It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's above lake Ontario!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Whilst there are no shots of buildings in the same frame as the object to determine if the object did indeed shoot off or it was a shaky hand that shifted the focus of the object, I for one believe the OP when he says he is being sincere, I believe the OP saw something that he believed was indeed a UFO. I am disappointed that there isn't more footage as the eagerness of the OP shows that he is ready and waiting, therefore, if it does return I am sure he will be on the case. I believe we will all be seeing lots of amazing things in the sky shortly.

OP - Keep watching the skies and keep a stiff upper lip when taking criticism from frustrated members. Looking forward to your next video.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Whilst there are no shots of buildings in the same frame as the object to determine if the object did indeed shoot off or it was a shaky hand that shifted the focus of the object, I for one believe the OP when he says he is being sincere...

The OP may be sincere -- it is possible that the OP was watching the object through the viewfinder, so every shake and bump of the camera looked (to him -- looking through the viewfinder) like the object was moving when it really wasn't.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
could well be somthing odd the op seems genuine enough but it would be great if he could video venus just as a comparison to rule that out

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Couldnt find that tripod ?nor rest your elbowson the window ledge or railing ??

Looks like a star bra

As long as you completely zoom out you will get wobble with or w/o a tripod.
geez
otherwise, good shot!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed
Sorry guy, my friends and I were watching the sky all night. What you filmed is Jupiter, not a UFO. We were talking about it all night. I even laughed and told my friends that some fools would film it and claim it's a UFO.

..and when you claimed the object left the view at 5:11 in the video... well that was a flat out LIE. I studied your video and can see the background move, not the object. That means your camera moved.

If you want to hide your lack of knowledge of the planets and stars by lying about it moving, you should probably not do it on ATS because then you will be called a HOAXER.

17 pages and some of you are still hurling insults at the OP. I just don't get it.

There are no laws of physics, science or nature (that I'm aware of) stating, UFOs are not allowed to share the sky while a neighboring planet orbits nearby! That sounds like caveman logic.

Yes, it is a good argument to assume it was a case of mistaken identity but OP seems to have a level head on his shoulders and appears to be older than 5 years old!

So let's give him the benefit of doubt that................on this particular day......while magnificent Jupiter was illuminating its splendor.............a UFO was also out there........... stealing the spotlight from this majestic planet that morning!

Maybe the occupants of said-UFO did this purposefully. Maybe, they (alien or us) did this so people would challenge or doubt any witness testimony!
Stranger things have been known to happen.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
omg uk time 1 am just popped outside there it is nibiru!!! sorry i mean venus
honestly i still think the guy sayw somthing that spooked him but here in the uk that planet does look big in the sky like i said before all we need is is a video comparison i know he says he knows about astronomy so just film venus please?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

My father was just walking our dog along Lake Ontario in Oakville, when he saw the weirdest lights in the sky. He ran home and made me walk back down to the lake with him. We saw several fast flashing lights, sometimes flying very fast, sometimes just hovering as well as one very bright light not moving but the occasional red flash coming off of it as well as much more airplane activity then is common for this time of evening. Personally I have never really believed or not believed in UFOs but this did freak me out somewhat. There were at least 5 or 6 people down there watching this. To top it off what has really made me question what I'm seeing is the fact that early last evening, around 7 pm, driving eastbound along the QEW my daughter and I both saw a group of 4 very bright lights in the sky (it was still daylight) with short white lines in the vicinity, these line were definitely not from an airplane. They had a very distinct heavy with pattern but were very short. We joked about them being UFOs at the time but quickly forgot about it. We did not tell this to anyone. Once I witnessed these lights just now, I remembered yesterdays strange sighting in the sky. Did anyone else see anything like this?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i just saw a similar activity. i live in brookly new york.walk my dog every night in the local park,right by the bay .i know all the area ,and across the water by staten island .tonight was very strange. i saw 4 very bright lights in a geometric line over the island. i have never seen anything like this,and i think it's impossible to think that they were airplanes right next to each other.? they did not move,just hover over the water got redish whiteish lights blinkin here n there fast. a few minutes later the one on the fare right side started to grow into this huge (from where i was) very bright light ball .my jaw probably dropped by then.and all the sudden it was all gone. meanwhile there was other activity in the sky tought,it's nyc there were choppers and planes ,but none of them close to these UfO's i took some pictures with my LG phone but come out useless. time to get a good camera.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I watched your vid and being somewhat unsteady I had a feeling that bashers and naysayers were going to be all over this one, BUT I saw that same thing about an hour before dusk. I am about an hour south of Toronto, although I watched it for a few minutes it didn't move. To clear up a few points - it was much bigger than Jupitor and Venus and was in the southern sky. As far as what it was I was not able to identify it since I've never seen anything like it. Thinking back I should have taken a pic but I don't have a very good quality camera.
To reiterate - this was not Jupitor OR ANY OTHER planet as it was too big

