It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security gave names of anti-drill activists to drilling company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Homeland Security gave names of anti-drill activists to drilling company

www.datelinezero.com

Homeland Security is monitoring peaceful activists who are doing nothing wrong — compiling records on these people.

Further, the personal information of people who dare hold an opinion contrary to what the The State wants is being handed over to law enforcement agencies … on a regular basis! The information is “included … in its weekly intelligence bulletins sent to law enforcement agencies.”

But it gets worse. These Homeland Security records on peaceful protesters are also compiled ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Why is it the more the U.S. Government seeks to bring about "security," the less secure we become? The obvious answer is: the State is all about the security of the political class, and works against the private class.

The government is not "our" government.

When they go around labeling people "terrorist" simply for disagreeing with the politicians and organizing with others who also disagree with the politicians, we have a serious problem.

Can we fix this through renewal, or is thing becoming a situation where revolution is inevitable?

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Perhaps I need to be on the look out for white vans, after posting my thoughts? *peeks through curtains*

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oy, well, I guess this makes it more obvious who DHS really works for, huh?

Also, for those who don't like the site in the OP, here is the original article
Documents show Homeland Security tracks anti-drill groups in Pa

edit on 9-15-2010 by rogerstigers because: added alternate url

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
S&F!

I listened to Ed Rendell, the Governor of Pennsylvania apologize to a list of people over the radio this morning.

The State government disseminated lists of names to law enforcement agencies and, get this... the drilling companies that are drilling in the Marcellus Shale Formation in PA! Some of the people belonged to environmental groups who are opposed to the drilling, or at least the methods that they are using, some were members of tea parties or like organizations.

This is incredible. The government has been out of hand for a long time, and it is getting worse.

Link to story:
www.wgal.com...

edit on 15-9-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The thing that worries me is not the distribution to law enforcement (not that I like that decision either), but to distribute the names to the oil companies? I hate jumping on the unfounded conspiracy train, but what the hell would that company do with that list other than hire some people to make sure they have an "accident." Spineless jerk-off politicians are ruining this world.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'll grant that law enforcement may have just cause for ensuring that among the activists in question there are no known persons who engage in violence etc. And I am unsure that's appropriate either but they already have laid claim to 'preemptive' enforcement, and the courts seem OK with that ... (*sigh*)

But any corporation. like any citizen, should not be in the business of collecting names...

Hence the corporate citizen, once again, seems to have privileges that are not afforded to us regular folks.

But I guess the establishment just wont see it that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The government has been out of hand for a long time, and it is getting worse.

... I think its always been this way and you/we are just waking up to it. The real stinger is that we are paying through our taxes for the government to spy on us on behalf of corporations.

Then again, in the current system those corps are probably paying more than us thru campaign donations and whatnot, so that is why "our" government is doing "their" bidding.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Welcome to our "hidden" America! there are those of us who have been subjected to just such for years. Marginalized for having an opposing view with the Corp, er, Gov policy. Persecuted, jailed, and killed all for opposing this governments politics on a socially relevant issue. Prisons are filled with those in dissent and families torn apart for at least 4 decades now.
In case it is not obvious by now I speak of the WOD and the active actions by this government to squash any substantive discourse.
This methodology has proved effective enough to adopt the methods to many other areas such as any form of grass root movement in opposition to the dominant paradigm.
For myself I knew the fight the against the WOD would never get anything but applause until the tactics began being used across the board.
So here it is, like the WWII saying( paraphrased for the time) about when they came at the "druggies" I did not mind as I am not a "druggie"
When they came for the tree huggers I did not mind as I am not a tree hugger.
When they came for the private information of my life I did not care as only "bad people" have things to hide.
When they came for me all those who would have stood by you are now gone and you are alone against the beast..
HS is a corporate construct to give military power to use within the USA and is the crack in the door to our military being deployed in country, this one.
Having been on HS's # list since their inception because of my activism with L.E.A.P. and other legitimate and powerful political groups fighting for drug reform.
My entire family has been investigated, I am on the "hassle to death" list at airports and am strip searched to fly or just denied.
All due to my work in development of viable medications and collaboration with the heads of many political groups.
This is new "old news" but very important to get out as it is getting to the point of who will stand against this.
N.

join