It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics - Victims of DisInfo and Brainwashing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I honestly have no clue how peopel deny the logic and evidence that alien life exists and has existed on this planet for thousands, if not millions of years.

I was thinking today maybe they have been brainwashed so bad their brains can;t comprehend the truth and they are determiend to debunk everything they deem unordinary.

But seriously, to the hardcore skeptics who think in this universe we are the only intelligent life, I pity you. You need to do soem soul searching.

Before you skeptics say: OMFG WTFBBQ Maybe ur the 1 that isz brainwashed!!11!, please put together all of the ancient evidence, current evidence including videos and picture evidence. Think about all of the ancient monuments (and Jesus FFS don't get me started on the Baalbek and Pyramids), ancient depictions of the same 'gods' around the world, and millions of credible eyewitness accounts of things in our airspace we don't know about.

I have an open mind, and through 4 years (so far) of researching this I have coem to the conclusion which is obviously stated in this post.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I do not think you will find many people who think that other intelligent life does not exist in the universe. Considering the number of planets and the age of the universe most people can accept that as a reasonable possiblity without hard proof. However if people are to believe aliens have been coming here building the occasional pyramid, mutilating a couple of cows every so often, making crop circles, flying around with their lights on then zipping off so they can be video taped, giving the odd anal probe, and building secret UFO bases underground then people are going to need something concrete. Most people have an intrest in subject but, the massive amount of hoxes and straight up bunk used by so many to sell books, DVDs, and other crap kind of makes finding anything legit very hard. I think most people are very open to the idea but, with nothing legit and solid to offer them they will remian skeptics.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You really need a second thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15bd0ff9fb97.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The 9 to 5 working person does not think about aliens, nor do aliens interact with them on a daily basis, which is why when someone like us tries to tell them the evidence, they just laugh because they think in their heart of hearts they are right, if I lacked logic and reasoning, I would laugh too.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I use to be a hard core believer but after being on this site for years (earlier under a different name) it has made me more into one that needs the proof more than outright belief in every claim. Just because someone believes in most anything "out there" does not tally up to an open mind, actually it shows the inability to think for ones self.

I have never been brainwashed and resent the accusation as many probably do on the site. But I have seen so many claims and hoaxes it makes one weary with the years. There is not one shred of evidence that alien had anything to do with Earth's progress or structures. There is no place that I can think of that people flock to on vacation to look at the alien technology or structures. At least its not advertised by travel agencies or media.

Everything terrestrial has an Earth based theory, written or oral history,legend,glyphs, to go along with some alien claims and neither sometimes have came up sounding so great. People tend to lean toward the one theory that explains the claim to some satisfaction, true or not. There are some artifacts so old or long forgotten that a guess can only be made at what they were used for or intoned so its easy to attribute it to the supernatural much like our ancestors did.

closed mind/open mind are both bad for research when taken in this light. To validate and prove existence one needs to think and believe without throwing false flags into the public arena. This is what has the community in such a rut IMO. That's my story anyway, one that use to follow claims to one weary of them because of the money machine that Ufology has become with the books,theories,seminars, and websites, etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hang on...this thread is still active? I thought the mods were shutting down these redundant closed-minded waste-of-bandwidth threads.

Well, since it's still around, I'll bite...

Originally posted by Mooradian
I was thinking today maybe they have been brainwashed so bad their brains can;t comprehend the truth and they are determiend to debunk everything they deem unordinary.

Ah yes, there is no such thing as genuine disagreement. Anyone who disagrees with you is brainwashed or a disinformation agent.

But seriously, to the hardcore skeptics who think in this universe we are the only intelligent life, I pity you. You need to do soem soul searching.

You are doing nothing but rehearsing your own prejudices.

Originally posted by Mooradian (and Jesus FFS don't get me started on the Baalbek and Pyramids)

Oh, we'll be sure not to do that. Enough ignorant garbage has already been vomited into these forums...

I have an open mind...

The evidence says otherwise.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think most people don't believe they're here because they haven't seen an ET themselves, and the establishment says they're not here.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Okay.. simple question.

Someone explain how the Baalbek isnt a structure of alien origin

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

There are many threads about that subject, one happening right now, on these forums.

Or, you could tell us how it is an alien structure. This will be great.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Skeptics - Victims of DisInfo and Brainwashing?

No, we're the ones who remind believers of possibilities, facts and truth to prevent disinfo and brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Okay.. simple question.

Are you trying to say that the Romans were alien?