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
sorry if i posted this on the wrong topic,
but it will be about ufo s
and couldn fint the rant section lol

so hi guys thanks for listening

dont know where to start so letssatrt from the beginning

i was born in holland,almost in africa,but my granpa was dying so wee flew back to holland,and then i was born
then my grandpa died,i inherreted his name then we flew back to sudan,africa

my first memorie was like 7 to eight years later

so lets get to the ats stuff.

my first exp with the paranormal was when i was in the kindergarden.
ai remember a girl asking me for a kiss and i wanted to say yes but my mouth said no,wtf??!!
later in that same classroom i experienced somthing,.. time stood still,and also i exp somthing like sleep paralassis
i only knew it was s p after 10 years or more,after researching it

when i was 11 or 12,i experienced some unpeasent things
it ghot me into cannabis,which is legal in the countrie i live

when i was 14 i feld like aliens were beaming thought into my head and communicating with me
they are very intelligent aND JUST TRYING TO EDUCATE US TO A HIGHER FORM OF LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING
THEY WANTED ME TO EXPLAIN AND WARN FOR THE EVIL SOME MEN TEND TO DO

i researched this and alot of people exp this.
my mom told me 10 weeks ago she knows thya are here and been helping her

there are many stories like this,like aliens planting a seed and checking up on it

so to my first ufo sighting..

which happened about fi`ve years ago,im now 26
i saw weird light in the sky
they seemed to move in formations slowly
my friend also saw it and joked about them beeing alien
it seemed like stars moving in triangular formation clearly corresponding with each other,cuase for example if one move the other would to making pattersn
never thought to much off it afterwards

i suspected my friend to be alien before since hes like foreign ,like a mexian would be in america,but more succesfukll andrich then most of my dutch friends
he also hinted to me he was maybe alien or working for the nwo
my guess at least

lately ive been experiencing some odd things
like the clock i always look at it when its 1111 or2222
or other numbers like it

the last couple of weaks ive had like 6 or serven sightings of the same ufo s
getting weirder and weirder

im tired thiss will be it for nhow will edit soon for spelling aND TO U KNOW

untill lately ive been seeing the same kind of thing,first with my mom,
and that was like six weaks ago,and after that ive seen these things like seven times!!
its kinda freaky and

a giant ship

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Okay. I waited for you to insert the video. I watched it. Now I do believe that our world is definitely being visited and indeed co-inhabited by alien beings from across the Milkyway Galaxy. However your video is not such a thing. Your video is simply not sufficient proof of any such a thing. So what is your video showing us ? JUPITER. Yes your one of the thousands if not actually millions who are reporting the extremely bright star presently visible in the night sky. It is the planet JUPITER making its fly by. It is currently at its nearest to Earth and will not be coming so near to Earth again until 2022. JUPITER is the largest planet in our Sol star system. SOL being the name of our sun. Thus the words "Solar System".

