It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cannibalism and your thoughts on it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
so. cannibalism; good? bad?

i was wondering where everyone stood and through what kinds of morals, and such.

myself? well, i don't mind cannibalism. i'm not very fond of murder, i think harm to any creature is a bad thing. but assuming the "meal" was willing, i don't think it's wrong. we're all living creatures, right? what's one more meat source? could solve world hunger

anyway, sound off. i'm looking forward to reading the responses.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One thought, above and beyond the taboo and societal implications of cannibalism is:

Kuru is believed to be caused by prions and is related to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.[3] It is best known for the epidemic that occurred in Papua New Guinea in the middle of the twentieth century, and earlier.[4] Although it is considered a transmissible prion disease, there is some evidence that the origin of the outbreak was due to consumption of an individual (cannibalism) with sporadic CJD, thus implying a common pathophysiology.[1]

Source

Then again, I have the luxury of not having to entertain the concept of cannibalism in terms of life and death. Ask me again if we're ever trapped together on top of a glacier or something for several weeks!

edit on 9/24/10 by Hefficide because: Typo

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You know the reason why there are so many Chinese is because it never caught on there. You eat one and your hungry an hour later.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

oh wow, that's very interesting! makes you think. and yeah, it's kind of hard to think about certain things when you're not in that situation

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by modified

Well.. There are a lot of variables.. Morally I think its fine. The problem lies with butchering and preparation

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That Kuru disease is bad, and all the other stuff people have poisoned their bodies with, well, we're just plain toxic. If starving enough, I will go for the birds, bugs, and dandelions, but I don't think human would ever be possible for me.

top topics

join