It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OK, are they really flying? Or just floating.

I do believe in aliens and UFO's but this.... I don't know... There just seems to be so many possible earthly explanations. Quite frankly I am surprised that the "experts are baffled".... who ever the experts are......

I mean, it really looks to me to be floating on the water and not flying/hovering above it... My initial thought was two boats... but they move around a bit too quickly..... Perhaps some kind of water fowl? I just don't know.. It seems to big for it to be a bird...

Also, that person needs to learn how to hold a camera.... It made it hard to get a good look.

So I am thinking that there is an earthly explanation for this one, anyway.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That is kind of interesting because, as much as I have watched this video now on the big screen, the one thing that struck me was the fact that the water Didn't seem to have any kind of ripple effect or wake at all. Every now and then you do get a somewhat clear shot to see that, when watched full screen. Try that and see if you still think they are floating.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I noticed that the reporter mentioned that one possible explanation could be two people kite surfing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a37bcfad0012.jpg[/atsimg]

It is a fairly plausible theory but I'm not sure that it fits the bill exactly?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I mean, it really looks to me to be floating on the water and not flying/hovering above it... My initial thought was two boats... but they move around a bit too quickly.....

I think the video shows two windsurfers. They can go really, really fast across the water....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Although it seems a bit of a joke to say it, it does appear to be kite surfing. If it is taking place in Australia, then I would not be surprised at all if it eventually gets identified as such. I remember in my travels to the land down-under I often came across people induging in water sports even at the witching hour.

The lake or lagoon is not big and I am surprised that the cameraman did not zoom more. It is perhaps due to the fact that it is a 3-CCD JVC which probably only has 10x zoom. Still , I would have thought that someone investing in a 3-ccd camcorder would know how to hold the camera still.

Due to the small size of the lagoon, one can expect the kite/sail to move at that relative speed.

Have I got it right ? Is it in Noumea ? If so there is a lot of kite-surfing there and also a few kite surfing schools. If I was enjoying that sport , I am sure that sunset would not stop me as I love the sea and surfing.

Photo googled , with search "kite surfing Noumea"

edit on 12-9-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Is that thing (that I attempted to point to) the barge??? If so, no one else saw this? (yeah, I s'pose even if they did, who were they going to tell? I do hope someone investigates this and can find the people on that barge....if, that's what this is)

Also, what are those two (what appear to be..) fixed lights in the background?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I mean, it really looks to me to be floating on the water and not flying/hovering above it... My initial thought was two boats... but they move around a bit too quickly.....

I think the video shows two windsurfers. They can go really, really fast across the water....

I would agree but the objects are too square, which leads me to believe that it was kite-surfing (prevalent in Noumea - see my previous post)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Buoy's moving in the wind.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This doesn't really change anything, but I did try to do a gray scale. You lose it all in black and white. I really need to get some new soft wear if Im going to keep trying to do things like this! I sure hope someone comes along that Can give this a little more justice.

Somehow I just think this guy would have known if it was windsurfers. Seems there should have been enough light to know that. Besides it sounds like he talked with others that saw it. Surely one of those people would have mentioned windsurfers if that was the case.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Definitely kitesurfers . I windsurf but have done some kitesurfing and that's what they look like for sure. In fact I have 12 meter flexifoil storm that is black it could be the same kite.

edit on 12-9-2010 by tarifa37 because: too add more info

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Im pretty sure buoys are suppose to remain somewhat in place as they are markers aren't they? These travel pretty far for buoys I think.

Seems if it was kite surfing, at some point we would have been able to tell that even if it is fast clips. Should be able to spot that in the slow mo on the loop. I hope more come forward about this one frankly, that were there. It was sunrise though, so who knows who else saw it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nice post, il be watching to see how this turns out.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

They could be boat moorings tied to the barge or shore.

cgi.ebay.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi, mystery fans.

There exists "stabilized film/video viewing/viewers", I think.

THAT would help A LOT ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Im pretty sure buoys are suppose to remain somewhat in place as they are markers aren't they? These travel pretty far for buoys I think.

Seems if it was kite surfing, at some point we would have been able to tell that even if it is fast clips. Should be able to spot that in the slow mo on the loop. I hope more come forward about this one frankly, that were there. It was sunrise though, so who knows who else saw it.

Most of the witnesses would probably have been tourists and could not have expected people kite-surfing in the darkness - and may not have known about Noumea being a kite-surfing location.

One investigator rejected the kite surfing explanation because the objects were too "opaque" and too "fast moving". I disagree in both cases. In strong winds, the speed is extraordinary, whether windsurfing or kite surfing. As for the "opaque" thing sails and kites can come opaque or transparent.

I am a keen UFO enthusiast myself and I always tend to keep an open mind. It just seems that to dismiss the kite-surfing possibility so quickly - given that Noumea is known for it - does not make sense to me.

Hopefully a resident of Noumea will come forward and let us have their comments or else one of the surfers themselves - probably aussies as they do not have far to travel to get to Vanuatu and Noumea.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Is that thing (that I attempted to point to) the barge??? If so, no one else saw this? (yeah, I s'pose even if they did, who were they going to tell? I do hope someone investigates this and can find the people on that barge....if, that's what this is)

Also, what are those two (what appear to be..) fixed lights in the background?

Human Alien.....

That is not the barge..... it is land.

The barge passes in front of the 2 objects.

Here it is:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33829c5220a3.jpg[/atsimg]

The size of the barge is important because to my mind, much of the voracity of the story hinges upon the size of the objects.

That is to say, if the barge is quite small, the objects must be smaller & therefore their speed must be lower, thereby making prosaic explanations more likely.

ZiggyStar60's conjecture pertaining to windsurfing should be looked at very carefully.

The 2 fixed lights appear to be illuminated buildings on the far shore line.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 12-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
There exists "stabilized film/video viewing/viewers", I think.

Yes, but it's not working with this video.

I have to try something else.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
when i watch the video why do i get the impression that the dark objects are flapping their wings.....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have to ask this. Would kite surfers appear this big if they were approx. 1.5 kilometers away? Im just trying to get a visual of that in my mind. lol being american Im also trying to break that down in american distance!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

edit on 12-9-2010 by yigsstarhouse because: simehow that double posted... ops

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join