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryk42
I watched your vid and being somewhat unsteady I had a feeling that bashers and naysayers were going to be all over this one, BUT I saw that same thing about an hour before dusk. I am about an hour south of Toronto, although I watched it for a few minutes it didn't move. To clear up a few points - it was much bigger than Jupitor and Venus and was in the southern sky. As far as what it was I was not able to identify it since I've never seen anything like it. Thinking back I should have taken a pic but I don't have a very good quality camera.
To reiterate - this was not Jupitor OR ANY OTHER planet as it was too big

An hour before dusk in Toronto, Sirius (which is the brightest star in the sky) could be seen in the southeast sky. Jupiter was visible in the southwestern sky

Coincidentally (or perhaps not) TODAY marks the closest approach of Jupiter to the Earth since 1963, and it won't be closer again until 2022. So, if you haven't seen Jupiter in a while, you may be surprised how bright it is. Jupiter is -- right now -- the brightest that it has been in about a decade.

edit on 9/21/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Chad, looks like it's over lake Ontario. Time here is 5:37am. It's big, seems like a scout ship of sort. When I can figure out how to upload here, You'll see... I'm still watching it now!

you said what the hell is it, so how in the name of the wee mad do you know its a scout ship ?

Second line

Wee Mad

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

sorry Soylent it wasn't a star or a planet as I mentioned in my previous post as it was too big

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
There are no laws of physics, science or nature (that I'm aware of) stating, UFOs are not allowed to share the sky while a neighboring planet orbits nearby! That sounds like caveman logic.

And WHO said there were???? DON'T put words in other's mouths. And you don't think 'caveman logic' is insulting? Given you based that insult on an erroneous statement, I think a little mirror check is warranted.

Yes, indeed a UFO could be right next to a bright star or planet - indeed, an amateur astronomer would USE that information in their description. And... if a UFO was next to a bright planet, what would you see? One thing... or... TWO?

So let's give him the benefit of doubt that................on this particular day......while magnificent Jupiter was illuminating its splendor.............a UFO was also out there........... stealing the spotlight from this majestic planet that morning!

Yes, let's, and like you, completely ignore the tiny problem that only one object is shown.

Maybe the occupants of said-UFO did this purposefully. Maybe, they (alien or us) did this so people would challenge or doubt any witness testimony!

Yeah!!! the thing was right in front of Jupiter... But ... according to the OP it moved (and in the video the moving object has FAA-approved strobes on it..) and yet Jupiter didn't appear from behind it.

And anyone ten miles away would, of course, have seen both objects due to parallax.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryk42
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

sorry Soylent it wasn't a star or a planet as I mentioned in my previous post as it was too big

Yes, it was that fat lady that Harry Potter inflated.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
An hour before dusk in Toronto, Sirius (which is the brightest star in the sky) could be seen in the southeast sky. Jupiter was visible in the southwestern sky

Coincidentally (or perhaps not) TODAY marks the closest approach of Jupiter to the Earth since 1963, and it won't be closer again until 2022. So, if you haven't seen Jupiter in a while, you may be surprised how bright it is. Jupiter is -- right now -- the brightest that it has been in about a decade.

Correction -- I meant an hour before dawn -- NOT dusk.

One hour before Dusk, however, Venus (the 3rd brightest object in the sky, after the Sun and the Moon) is in the southwestern sky.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Don't take my tongue-n-cheek statement so seriously! Chill out.

I for one will believe the person who saw the event (somewhat confident he's not a hoaxer) way before I'd believe people WATCHING a video who are only conjecturing.

Just because it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck doesn't ALWAYS necessarily mean it is a duck.
Just think about the rapist who spends 25 years in prison BECAUSE everything LOOKED like he was the bad guy. But 25 years later, DNA exonerates him.

So there are exceptions to the rules.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow that thing moved rapidly out of the cameras view..This stuff is crazy..

edit on 21-9-2010 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Wow that thing moved rapidly out of the cameras view..This stuff is crazy..

Jobeycool.....

If you review the material herein, you will see there is very strong indication the apparent movement was caused by movement of the camera.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join