It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Yep just like that stunt the History channel pulled last year, with the little prehistoric skeleton found that was going to change the world forever. In which the show ended up being in my opinion boring.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

I get censored left and right on this website, yet someone can front page an article about a TELEVISION SHOW. Might as well talk about 24, too right? And Law and Order CI, Goren's last episode. I can't believe them feds were really helping the terrorists get weapons!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I suspect that the last few presidents have not really been all that clued in on the UFO issue like Truman, Eisenhower and Nixon were: they are the wrong generation. It was the presidents during and after World War II who really took it very seriously as a national security issue, since they knew the UFOs were always interested in nuclear sites and military installations and that our planes were chasing them all over the place. They absolutely did know this and it's been documented from declassified government records. They also had internal discussions about whether to disclose some of this information, how much and when it should be revealed.

I think it's very possible that some UFOs crashed over the years or were shot down and they recovered some technology and remains from them. During the Cold War, this was all kept ultra-top secret and need-to-know for fear that the masses couldn't handle the truth and that the other side might also have recovered some of this technology--or at least found out about it.

Even today, this is not information that they would want to share with the Taliban, Iran and North Korea, although I believe all the major governments of the world already know about it. Russia, China, Britain, France, Spain and Bazil definitely know--at least some of it. In recent decades, they've all been declassifying some documents that indicate pretty well that they know what's going on. Many of the old timers who have retired have also started to talk about what they know, evidently in the belief that this information is gradually being declassified.

But I don't think the younger presidents like Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama know nearly as much as the old timers who have been dealing with all this since World War II. Now take someone like George W. Bush, an old CIA hand who knows a lot about everything and says virtually nothing at all--strictly World War II generation all the way. I suspect that he never had much confidence in Junior and his generation, and never shared very much of what he knew about UFOs. In fact, Bush, Jr often did come across and hapless and clueless, while Clinton just looked like a hustler and slickster. So now, I just don't think they knew much about the big secrets like UFOs.

In any case, it's really up to the aliens if they want to take the next step and make open contact. They have already demonstrated that they can go wherever they want and do what they want, so if their desire is to start communicating more openly then they have been, no one on earth could prevent it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Disclosure is something many of us have dreamed about. I know there are plenty of us who have played over in our minds the way it would go. I personally have written a few fictional stories based on disclosure in one fashion or another. However, with this series coming on the air and we are only 2.3 years from winter solstice 2012, I can't help but feel the seriousness that the believers in this issue have maintained for so long is forcing it to come to a head.

You see, I have become more divided myself over the years. I used to think that it was because of movies like "Independence Day" and things like Ronald Regan's comment about an ET invasion, that there was no doubt this was real.

As time has passed however, and I have gone further down the rabbit hole, I can question, Is the entire ET concept another ploy drafted in the master plan to decieve us along the way? It is scary how much that makes sense. Where there was no doubt, due to my own dicoveries of the lies between the lines, there is now.

I know it is hard to explain away a history written in stone by ancients who are not here to explain themselves. It seems obvious to some that ETs had to be involved at some point. We see things like the Sphinx,the Pyrimids, Easter Island, the Mayan Calander, and so forth. It makes us feel like there is something missing. It makes me feel like there is something lost in all that. We imagine the Annunaki of Sumeria and wonder what they meant.

I cannot help but be divided on the issue. My brain tells me everything so far has been lies and deciet by the elite families of the world to stay in power. They write history, they guide everything we do. Their "experts" decide for us what is and isn't. Their Hollywood and Mass Media trains us subconciously every day. Everyone looks they way they are supposed to look and does what they are supposed to do.

My heart wants disclosure. I want to travel the stars and imagine a world more like "Star Trek" where things are done to bring us together. No money, poverty, and war. Sadly, My logic tells me that we are but a species no more evolved than monkeys to most if any ET's traversing the galaxies.

We have evolved socially into a species that uses science and math to communicate. We have taken the first step towards becoming something different than just a random animal life form. We try to contemplate God and the Universe which as far as I can tell does not happen in any other species on this planet.

However I'm not sure we are even close to being anything that a galatic society would want anything to do with. At least not until we get our money and elitists structure destroyed and not in terms of another set back but as a way to come together as a race and a planet. As a means to harness what technology has been given to us without allowing the corporate business structure to hold us back. Then we can take care of everyone. Then we may be worthy of becoming a member of a galactic society. I think of "Star Trek: Generations". If you have seen it, it gets my point across.

