It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Far Would You Go For Spiritual Enlightenment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
While I was reading the responses here, I was enjoying some mixed nuts but separating out the cashews from the rest.

The cashew nut when raw contains these urushiols and handling them can cause severe rashes and eating them can be fatal. They must be prepared by steaming them to degrade those noxious substances into something harmless.

The cashew pseudofruit is sweet and perfectly edible. Those in proximity to the trees may partake of the sweet fruits and discard the nuts that are attached below the fruits. However, this easily obtainable delight perishes quickly, too quickly to transport it to remote locations and make it available to all.

The nut on the other hand, with proper preparation, is safe to eat and can be effectively stored and transported with little degradation. Nearly everyone may enjoy its nutritious wholesomeness wherever they may be.

That's a rough first draft of my Parable of the Cashew. It needs some refinement before it is included in my upcoming production, What the BLEEP Are We Doing Here? which is a mind-numbing, stoic, anticlimactic, 3-part series about our personal voyage through this reality, our purpose and place in it and eventually moving beyond its absurd banality by rejecting it as nonsense.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

We know the melting process, it's not going to happen.
Wanna melt go ahead. I prefere to frease and enjoy it once again in another life.
The difference between me and you is that I keep my self, while you become part of the collective. Assimilated.
And as ironical as it may seem god is on my side because the higher power is a huge talking cristal.
Purity, the divine. God is like a snow man that never melts, thank god, santa the nicolant is far away from the control panel of the universe. I hate the sect of the nicolants. God created the monkey and the nicolant came and twiked it.

Abusive power and tricks my friend, I am not your brother but we may be friends.

edit on 17-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Considering I do not believe "enlightenment" is desirable or even preferable? Not very far. The term means nothing to me. Just a reworked version of the idea known as "Grace" that the puritians believed in. A seriously doubt anyone who has truly achieved "enlightenment" if it was possible would go about bragging about it and using it to brow beat other like a great many of those I have seen make the claim.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by TV_Nation

Considering I do not believe "enlightenment" is desirable or even preferable? Not very far. The term means nothing to me. Just a reworked version of the idea known as "Grace" that the puritians believed in. A seriously doubt anyone who has truly achieved "enlightenment" if it was possible would go about bragging about it and using it to brow beat other like a great many of those I have seen make the claim.

Yes you lose your modesty, it's sad. You become this all known villan, it's only good to a point then it's a curse, you fall from grace. I like being the little guy, it's special. In your modesty you better your self, you have alot of mercy to give, help people, and you even do it without expecting anything at all in return. Enlightment comes at a cost, you become an ass, you don't care, it's ugly. Thank god I put a stop to it before it was too late.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Hm. I said that such hubris was always the case? I guess I'd better proof read my statements again. Seems to me that hubris would not be conductive to that concept known as "enlightenment".

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

The difference between me and you is that I keep my self, while you become part of the collective. Assimilated.

(Most relevant to the rest of the post, I believe.)

Judging from another post in another thread you come across as quite the Merovingian.

If the individualistic microorganisms had not evolved in order to give up some individuality and join a collective, we could not have been thus would not be here now, the result of a synergistic unity of purpose and cooperation. To this day, we, if you could reasonably say "we", would still be scum in a pond somewhere.

All that is only half the story-- the freezing, the melting, a great cycle of advance and recession. Don't miss the 3rd state: the vapor.

I had a hell of a story I wrote as a child about being a snowflake. I didn't actually understand the wisdom in it until I read it recently. It sort of blew my mind. Perchance I will post it in the Short Stories forum.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

If the individualistic microorganisms had not evolved in order to give up some individuality and join a collective,

Go argue with god not with me, he is somewhere in the universe, go find him and talk to him.
It seems it's creation wants just that, the small individual closed down inside to think and do what it pleases.
It's special, it's free, it has a mind of it's own, it's not connected to anything except to the source that gives it dreams.

I'm all for evolution of man kind but not like this, this is a broken ship built on sufering and blood bath and now they sell me this crap with peace love and light ? I don;'t need bliss, I have my self, the small me and if I want to join any club it's my decision and mine alone.

Let the enterprise colapse and see if I care

edit on 18-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It makes you wonder what made them come to the conclution to do these riturals. Who was giving them their bedtime story? What were they being told?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
It makes you wonder what made them come to the conclution to do these riturals. Who was giving them their bedtime story? What were they being told?

They get influenced, as you see the guy is dressed in red, and like red the scheleton is burned.
It's a joke for them, they moch what is created, they went all the way to the other side for haps feeding the sun, I do not know. One thing I know once you go in it's strong, it's like a pull on you, you go along with it because your mind gets redone, you see it fine. You are hollow, don't feel, like a robot you get instructed to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join