It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time slipped back, Has this happened to you??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A strange thing happened to me yesterday.
I got up late for work, and was running about in abit of a hurry and when I jumped into my car and turned it on I remember looking at my dash clock and thinking oh hell I'm later than I thought (it was 7.02 AM)
I know it was this time because the radio was on and they we're about to do their 7 o'clock cash call (which they do at 7.05AM) and I was thinking dam I'm going to be stuck in a lot to traffic as well. Anyway I headed off, and after about 10 minutes driving I was right into the traffic and got to the first bad intersection and thinking hell I am sooo late for work when the 7 o'clock news came on!
Somewhere between the time I got into the car to leave for work and the 10 - 15 minutes of driving I lost about a quarter of an hour, and yet I can't see how as I remember driving all the time, but still I was really shocked.
I know, the first thought is I got the time wrong, but I'm dam sure that what I remember as the time when I got into the car is right, even down to the radio guy saying it's time for the cash call.
would really like to hear if anyone has any idea what has happened

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

Something very similar to this happens to me.....and it happens every night!

Each night, for about six to eight hours, I lose time. I'm just lying there and look at the clock, then I look over again a while later and eight or so hours has passed. What's wrong with me?!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

yeah good on ya!
but seriously tho this kinda freaked me out. And I'm not thinking aliens or anything like that, just wanted to actually hear form someone who might have experienced something similar...without the bar room pisstaking!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Oh damn! You so corny!

In all seriousness, I notice time slip by but only because I don't wear a watch and I haven't for years.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This actually happened to me yesterday as well. I was at work and one of my co-workers said it was almost 1:00pm and business was slow. I looked at my phone and it was something like 15 mins. till 1:00pm.
I get off from work at 2:00pm so I was happy to see that. Then about 30 minutes later, I go to a computer screen to check the time, and it was only 12:30ish.

I was actually kind freaked out by it. I looked at my phone, and sure enough, it was only around 12:30. I was just left stunned. I thought it might have been some kind of error in the computer/phone systems.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Ha...I'm not, um...what is it? Taking a piss on you. Just playing around....

But yeah, I've done that before too....not quite to that extent, but it's happened. Times when I could swear up and down I've lost an hour.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by joshysway

thats what I'm talking about, WTH happened? And yet you tell yourself that you've just misread the time but inside your dam sure you haven't, so if it really did happen, where's the missing minutes?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

so whats your corny, ahh I mean story.
sorry bad joke myself!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Yup. I literally started thinking that maybe all electronic devices went back in time due to a glitch, and that I was going to go home to watch "Breaking News" that this had happened. Cause I more than 100% sure the time passed, but somehow, the clocks didn't agree.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by k0mbination

so whats your corny, ahh I mean story.
sorry bad joke myself!

Ohhh snap, son. See it happens to us all....

I remember a few times I'll be driving, look at the clock, be jamming out to a song, look back at the clock and a whole stinking hour has magically passed. I mean, I know that some of Zeppelin's songs can get pretty long, but not THAT long, ya know?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by joshysway

So are you sleeping ok or has anything happened in your life recently? I'm just asking as I am just trying to see if there's any link to anyone's story's here

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Do you smoke ground corn kernels to get that effect?

I'd rather hear Black Sabbath go on and on and on and on.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

you sure you weren't just listening to a live album?
but doesn't it make you wonder? I don't know about you but I believe i've got a pretty good internal clock, and it makes me wonder a lot when things like this happens,

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Do you smoke ground corn kernels to get that effect?

I'd rather hear Black Sabbath go on and on and on and on.

Nope, just copious amounts of a combination of two parts hashish, one part sally d, three parts glint, and two parts mayonnaise.

I wouldn't suggest doing this while driving. Unless you have your seat belt on. Safety first!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by k0mbination

you sure you weren't just listening to a live album?
but doesn't it make you wonder? I don't know about you but I believe i've got a pretty good internal clock, and it makes me wonder a lot when things like this happens,

Nope, not a live album.

It certainly does make me wonder. A lot of things make me wonder...like...bread.

Maybe it's like a shift in time....maybe it actually does disappear. Maybe the space time continuum gets all tuckered out and needs a break.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
it used to happen to me alot when I went to work or on the way home. it would usually take about a half an hour..
but, well, once in awhile I got a late start, and still ended up there on time....wasn't driving faster cause wasn't really that concerned. used to joke with my friend about there being a time warp between my home and work. well, she found out what I meant one day when she had an appointment in syracuse, ny. we managed to overshoot the offramp and ended up on the reservation, turning around, just knowing we were gonna be late... but well, ended up being early..
then well, on the way home, we managed to somehow ended up past mexico, on the way home, we noted a bridge that neither of us remember crossing before. and well, go home in about the same amount of time that it would have taken if we had taken the proper route home.
it's interesting to note, that the town we ended up in, well, a crop circle was found shortly after that.
used to see school buses from MONTAUK in an out of the way area on the way home from work some also, although I was in upstate NY.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'll conjure up a conspiracy.

Its the time shift in place, did any of you notice that you clock is working right, but the "other people" a bit shifted ?
In OP post, he mention the radio airing up a show yet some how he managed to get just in time even though spent some time driving. Thats the radio/mass media manipulating the time.

Slowly the mass media changing our time, "correcting" our time/clock to "theirs". Imagine how many people bought into this, then "correcting" their watch and propagate to "inform" other of the new "correct" time.

Earth has slow down its orbital speed so the time have to be adjusted, but this must be done without alerting anyone. Remember! polar shift is gradual, expect some more "extra" time coming your way. Dont adjust your watch, ever!

Corny on the other hand is on different dimension, he lose time instead of gaining.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

that sounds almost scary. You can joke about it but how does this happen? How can perfectly normal (I'll include you to corny!) people manage to lose time bites here and there and yet the time stream still seems to move in one continuous line? Are we doing it ourself's?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

care to elaborate on this a bit more indepth and slower, with more description?
it seems you have done a bit of your own study on the topic and have developed a theory?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

tell me more, I haven't even thought of the earth slowing down. But why would that need be a secret?
what else have you thought up? I'm interested

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join