It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watercress May 'Turn Off' Breast Cancer Signal, Starves Cancer Cells of Blood & Oxygen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

New scientific research from the University of Southampton has revealed that a plant compound in watercress may have the ability to suppress breast cancer cell development by "turning off" a signal in the body and thereby starving the growing tumor of essential blood and oxygen.
The research, unveiled at a press conference on September 14th 2010, shows that the watercress compound is able to interfere with the function of a protein which plays a critical role in cancer development.

______beforeitsnews/story/174/699/Watercress_May_Turn_Off_Breast_Cancer_Signal,_Starves_Cancer_Cells_of_Blood_Oxygen.html

this is an important revelation as breast cancer kills alot of women in my country

if this signal can be blocked the blood supply changes can starve the cancer of blood and nutrients
what if water creast can slow the growth of cancer or prevent it

information like this deserves to be shared

xploder

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Very interesting. There seems to be a huge number of possible 'attacks' against cancer. I'm not an expert but why would this work specifically against breast cancer only? I'd think that all cancers have the same signal and need for blood as breast cancer.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

the original experiment had to be specific to one type of cancer to allow for credable results
this aproach could be used for any cancer that requires increased blood flow
another food asparagus has two coumpounds that are anti cancer as well but work in different ways
so

eat asparagus and water creast soup for prevention

xploder

ps foods do infact do more than some pills

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is interesting news, combined with recent studies on Bitter Melon in India and China as well as volumes on Tumeric in regards breast and other cancers, I forsee an excellent protocol on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

i have seen more natural cures tested and released in the last six months than in the last 6 years

take at look at what was found in queensland

Dr Gordon said the drug had successfully reduced or eliminated inoperable solid tumours in more than 100 pet dogs, cats and horses.

She said the drug could help treat human skin cancer, head and neck cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer.

"Many pet owners involved in veterinary trials of EBC-46 have ... literally watched the deadly tumours on their pets disintegrate within five to seven days of being treated," she said in a statement.

www.medicalsearch.com.au...

Health Benefits—Asparagus:

one of the best sources of folate, which keeps down blood levels of homocysteine
contains high-concentrations of cancer-fighting antioxidants, such as vitamins A, C and E
boasts more of the antioxidant glutathione than any other fruit or vegetable
supplies a dose of fiber and a special carbohydrate called inulin
acts as a natural diuretic, reducing swelling and water retention

add the two together into a soup and viola

xploder

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Agreed, but the sad thing is all of this information has been around in Materia medicas for literal ages my friend. Its like people are becoming obstinate about big Pharma ...finally so those who can produce the products from natural derivitives finally are.

The Yakima Indians and others in the Northwest suffered zero deaths due to the bird flu epidemic of 1917 by chewing biscuit root(Lomatium Dissectum)

Antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria?...Im not worried there either there are countless dozens of anti-biotics occuring naturally, everywhere if you know where to look and a small amount of chemistry ie..simple knowledge of solubility.

Im excited by the news coming out as late but cant help but wonder when one person has a poor response is that when the Government tries to regulate nature away from us again?

Millions have died from Pharma, women die from birth control all the time yet they dont make them illegal, heck there are class action suits up against a few of those 3 periods a year birth control pills, but they still advertise it and sell them with impunity.

We will have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The study on Water Cress is wonderful news btw thanks for posting it. My older sister is a breast cancer survivor, and not without a ton of herbal amelioatives...cheers for the OP

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not only oxygen but Ozone, and Hydrogen Peroxide, kills cancer cells.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have been giving a family member, lemon grass in tea for 5 months, for an inoperable brain tumor.
There has been a vast improvement in their condition, that i believe they could soon reduce the medication.

It was found by a university in Israel, that lemon grass has a molecule in it ,that cause the cancer cell to self destruct.
I give my relative this tea 8/9 times a day...Instruction can be found by googling lemon grass.
Nature has everything we need for free...

It is also a very tasty drink...I plan to grow my own.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is very good news - I need to start eating Water Cress - I do have asparagus once or twice a week.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

just read about the effects of palmagranet on the formation and beginings of breast cancer
as a food it does contain coumpounds that are very similar to synthetic medication used by breast cancer doctors

the food we eat has so much to do with what we suffer from

xp

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by crazydaisy

the food we eat has so much to do with what we suffer from

xp

Hi XPLodEr, I am only here in New Zealand for a couple of months now and I have noticed a very high manifestation of cancer in the population. This country has almost no air pollution, clean water, etc. I also believe that somehow the cancer is triggered by food or the way food is processed or stored.

Let me give you an example. The other day we bought a packet of pre-cooked rice in a plastic sealed satchet. Cooking instructions - place satchet in microwave and heat for 3 minutes. After heating, tear satchet open and voila! cooked rice.

Problem is - it is not safe to heat up plastic in contact with food. Some dangerous chemicals are released and leeching into the food. Even plastic water bottles are dangerous when you heat it up. You are actually supposed to only use it once. There are plastics which are safe, but the average plastic container is toxic when heated.

I am so aware of packaging of food, because some food is sealed and then cooked in its packaging. I will never eat such food.

Just my 2c.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ysterlong

new zealand happens to have the highest flouridation levels around

add to that we get some of the dirtest oil in the world

xploder

ps enjoy NZ

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

nice find.

i could go for asparagus and watercress soup. throw some spinach in for good luck.

i like bitter melon, bitter but feels like it's good for me, lol!

the microwave and plastics thing, melamine is the culprit. it was used in the chinese baby formula scandal
in china.
it was used to falsely up the protein content in milk.

also in the dog food scandal!

it is released in the micro ovens and will taint the food.

they executed one of the top people at that company and others are in jail.

food is strong medicine.

s+f

edit on 16-9-2010 by fooks because: for clarity

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jean59

If I had cancer, I would not be taking just 1 plant to help it out. Why not combine a bunch of plants? Also, I would add cayenne pepper into any combination of plants as cayenne pepper makes any herb much more effective. Google cayenne pepper and read about it for a little bit, my claims do not come out of my rear

EDIT: Also forgot to add, cayenne pepper kills cancer.

edit on 16-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
this is insanity! meat is the only healthy food available.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jean59

I have been giving a family member, lemon grass in tea for 5 months, for an inoperable brain tumor.
There has been a vast improvement in their condition, that i believe they could soon reduce the medication.

It was found by a university in Israel, that lemon grass has a molecule in it ,that cause the cancer cell to self destruct.
I give my relative this tea 8/9 times a day...Instruction can be found by googling lemon grass.
Nature has everything we need for free...

It is also a very tasty drink...I plan to grow my own.

Hi. I have a relative with a partially inoperative brain tumor. I see that one is supposed to use 'fresh lemongrass'. Is buying the whole stalks fresh enough, or must one actually harvest from a living plant? To put this another way - where are you getting your lemongrass.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ysterlong

Hi XPLodEr, I am only here in New Zealand for a couple of months now and I have noticed a very high manifestation of cancer in the population. This country has almost no air pollution, clean water, etc. I also believe that somehow the cancer is triggered by food or the way food is processed or stored.

Could be wireless technologies, gm foods or any of a number of technological 'improvements.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Mangosteen fruit
Noni fruit

top topics

join