nor are those who did not let this be swept under the rug.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Um the shoving of the Xian agenda down an innocent customer's throat is what ruined this business if it gets ruined.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Did someone force the customer into the store?

You know that no one was forced.

I think you are just whining for the fun of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Could they not just have ordered rainbow cupcakes, or did they feel compelled to include they were "gay". This was a set up, the media helped and they got free advertising....brilliant plan. How about the AGENDA OF THE "SUPPOSED" WRONGED, WE'LL MAKE YOU ACCEPT US AND ABANDON YOUR VALUES IN THE NAME OF BEING PC.....what a load. Seems only if you bend to the will of the ones oppressed, are you normal. Wy should someone have to give up their values and accept theirs......................doesn't work, never has, never will.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

One I am not whining it is called debating my thread!

And two, of course the customer was not forced into anything, they called a place they thought provided a service, for a party, and got the old kiss off because of the nature of the shin dig!

That is whatI see to be an alarming Christian Agenda being pushed down the throat of an innocent customer. They wanted cupcakes not a religious sermon!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

The only thing the bakery reused to accept was the order. The customer called asking for cupcakes not converts to the cause.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.ontopmag.com...

“I explained we're a family-run business, we have two young, impressionable daughters and we thought maybe it was best not do that,” David Stockton, co-owner of the bakery, told a reporter.
Stockton then likened colorful cupcakes to something obscene.
“We have our values, and you know, some things … for instance, if someone wants a cookie with an obscenity, well, we're not going to sell that,” he said.

The above link was taken from one of hotbakedtaters posts.

1. We don't have the full story, we don't have many FACTS!
2. The City is looking into this.
3. Did the students want something obscene on the cupcakes? Then when they were told the business made cookies only, did the students want the same thing on the cookies that the Dad felt was "obscene"?
4. This is one foolish self-righteous JUDGMENTAL thread!
5. Just because a church "supports" the decision of the family, that doesn't mean the family wants their support.
6. It is not a fact the students changed their order from "cupcakes" to "cookies". It is HERE-SAY and not a quote from the above article.

www.examiner.com...

Seriously speaking, this author makes light of a incident which exists in the absurd. This is a tallied battle waged not for civil rights but for the sake of a war, and made by a group who never learned the lesson "Pick your Battles".

In the end, it seems that the real problems in this case are the study habits of the "diversity group", and the possibility that they may need to take additional classes at IUPUI; namely a refresher course in Reading Comprehension, beginning with an exercise called, "Just Cookies", with the follow-up question, "What does that mean to you?"

Since we don't have all the FACTS and the City hasn't replied yet. (As far as I know), then I will agree with the author of this article that says "... but for the sake of a war"!!!!!

If the Dad is worried about his girls witnessing two guys kissing or two girls kissing while in his shop, as per his "impressionable girls" statement, then I can understand where he is coming from. I can bet he is also uncomfortable with hetro's making out too.

The truth is we don't have the truth, so why the labels? The only reason this thread is continuing is bc everyone HAS to be right with their labels.

My advice for those on here who HAVE to turn this into a religious war, or a "they are bigots" war ... Get off your fat or lazy rump, take a deep breath and chill out.

sl

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

reply to post by Annee

Um the shoving of the Xian agenda down an innocent customer's throat is what ruined this business if it gets ruined.

The business isn't going to be ruined IF hotheads would chill out long enough to know what really happened, if the business gets ruined before the facts are in, we are sad society!
This thread is a GUILTY until proven INNOCENT thread.
sl

edit on 3-10-2010 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So the owner of the shop should put aside their morals and convictions, to have the gay agenda shoved down thier throat then? Seems the fact this even got this far is being gay was made an issue by the people trying to place the order, as well as the media jumping on it before the facts were known. Sorry, the gays in this case have no more rights than the store owner, to say otherwise proves special rights for gays only, as I've long stated is fact.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The bakery owners put aside their morals and convictions when they signed a lease with a clause against sexual preference discrimination, no doubt in pursuit of the greater amount of money likely to be made in a main stream venue. The bakery owners shoved their agenda down the throats of potential customers when, instead of declining the order, they chose to proselytize. The owners chose to further their Christian agenda.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

So foolish yet here you are posting away, if it is so foolish how do I know you are replying sincerely or follishly?

Yes th thread is about Judgement, something the Xians in the OP need to crack open their Bibles and read up about!

Regarding the hearsay, re the asking for cookies, I posted a link to the article and quoted it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a very simple way to stop yourself from making misrepresentations about what has been posted in thread by particular posters. In the mini profile, on the drop down menu, click posts in thred, and voila! You can actually check to see if the statements you attribute to certain posters are in fact true.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Uh huh....so to follow your logic, they have to abandon their views and morals, and the homosexuals don't? It's always so one sided isn't it.........anyone who disagrees automatically has to change, and yet the homosexulas never do? Again, this was a set up, it worked,, and will always work, after all no one wants a label applied to themselves, unless they want special rights?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The gay agenda was not being forced upon them. An order was ATTEMPTED to be place, a common occurance in business places, yes?

The agenda shoving came only from the Xian bakery owners, who refused to do business based upon their beliefs.

Which would be fine if they had not signed the lease with a city that enforces gay anti discrimination.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by 23refugee

Uh huh....so to follow your logic, they have to abandon their views and morals, and the homosexuals don't? It's always so one sided isn't it.........anyone who disagrees automatically has to change, and yet the homosexulas never do? Again, this was a set up, it worked,, and will always work, after all no one wants a label applied to themselves, unless they want special rights?
How are they forced to abandon their principals and morals??

They CHOSE to open a business in a town that has an anti gay discrimination ordinance, and not only that, chose a step further to sign a lease a legal binding document with the city market who forbids discrimination in their lease.

So if they REALLY had those morals (I doubt they have strong Xian faith anyway, why else would they even be signing a lease to do business with such sinners like gays in the first place?) they would never have been in city market to start with.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Actually the gay agenda is being forced in this, or it would not have been mentioned in the order. Again I'll ask, there are two sides to everything, why is the homosexual one the only one that is reconized?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So if I am getting married and just happen to emntion the cake is for a wedding, and then describe how I want it decorated and what to say, what agenda is being pushed there?

Most of the time when I order something, I give my name or my title, in this instance this artilce

www.ontopmag.com...

states the students called on behalf of the organization the represent. I imagine they began by stating hi this is John Doe with the University Group (name of group) and I am interested in ordering..., much like all normal transactions are entered.

That is not pushing an agenda that would fall under who to bill for providing the service.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Actually the gay agenda is being forced in this, or it would not have been mentioned in the order. Again I'll ask, there are two sides to everything, why is the homosexual one the only one that is reconized?
Maybe it is the only agenda YOU recognize.

The agnda that is screaming at ME in this instance is the Xian agenda and how they expect to be exempt from the rules, and treated special in this case.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join