It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Muslim women complaining in Oz, a country which probably saved their lives. Not a Muslim country.

People who cut off women's ears and nose = again Muslim. Not Oz.

People who think Mohammed was a leader - he was a prophet - again Muslims. Not Oz.

So all I have to say to you complaining Muslem women is - be grateful and stop complaining!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Explanation: OL is Australian and yet neither female or muslim... but I digress...

Why should any Australian [regardless of whatever other xyandorz demographic] be gratefull for racist laws?

Commonwealth Of Australia Constitution Act [aph.gov.au]

Chapter I. The Parliament.
Part V - Powers of the Parliament
51.The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to: -
[Edited by OL to redact unrequired text]
(xxvi.) The people of any race, for whom it is deemed necessary to make special laws:

Personal Disclosure: Just because Australia is a darn sight better than, why hell!, the rest of the entire freaking world... that does not mean that they should
at all! Don't make me show you Oz's dark and dirty underbelly OK! You seriously will not like it! Democracy! Do you live in it?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Why should any Australian [regardless of whatever other xyandorz demographic] be gratefull for racist laws?

I'm Aussie too but I digress

What racist laws do we have???

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Explanation: They aren't current but are so recent that I am highly surprised that you require me to bring them to present mind for you... Here you go!

Northern Territory National Emergency Response (AKA The Intervention) [wiki]

The Northern Territory National Emergency Response (also referred to as "the intervention") was a package of changes to welfare provision, law enforcement, land tenure and other measures, introduced by the Australian federal government under John Howard in 2007, nominally to address claims of rampant child sexual abuse and neglect in Northern Territory Aboriginal communities. Operation Outreach, the intervention's main logistical operation conducted by a force of 600 soldiers and detachments from the ADF (including NORFORCE) concluded on 21 October 2008.

And that the constitution has it INGRAINED in it, means regardless of any current legislation... Australia by default of it's underpinning legal framework IS racist!

Personal Disclosure: I thought the White Australia Policy [wiki] was done and dusted... buried forever in the past... seems we have a zombie on our hands yes!

P.S. BTW Australians are all Blue... True Blue! And there is ONLY 1 Race and it's Human!

edit on 22-9-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited a spelling fail!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Personally I think outback Aboriginal communities need some intervention..
I have seen them myself...

But your point seemed more centered on imigrants, Muslims in particular...
What racist laws do we have in regard to imigrants please?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Explanation: Nope! I was quite equal opportunity and I never mentioned immigrants at all [you might have me confused with my post to another similar thread! ], but to help you out... Here you go!...

Helpline thrown to Indian students (by Jewel Topsfield) [theage.com.au]

And the growing number of attacks on Indian students have made headlines in India, with the Hindustan Times reporting students were "scared" and the Economic Times of India warning the Australian Government's $3.5 million campaign to attract Indian students to combat the recession could remain a "non-starter" if the issue of racial attacks was not addressed.

So it's not a $3.5 million campaign to attract students [whatever xyandorz demographic] but is specifically for Indian students!
Is that racist?

Personal Disclosure: I'm not a legal or constitutional expert and my resources are google and any god given talents to research OK!

top topics

join