It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if ghosts create cold spots, then how do they show up as a heat signature on infrared cameras?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
good point they should create cold images instead of heat

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverdemon71
good point they should create cold images instead of heat

...you seem to have missed every reply since the original post.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hey, not only that, but if ghosts sometimes drain camera or voice recorder batteries to gain energy to manifest themselves, then why turn out all the lights? In fact, you should put a big Van de Graff electrical generator in a haunted house to give them all the electrical power they need.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The ghost is not the cold spot....

The cold spot is the place where it pulled the ambient heat from the air leaving a temporary cold spot...

The ghost can then appear as heated using the energy it took.

There are quite a few documented footages of thermal camera footage showing anomalies that have no other explanation except to be some form that appears human..

There is actually a lot of proof for you non believers, but the test of you believing it relies on your intelligence and aptitude to understand the information available...or lack there of .

The easy thing is to just say its all rubbish..

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everyone in here seems to "know" that ghosts "pull in" heat energy. How does anybody know this? And to silverdemon: I think you are the only one who understands where I'm coming from. I think all of this nonsense of ghosts draining batteries is hollywood/tv crap meant to obacure and discredit actual research. Never before this ghost entertainment boom has this ever been brought up. Look at all the so called real videos and photos and meter readings and whatnot. So those people just lucked out and had their batteries untampered with by ghosts (or maybe their cameras were blessed by a priest or something haha). People should check out youtube channel hauntedhoax and specificly watch "witches catsle 1 &2" and the ghost hunters iq test.
edit on 8-10-2010 by BlueLightRain because: i wanted to.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I've never given any thought to it like that but I was making a point that when people say that ghosts are made of "energy" it makes no sense.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I don't know for sure whether they always pull heat and create a cold spot. There is a change in the atmosphere. When I saw our deceased pet, a german sheperd/lab, still guarding the house, I knew something was different about the air, it was charged, and as if there were circles, heavy particles in it, that you could see, when I woke up to use the washroom. It wasn't normal, and could feel the change, it made me panic, so something in me knew that this was paranormal and that I would see something, when I turned to look, I was pulled in that direction could feel the energy. It was like a blending of channels or a change in the energy field.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
They took all hot, and make their nearest area so cold. HAPPY ?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
T
edit on 27-6-2011 by rriku1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
As simple as that. That's my question. I just want people to take all this ghost hunting seriously. Its people that fabricate evidence and lie to the public for ratings and fame that slow down the scientific process. Paranormal researchers need to take it seriously as a science and not just emulate what they see on television. As far as I'm concerned, there has yet to be proof positive of the existance of ghosts.

I am a paranormal researcher. Every single paranormal investigator that I have ever met is a complete fraud or idiot. Nobody has been able to quantify what a ghost is. EVP's are garbage. How many radio, tv, cell phone, etcc signals bounce around the atmosphere? Radio waves aren't audible but they are electromagnetic radiation which means they can be picked up on a recorder. EMF detectors, lol. Light and sound are electromagnetic radiation. One would assume a spirit has an electromagnetic field but without knowing what the range is how do you know if you have a spirit? You don't.

We investigate in a controlled environment. All entrances and exits are continuously monitored. Only one person in the location at a time to avoid contamination. Static cameras observing as much as we can cover. Instruments monitoring in case we do capture something so we can one day understand if there is a method of identifying them short of an apparition, object movement or disembodied voices. A thermometer will not identify a spirit. Nobody has proven that a spirit would read hot or cold and in what range. As far as how they appear on a thermal camera... depends on the mass, density and composition... THere isn't a status quo. It's all hearsay.

Short of a personal encounter most people aren't going to accept it as fact if they already don't. But you are absolutely correct. 99% of the paranormal investigators I've worked with are no better than a circus sideshow act. And that includes TAPS, GHI, Ghost Adventures, Everyday Paranormal and especially Ryan Buell.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

I agree with you about the draining of batteries. Sure it looks good on TV but can anyone verify that it happens, or better yet that it has a paranormal explanation? I think certain electrical fields can cause this. For example if I leave my cell phone next to my laptop, the battery will be dead in one day. If I turn off the laptop, it can stay charged for up to 3 days but I'm not blaming ghosts for this (did take me a while to figure out though!). It doesn't happen with any of my other computers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join