It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to try banning smoking in parks and at beaches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Funny how the "government", specifically the EPA declared the air safe to breath after 9/11 yet now they want to ban smoking at outdoor places. What a joke. Especially coming from Bloomberg. Didn't he buy his way into a 3rd term??

What's next? Banning smoking in your car? In your home? There are far better things they could be doing then passing more petty laws to criminalize everything people do.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I can understand how they would want to ban smoking indoors, but I think their main beef with smoking outdoors is not the smoke... it's the butts everywhere.

They might as well ban chewing gum while their at it too. I hate stepping in that stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'd like to see this enforced in a city of almost 20 million.

On one coast, you have legislation trying to ban tobacco smoking and on the other coast, you've got people wanting to legalize reefer!

You know Obama's smoking in the White House so why can't anyone else smoke anywhere they want? I know smoking cigarettes aren't beneficial to a persons health but forcing someone to be tobacco free may be detrimental to someone elses health!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
This is just more freedom that NYC americans will lose.

What about the freedom of people not having a filthy smoker breathing stinking smoke over them? Or dont non smokers have any rights?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This will pass.

The anti smoking campaign is to strong to go against on the West Coast and the Northern US. After this passes there will be a new law passed that bans tobacco from being smoked in a residentual address and then tobacco will effectively be banned.

Soon we will have cigs like in that movie The 5th element. The kind with 3 inch filters and an inch of actual tobacco and they will cost 20 dollars a pack.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm assuming that the tradition Australian beach BBQ is also banned along with cigarettes then?

What traditional Australian beach BBQ? That is not an Australian tradition.....

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
This is just more freedom that NYC americans will lose.

What about the freedom of people not having a filthy smoker breathing stinking smoke over them? Or dont non smokers have any rights?

You do have rights. If you see someone smoking on a park bench you have the right to find another park bench to sit on.

You also have the right not to be rude. All smokers are not filthy. I work with a smoker who goes to smoke on breaks. After he smokes he puts in a tic tac, washes his hands and face and resumes working. I worked next to this guy for 5 months before I found out that he was a smoker.

I also am a non smoker. I perfer Copenhagan, my habit hurts no one elses health so stay the hell away from my worm dirt.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
I think their main beef with smoking outdoors is not the smoke... it's the butts everywhere.

Thats funny! The "butts everywhere" is usually the main reason I go to the beach

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If a car and I were to sit in a park in the city, which one of us do you think would be able to belch out more toxins that negatively effect your health?

Preventing people from smoking in the name of public health while they let the corporations destroy our bodies inside and out shows the lengths they'll go to to curtail things we like to do while letting their cronies destroy the only "intelligent" life in the solar system.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Good.I'm tired of seeing cig butts all over the ground. I'm tired of seeing the beaches just full of used and burnt up cigs as well.

Most smokers pollute the planet with their poison, I say it's time to end that. Let them have their special designated areas to smoke up. If you want a beer, go to a bar. If you want to smoke, go to where ever. Just stop filling our air and filling the ground with your crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join