Who knows, the Illuminati may very well have always been an alien agenda. It may be that we have been guided from our creation by Gods that we were not allowed to understand but because of the scientific revoultion, we are almost ready. It is easier for me to believe however, that we are an Earth-Based society and always have been. The alien concept is just more mis-information to throw us off. Everything is an illusion and while my heart would love to believe in something higher my brain says... Come on!?

It's all right there on the back of the Dollar. =D

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ah - Its a TV SHOW!

Aka fiction, not true, made up.......

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's a television show that, like many sci-fi movies, is being taken seriously by certain communities here.

It certainly adds to the entertainment value! Credit to the writers for drawing you into the fantasy.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't know what I'm missin' but why are you people cheering about something out of Hollywood?
Big deal!

They're actors. Reading a script on a production set.

Sure, some will say it's based on a true event while the 'important' people (when asked about this) will just hide behind the fact that it's fictional and just a show/movie.

Again....what am I missing here? How many movies/TV shows were based on supposed live-events only to be deemed "Hollywood"? Let's see there was "Close Encounters" and....."ET" and......."Taken".......now this?

Someone please tell me what I'm over-looking, if anything?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Besides the video source, look the article source. Can you trust the examiner?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If we are very lucky, there really will be a nice Federation of Planets out there that will take us under their wing and help us with our social, economic and environmental problems--take us in as a "candidate member" or something like that, as the EU has done with the Balkans.

If we are unlucky, the galaxy is being run by an Evil Empire and our ruling elites are collaborators, like a "comprador" class, just stealing everything they can get their hands on while the getting is good. So far, I have to admit that the latter possibility seems to be what's been happening. On the other hand, the elites are probably not 100% unified, and some would favor disclosure and working with the more benevolent aliens--if they exist.

Personally, I suspect that we dozens of different aliens civilizations coming here and they are not all on the same page. So are probably more benevolent than others.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

I saw that trailer last night and immedately thought of ATS

Me too! I am looking forward to this one, it looks pretty good for mainstream.

spec

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxlynx

Dark Skies was the best ever Alien Series IMO
They took it off pretty quick also, it was an excellent series which used real life historical events in the plot line, always will be my all time favourite.

Dark Skies snippet

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now we have people advertising for another made for TV show?
Here on ATS?
Yep,... keep us watching television,. more fear and commercials.
I won't be able to decide,, Buy this or Buy that,.. or continue to live in fear of the unknown..

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I had tried to start a thread about this show a few weeks ago ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) as did several others, but my headline got cut to just about 30 characters (less than half of some headlines), so nobody get a sense of my post. Because ATS never got back to me about how to have more than 30 characters show in a headline, if anybody knows, please shoot me off a message. Thanks!

Now, back to The Event. Here's the text from my original post (which included a Youtube clip):
So, NBC has a new series, "The Event" about a "really big cover-up" that comes unraveled. The series supposedly keeps the audience in the dark about just what the "event" is, but it is supposedly something that threatens to change the course of humanity. Any of this sound familiar?

Am I the only one who finds this just a bit odd, given recent history?

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So it's a TV show about a plot to assassinate the President because he's planning to "disclose".

The trailer looks great, actually.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

---

Thanks for the heads up Op. We'll see what or how much in-depth NBC digs, less J. Oberg of course. I rely more on major networks to secure major footage far more than their inexperienced comments on the subject matter.

Regards,

Decoy

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Either way, this sounds like an interesting series. There's always some truth in science fiction.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why do people believe everything they see? A tv show comes out, and apparently its fact and no longer fiction? Even if they wanted to disclose something, do you really think they would make a tv show around it? I don't think they would disclose at all, one day, aliens will show up and people will run for their lives, just like they would if the president announced it right now. This tv show is purely fiction. Hopefully it will be a good one, something to replace lost. But I don't take any part of the show to be true, that's just living in fear and stupid.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Agreed. LOST was a fail, and this will be too.

Hollywood shills.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We're in the UK......I'll be looking out for that show, and The Cape.
Thankyou for the links S=F.

MSM desensitising?..........

edit on 12-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueshow11
cool

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

I'm not sure which is more annoying. One-line posts, or one-line posts followed by a return and the text "second line".

edit on 12-9-2010 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join