It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which X-Box To Buy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Im hoping for some advice on which X-Box system to buy. I am in Australia & assume that makes a difference.

I am mostly wondering about the drive size. I have seen them ranging from 6 - 250GB. Im wondering if the drive size makes a difference to game play ? I have no interest in storing movies or music on it so Im assuming the size is irrelevant for me.

Im also wondering if anyone has heard if they intend to put out an X-Box "3" any time soon ?

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hello, I believe if you want what is best for your money. You should get an xbox elite, as it has dramatically dropped in price.

The new xbox 360 S is nice and new but nothing really different from the elite. Kinect works with every xbox, the kinect ready on the new xbox is because it has higher powered usb.

If you have the money get the new one with added built in wireless. If you want one and have a small amount your willing to spend then definitely get the 120GB elite.

1. space is not really an issue unless you plan to download content such as videos, music and games. You may decide you wish to do this later. 120GB is enough to be honest.

2. I don't think xbox 3 will be about for a couple of years still as they have just released the xbox 360 s and launching kinect.

If you need any more help let me know.

edit on 15-9-2010 by ThePacifist because: Added answers to OP's questions,

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePacifist

Thanks for that.

I was thinking of the 120GB but wanted to make sure.

Money is tight but if Im spending the money, I want to make sure I get the best for it, even if that means saving a bit longer.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
No problem man. I'm glad to help, I have the same console as the one your planning to buy. It's all good. Don't forget to add your gamertag when you get one, to the gamertag thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
Im hoping for some advice on which X-Box system to buy. I am in Australia & assume that makes a difference.

I am mostly wondering about the drive size. I have seen them ranging from 6 - 250GB. Im wondering if the drive size makes a difference to game play ? I have no interest in storing movies or music on it so Im assuming the size is irrelevant for me.

Im also wondering if anyone has heard if they intend to put out an X-Box "3" any time soon ?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm not sure why being in aussieland would make a difference? Anyways, I have to tell you that I run a small xbox gaming community and I am still playing on my 360 that I got in 2007. It has 10 gb's storage and has worked fine for me. It's all a matter of what you use it for. I rarely save alot of things to my hard drive. In 3 1/2 years I've managed to eat up maybe 1/2 of my space! And like I said I only have 10 gb's, but I usually only play FPS online multiplayer types. Not using my 360 as a hard drive.

As for the xbox 3, as you might be aware, xbox debuted in late 2001. The 360 came out 4 years later in late 2005. By looking at that timeline, you would expect them to already be coming out with new hardware. But with more powerful hardware comes more potential for programming more complex games. So they're really trying to squeeze every drop of usefulness out of the playstation 3 and xbox 360. Don't expect newer gaming systems for another 2-3 years at minimum.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You can also transfer games to the hard drive to play them from there, It seems to help if you have freezing problems with any games, and it runs a little quieter without the constant dvd accessing sound, You still need the original disk in the drive to play though

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I prefer my PS3 than the Xbox 360 better games on PS3 and no payment for playing online but if you want a 360 i would go for the elite.

Thankyou

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The xbox you should buy is the playstation 3. The playstation does not cost extra money to play on the internet and it lasts much longer,not getting the red rings....it just slowly stops working after a long time.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

I've seen so many PS3's die, yes there are no red rings, it just dies and it could be 5 weeks after you buy it (i've seen it)...

I did not know that Kinect works on any X-Box, can it work on my Elite?

I've had Elite for 4-5 yrs and only delete old demos that I don't want on my hard drive, it has alot of space for games (should you choose to install- worth it for games you play alot as it reduces the strain on the console).

If your a very casual gamer, maybe you'd want a smaller hard drive, but depends on how into your gaming you are.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
I prefer my PS3 than the Xbox 360 better games on PS3 and no payment for playing online but if you want a 360 i would go for the elite.

Thankyou

What better games are there? IYO? Don't say Heavy Rain because thats a blatant lie.

Paying for online will become a universal thing for consoles in the next few years.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Hell yes heavy rain it was a excellent game the only game I played to get all trophies.

Uncharted 1+2 soon 3
Killzone same as above
Metal gear 4
I could go on but the real point is I have both consoles and I prefer the PS3 over the XBOX360 games just look better on PS3 lets not forget blu ray and free to play online

Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

Hell yes heavy rain it was a excellent game the only game I played to get all trophies.

:

Right there dude^^^

It is so awkward and clunky and extremely repetitive on the replayability scale.
Compare it to Dead Rising (360 exclusive): They were both designed for multiple playthroughs and both exclusives on their consoles. Dead Rising a much older game and is far more replayable. (To the point were you can create your own adventure's).

They both have fairly basic control schemes, but with heavy rain all your doing is moving a joystick left or right or a timed button press, it's so disconnecting with the gameplay. (What little there is).

Heavy Rain cannot be on a list of greats with it's such lacking features and the gameplay that was completely misrepresented in it's marketing scheme.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Like some posters said if price is what you're concerned about I'd go with a PS3.... If you're getting a new system I think they come with a 320gb HD so right there you're getting more drive space.... On top of that free to play online, you get yourself a free blu ray player built in and you don't have to waste money on AA batteries for your controllers haha..... Your decision man but that's the most bang for your buck right now, exclusive titles are almost a thing of the past, everything they had on xbox they ported already except maybe 2 or 3 titles....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Sorry chukkles I have to disagree with you Heavy Rain is a excellent game as for Dead Rising part one was OK but part two not so good got that on PS3 not much changed since one.

Just waiting for LA noire and Rage

L.A. Noire trailer

Rage trailer

And just for you chukkles

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The end of last year I bought the 250gig 360 s model. It has been my favorite console and I haven't had a single problem out of it.

top topics

join