Baalbek (Arabic: بعلبك‎) is a town in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon, altitude 1,170 metres (3,840 ft), situated east of the Litani River. It is famous for its exquisitely detailed yet monumentally scaled temple ruins of the Roman period, when Baalbek, then known as Heliopolis, was one of the largest sanctuaries in the Empire. It is Lebanon's greatest Roman treasure, and it can be counted among the wonders of the ancient world. It contains the largest and most noble Roman temples ever built, and they are among the best preserved. Towering high above the Beqaa plain, their monumental proportions proclaimed the power and wealth of Imperial Rome. The gods worshiped here, the Triad of Jupiter, Venus and Bacchus, were grafted onto the indigenous deities of Hadad, Atargatis and a young male god of fertility. Local influences are also seen in the planning and layout of the temples, which vary from the classic Roman design.

Baalbek - Wikipedia

edit on 11/9/2010 by nerbot because: added link, quote and this sillyness: bibble, babble, bobble ;-)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
nm

edit on 11/9/10 by masqua because: my mistake

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The OP is absolutely right. Skeptics and debunkers aren't actually of the "right mind" and should actually be classified as mentally retarded and possibly even second-citizens, due to their complete inability to swallow a truckload of half-baked ideas and anecdotes.

What kind of open minded, logical, reasonable person wouldn't just blindly agree to every crackpot, made up hypothesis without question?

Poor fools. They deserve all of your pity and more.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
The 9 to 5 working person does not think about aliens, nor do aliens interact with them on a daily basis, which is why when someone like us tries to tell them the evidence, they just laugh because they think in their heart of hearts they are right, if I lacked logic and reasoning, I would laugh too.
-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn working people! Stupid idiots trying to raise their kids and feed them! Illogical fools!
Someone like us huh?

You both write like teenagers.
You don't know half of what you think you do, get over yourselves!

The OP is one dogmatic, closed minded and self righteous kid!
Slow down, learn a little.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
is this guy for real?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I honestly have no clue how peopel deny the logic and evidence that alien life exists and has existed on this planet for thousands, if not millions of years.
Are you skeptical of all the information that argues against the claim you make in this comment. If so, is it a result of brainwashing and dis-info that has inspired your own conclusion that " alien life exists and has existed on this planet for thousands, if not millions of years".

Are you being skeptical of the skeptics. Has your skepticism of the skeptics been inspired by dis-info and brain washing?

Why are you asking skeptics to search their souls for an answer relating to the question of the existence of intelligent life?
This seem like an absurd proposition to put to skeptics. You are essentially asking them to find evidence of alien life in an abstract religious concept.

Before you skeptics say: OMFG WTFBBQ Maybe ur the 1 that isz brainwashed!!11!
Prove that you are not.

, please put together all of the ancient evidence, current evidence including videos and picture evidence.
skeptics don't claim ancient artifacts relate to evidence of alien existence, people like you do!

Think about all of the ancient monuments (and Jesus FFS don't get me started on the Baalbek and Pyramids), ancient depictions of the same 'gods' around the world, and millions of credible eyewitness accounts of things in our airspace we don't know about.
What I did was research the evolution of supernatural beliefs within societies and then I also looked at the progression of the belief of Aliens/ET's. One can track a progressive trend in updating older and more traditional supernatural beliefs with a new one that is acceptable by our dominant cultural paradigm of Science and Technology.
This result in people going back and accounting for certain "myths" and aspects of ancient cultures with more myths.
In fact I am now looking at some of the concepts raised by Jung or Campbell with archetype myth and symbology and how this is starting to present in Alien/ET mythology as an agent of change in cultural contemporary thinking.

I have an open mind, and through 4 years (so far) of researching this I have coem to the conclusion which is obviously stated in this post.
All you have clearly stated is that you are skeptical of skeptics. This, by your own admission, may mean that you are prone to dis-info and brainwashing.
The question is, are you open to that possibility, because you also state clearly that you have an open mind.

edit on 11/9/10 by atlasastro because: I was skeptical of my original unedited post.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why This Thread Is Closed

I realize a fellow mod directed members here from a similar thread, but the fact is that threads like these don't belong on ATS.

First off, the premise of the thread is a straw man argument which mischaracterizes skepticism and rejects rational discussion. It's not a topic that even relates to the forum purview of aliens and UFOs, but is rather a blanket condemnation of critical thinking.

Secondly, the OP takes the form of an ad hominem argument that serves only to insult members who choose not to agree with your opinions. Such arguments have no place here.

This is ATS. You will encounter perspectives that differ from yours.

Discussion here depends on the ability to respect different points of view and confine your comments to the topics these forums were intended to address -- none of which include your opinions about other members.

Your opinions on the subjects of aliens and UFOs, however, will always be welcome, provided they are expressed in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join