It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space lightning and mars canyon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

trying to think about the number and speeds of the directions we are currently traveling in .........my head hurts
your right if the solar system/galixe is travelling that fast if you were to stop moving our galixe would be a speck in no time

i wounder out loud how common is it that a highly charged body travels through our small chunck of spiral arm

i amagine this effect of over sized static charge zapping any planets to close to its path or as a pathway between planets would likley be more devistating than an astroid impact

the video you provided on clovis makes me think that some of the deposits around the world might likely come from a source other than asteriod

i call it static uplift of ferrious materal during discharge (try saying 3 times fast)

still studying the dynamics of the sun heliosphere findings will theorizing soon

xploder

edit on 16-9-2010 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Edit: aww, should have read the whole thread first

No no... it's quite alright... it's GOOD to go look it up yourself. It usually stick better that way

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm wondering if all this has anything to do with the fact that at present, Mars has an extremely minimal magnetic field. Perhaps this so-called "cosmic lightning" did strike Mars, causing a weakening of it's magnetic field, leading to it's current desolation.
Also, I have seen (somewhere) that the Sun is capable of massive electrical discharges. If Mars was in the line of fire, that could account for it, and maybe one of the secondary arcs struck Earth. It would be nice to know the age of the canyon on Mars to compare with the Grand Canyon.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I am well aware of the impact of the temple-1 event, or at least I believe I am. I have probably read many of the same sites that you have pertaining to this event from an Electric Universe Theory perspective and I believe I share a similar enthusiasm towards this theory.

If I were to speculate I would say that there is at least two different types of interactions that can occur between two objects. A physical impact and an electrical discharge. A close fly by can have an electrical discharge and an impact can have both electrical and physical impact however, in order for an electrical interaction there must be an electrical differential between the two objects, i.e. positive and negative charge.

Originally posted by XPLodER
trying to think about the number and speeds of the directions we are currently traveling in .........my head hurts

This is a difficult understanding to get ones head around. I would like to state that the measurements I have found indicate we are not entering the galactic plane. There are, however, other movements involved that I think you'll be interested in.

The Milky Way galaxy is moving in several directions many of which most of us are not aware of. The galaxy is rotating clockwise @ 225 million years per rotation, the center of the galaxy (galactic bar) is rotating @ 50 million years per rotation and the galactic arms are rotating @ 125 million years per... if I remember correctly. Keep in mind that the galaxy is rotating as a whole and the outer edge makes one revolution at the same rate that we do closer towards the middle and so on which implies a rotational force involved.

I speculate that the galactic center is the drive force that rotates everything else. The center of the galaxy, galactic bar, forces the rotation of the galactic arms that force the rotation of everything else in the Milky Way.

Now try to imagine where we are...
Are we just about to exit the Orion arm?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e44bea804b3.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by dontaskme
I'm wondering if all this has anything to do with the fact that at present, Mars has an extremely minimal magnetic field. Perhaps this so-called "cosmic lightning" did strike Mars, causing a weakening of it's magnetic field, leading to it's current desolation.

Here is a great question. Does the Sun create magnetic fields found around planets over time? Mars, Venus and Mercury have little to no magnetic fields. Could these be an indication that they are either new or have recently experienced a discharge of their electrical energy? Keep in mind that currently the nature of Earth's, and other planet's, magnetic field(s) is (are) explained by means that don't require the Sun. And thus, the Sun's magnetic field is explained by means that don't require the galaxy. I believe we are missing the big picture here.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
Does the Sun create magnetic fields found around planets over time? Mars, Venus and Mercury have little to no magnetic fields. Could these be an indication that they are either new or have recently experienced a discharge of their electrical energy? Keep in mind that currently the nature of Earth's, and other planet's, magnetic field(s) is (are) explained by means that don't require the Sun. And thus, the Sun's magnetic field is explained by means that don't require the galaxy. I believe we are missing the big picture here.

You know... one of the biggest headaches I have when I look for things is finding other stuff at a timely moment. It usually leads to info overload and I have an impossible time tracking and filing all the data...

In another thread a comment was made about Carl Sagan's message reaching the starts and aliens responding via crop circle... so I dug up Pioneer and Voyager to see where they were... well Voyager 2 just left the Heliosphere :lol Got a long way to go to the closest star...

BUT Voyager found something that is very relevant to this topic...

NASA-Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery. "Using data from Voyager, we have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system," explains lead author Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. "This magnetic field holds the interstellar cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all."

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

Caption:
Voyager flies through the outer bounds of the heliosphere en route to interstellar space. A strong magnetic field reported by Opher et al in the Dec. 24, 2009, issue of Nature is delineated in yellow. Image copyright 2009, The American Museum of Natural History.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, this is interesting.
It has been awhile since I have thought about this stuff so I am slow to recall some of it.

The way I understand the motion of the galactic arms in the Milky Way is that they remain constant with each other in regards to acceleration and rates of rotation. Meaning that they don't pass each other nor twist up like mixing a dark color in paint, they maintain their structure. This is significant when we realize that the stars inside these spiral arms do not remain inside of these arms. The arms have been measured to be moving at a faster rate than the stars in between them.

As an arm approaches a cluster of stars, these stars are pushed closer together as the arm accelerates these clusters. So imagine that these stars, our Sun being one of them, not only gets 'pushed' (for lack of a better word) closer together but also gets accelerated as the arm 'scoops' everything up.

This has two effects that I can imagine right now.
  • 1 stars get 'pushed' closer together.
  • 2 they accelerate.

Both of these effects will happen in the opposite manner as the spiral arm passes us by.

Now here is where it gets interesting, acceleration of a mass increases its gravitational force. So as these spiral arms accelerate these stars and planets, they create a larger gravitational force upon these masses. And when these arms pass by these stars and planets, there must be an inverse effect or deceleration. This sounds counter-intuitive yet I don't see a way around this explanation if our galactic arms are rotating faster than the stars inside it.

I would think that the effects of this increase/decrease of gravitational force upon all of these stars and planets would be dramatic.

edit on 9/17/2010 by Devino because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join