It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers subjected to 'mind control'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to put his..

Does anyone else find this just an itty bitty bit scary? I wonder what else this kind of technology can be used for?
www.wnd.com...

The U.S. military long has been able to launch a missile, explode a bridge or fire a weapon with the push of a button. Under testing now is a system intended to control a soldier's psychiatric status, make him alert, reduce his stress and intervene when he suffers pain, among other applications, with the press of a button.

science.dodlive.mil...

Through a recent grant made by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Young Faculty Award Program, our research will begin undergoing the next phases of research and development aimed towards engineering future applications using this neurotechnology for our country’s warfighters. Here, we will continue exploring the influence of ultrasound on brain function and begin using transducer phased arrays to examine the influence of focused ultrasound on intact brain circuits. We will also be investigating the use of capacitive micromachined ultrasonic transducers (CMUTs) for use in brain stimulation. Finally, to improve upon spatial resolution, we will examine the use of acoustic metamaterials and hyperlenses to study how subdiffraction limited ultrasound influences brain wave activity patterns.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We've all been subjected to mind control in one form or fashion. Granted, not to the extremes that our soldiers must endure.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If you analyze what he said there is lot of hoping, dreaming and speculating going on. I work with biofeedback on a daily basis and I have not seen any indication that our understanding of the brain is sufficiently advanced to be able to influence anyone's mind in a controlled manner beyond stimulation of some neural pathways. The military is constantly exploring new avenues to enhance military capabilities. Some avenues of exploration are fruitful and some are not. I wouldn't be too worried about a automaton soldier, beyond their existing indoctrination, yet.

Originally posted by ljtg123
Wasn't sure where to put his..

Does anyone else find this just an itty bitty bit scary? I wonder what else this kind of technology can be used for?
www.wnd.com...

The U.S. military long has been able to launch a missile, explode a bridge or fire a weapon with the push of a button. Under testing now is a system intended to control a soldier's psychiatric status, make him alert, reduce his stress and intervene when he suffers pain, among other applications, with the press of a button.

science.dodlive.mil...

Through a recent grant made by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Young Faculty Award Program, our research will begin undergoing the next phases of research and development aimed towards engineering future applications using this neurotechnology for our country’s warfighters. Here, we will continue exploring the influence of ultrasound on brain function and begin using transducer phased arrays to examine the influence of focused ultrasound on intact brain circuits. We will also be investigating the use of capacitive micromachined ultrasonic transducers (CMUTs) for use in brain stimulation. Finally, to improve upon spatial resolution, we will examine the use of acoustic metamaterials and hyperlenses to study how subdiffraction limited ultrasound influences brain wave activity patterns.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

i have a thread about this, but i am being attacked daily by a mysterious source which can read my mind, look at memories like it was a rolladex, and predict impulses. They then use them against me with a pre-programmed reply system which triggers when i think or get an impulse.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If you can get messages FROM the PTB, can't you send stuff BACK?

new topics

top topics

join