It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan: “I am a 9/11 truther”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
September 13, 2010

Peace activist Cindy Sheehan has given support to the cause of 9/11 truth many times over the past few years but on the eve of the ninth anniversary, she made her position clearer than ever before. To an enthusiastic packed house at All Souls Church in New York City, Sheehan declared “I am a 9/11 truther. I do think it was an inside job.”

911truthnews.com...

When the topic turned to 9/11, Sheehan stated “I am a 9/11 truther.” She had to pause while the appreciative crowd cheered loudly and then said, “I do think it was an inside job. We just don’t know – I don’t know – how far inside it went. But, you know, I’m sure Dick Cheney had something to do with it.”

While not making it her main issue, Sheehan has spoken freely regarding her opinions on 9/11 truth over the past few years. She has offered her support to the 9/11 truth movement in various interviews and participated in conferences. Sheehan also serves as an adviser to the recently launched 9/11 Truth News (911truthnews.com).

I think it helps when people with visibility join the 9/11 Truth Movement, and I don't think that many will argue that Cindy Sheehan has become quite well known with all of the publicity she has gotten over her protesting the wars.

Hopefully it will encourage more people to start investigating 9/11 for themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I think it helps when people with visibility join the 9/11 Truth Movement, ...

She's mentally unbalanced.. She isn't the kind of person who you want as a spokesperson. She's got the wrong kind of publicity for a movement that wants to be taken seriously.

'all publicity is good publicity' is NOT the way to go. And that's all she'll bring to the table.
She wouldn't be a plus.

She isn't just a grieving mother/peace activist. She's got serious mental health issues which include attention gathering. It's not her fault I'm sure. But she does need mental health help. Those mentally stable 'friends' around her aren't getting it for her. They are using her. That's another tragedy.

People with good visibility and who are credible (and not having obvious severe mental health issues) would be the kind of spokespeople you'd want. People in positions to know what happened. REAL investigative reporters who know how to dig and get the facts. Photographers with pictures. Scientists. Researchers. Engineers with experience at places like NASA or in the military. If you want big names, then they should be CFOs or VPs of corporations involved with the military complex or in industry. Congressmen or Congresswomen. Senators. etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that more people become aware of these issues and start to demand some action but in reality, Cindy Sheehan had in many ways already been made out to be some what of a "crack pot" by the msm. Their coverage of her standing outside Prairie Chapel Ranch in 2005 made her out to be crazy and though some were sympathetic to her cause I believe the average American sees her in the same way they seen anti-war activist during the Vietnam era. I would like to think that this would bring more people into the movement but I think in many ways it will just push some further away. People like to fit in and they don't like to be chastised for their views and beliefs, hence the reason it is so easy to spoon fed all the lies via msm. However, I could be, and hope I am wrong about this. I guess we will see.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hmm, well I wonder just how crazy YOU'd get if YOUR son was killed and sacrificed for a pack of lies. Blood in vain, and you have no other recourse than to protest!

The article does say that it's not her main issue, but just a side issue. Which is fine by me- I never said I wanted her as a spokesperson for the movement. But just her saying that alone probably got more than a few people to go do their own research.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Agreed...I was just discussing that fact with my girlfriend and we both said that really the only thing we know about her is what they have told us and really no one knows if she is "crazy" or not. I'm sure that losing a child in such a terrible and vain way would make one go off the deep end in many ways.

I also agree that it is possible that the publicity, whether good or bad, may make a few people research things a little further but the fact is we need more than "a few" people to gain ground in this battle. They (TPTB, the MSM, those who believe the offical story wholeheartedly) will always make us out to be "crazy crack pots" and until we have number and a majority of Americans wake up and start to care it won't matter much. All it does in the real world is add a few more people to the list of "crack pots".

I am sure I am right there with you, hopeful that one day the truth will come out but the fact is people are lazy and honestly just don't care enough to spend their time researching such things. It is a sad but true fact. Maybe that is the real downfall of this country. It is the reason our government has been allowed to run over us in so many ways. Until people get off their back sides and take action and demand a fix nothing is going to change. It is disheartening and makes me bitter towards our society in a lot of ways but I have come to accept the facts. I just don't know how we change it when most only want to play with their toys and stay hypnotized by that box in the corner of their rooms.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Speaking truth to power rarely makes one popular. In the past this act could get you killed. In the 20th century the state also used another option. His henchmen simply label the accuser “rabble-rouser, unpatriotic or insane”. In Soviet Russia dissidents often were locked up in mental asylums, but in the western world it is usually enough to destroy the reputation.

The MSM can vilify and uglify even the most well-spoken and conscientious person. A few distorted clips and pundits are usually enough to do so. Pundits, who were wrong in every aspect of the wars, but whose expert-opinions somehow still carry weight, because they wear black suits and appear on television. Listen to her own words, before you form your opinion on her mental stability. I don't think, that it is an insane act for a mother to seek accountability for the death of her son. I admire her determination and courage.

I think it was about time for Cindy to cross another line and declare herself a truther.

Here radio shows
noliesradio.org...
Her website
www.cindysheehanssoapbox.com...

“Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right.”

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

thinkexist.com...

edit on 18-9-2010 by Drunkenshrew because: grammar and typos

edit on 18-9-2010 by Drunkenshrew because: fixed links

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hmm, well I wonder just how crazy YOU'd get if YOUR son was killed and sacrificed for a pack of lies. Blood in vain, and you have no other recourse than to protest!

Protesting is one thing. It's understandable. But she went off the deep end long ago.
Her new friends (fellow crack pots) are using her instead of getting her help like real friends would.
It's very sad.

She's part of the Code Pink bunch of loons.

She was whining on her blog that she was broke and wouldn't pay her bills because America is evil. No mention of getting a real job to support herself instead of globe trotting around the world to get her mug on TV .. the needless boat ride to the Gaza ...hey, wasn't she in Hawaii with Jesse Jackson JR? Heck .. she floats around the world and doesn't bother putting a grave stone on her sons grave and she doesn't bother paying her bills and doesn't bother getting a real job. Her bizzare behavior ended her marriage.

Like I said ... OTHER spokespersons ... not her.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

She isn't just a grieving mother/peace activist. She's got serious mental health issues which include attention gathering. It's not her fault I'm sure. But she does need mental health help.

I'm really interested in knowing the facts behind what you say. What proof do you have that she is mentally unstable?

I've heard her speak in person and she was very eloquent. It never once crossed my mind that she was insane. Being outspoken about a cause doesn't make someone crazy. If that were the case then it would be safe to say that everyone on ATS is nuts.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Cobra5000 because: trying to get the quotes to work right

top topics

join