It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipeline fix was planned - but never happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Pipeline fix was planned - but never happened

www.sfgate.com

(09-15) 19:32 PDT -- Three years ago, Pacific Gas and Electric Co. asked state regulators for $4.9 million to replace a portion of the same natural gas pipeline that ruptured last week and set a San Bruno neighborhood on fire.

State regulators agreed, and the work was scheduled to be done in 2009. The price became part of the rates all PG&E customers pay.

But the pipeline replacement - in South San Francisco, a few miles north of last week's blast site - never happened. And now PG&E wants an additional $5 million to do the same job, according to PG&E documents released today by a cons
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is just unbelievable.. I mean, I thought BP was bad for their handling of the oil disaster but this! THIS!! They want MORE money for doing the job they never did and caused a disaster resulting in the loss of human life! How is it that those responsible aren't behind bars right now??

The best part is that the money to pay for the work came straight from customer pockets!!

Instead of a maintained and safe gas pipeline, the neighborhood got a 1,000 foot fireball!

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow, so PG&E charged their customers extra money in order to repair the pipe line, and they never repaired it.

So, in reality, many people paid for their own death, and the destruction of their houses.

Whoever was in charge at the time should be punished.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

The money always comes from the pockets of the consumer. I just got a mailing from Bank America asking me to open an account with them, but also, just read that Bank America will pass on the "costs" of their being bailed out, onto account holders. lol I thought the cost was already passed onto us peons. lol

I'm going to repeat something I heard over 40 years ago. "Don't take the brown acid! It's no good. It will kill you, man!"

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

No personal attack here, I think the fact is that this happens all the time, with governments state and federal are "stealing from peter to pay paul" on a LARGE scale.
If the economy doesn't get better and the states does in fact continue spending like drunk sailors on shore leave, I think your going to see more infrastructural things like water lines, gas lines, roads and bridges power lines etc.... being set aside for repairs at the top of the critical lists.

Actually its happening already just not all of it makes front page NATIONAL news, just the most sensational ones.

top topics

join