It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all this "ONENESS" and "ETERNAL LOVE" Nonsense!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Oneness... I love the idea of contemplating one's own worth.

We're shaven apes that need to know that a magical Zookeeper
will watch over us.
Our lives are mundane, many genuinely 'zest' them up with helping
others, playing out private story roles -where we are the star of the show.
Some help others to make themselves feel better and some prey on their
own kind to ease sufferings of their past.
Some keep their heads down and wait for the end.

Whatever the way we move our lifetime along, we're all wondering about
that dark hallway where nobody has returned from.
Do we have a soul? ... oh, we hope so and we convince ourselves that
that feeling inside is our soul... our 'me'
I mean... what would be the point of me being here, if I just 'wink out' after
a time... ? we will all have that thought at some time in our lives.

Are we part of something bigger and more complex?
I don't know... but I'm safe in the knowledge that nobody else knows either.
I can believe though... and I'll fight tooth and nail, I'll debate until the cows
come home to make it so that I'll not feel small and insignificant.

Whether your perception of life exists until your body and mind break down
and then your awareness as a living thing stops or you glow, sprout wings,
be absorbed into the greater light or just plain come back without any
memory...

Your memoirs of that 'other place won't be typed here.

Don't you find it odd that a rule that states that a living person dies and:

Goes to heaven...
Or resides with his/her passed-on loved ones...
Come back to Earth to endure another life...
Any other 'supernatural' reason...

... can't ever be broken or proved?

What force prevents a departed telling a TV medium that your Uncle Charlie says
"It's all true and the secret deal we agreed to -to prove this point, as been adhered to?
No... he tells you that he loves you and relates the whereabouts of his favourite lost
socks.

We can scramble about here, coming up with theories, hopes and dreams, but I can
safely say this:
When your body or/mind fails and all the kings men can't keep that complex machine you've
been wandering around in -operating and breathing... you're gone.

White light, harps, flames or clouds... we here back on the mainland will never know.

Now... go get some ice cream.

edit on 12-9-2010 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

You are a wise person...

Most do not realise that they are who they choose to be.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
now just to put it out there so there are no preconceived notions about me,

i am pro elitist,
pro new world order,
pro illuminati,

I'm already confused.

Are you saying you're a supporter of being manipulated, abused, and killed by people who think they're better than just, just because?

We are all one = we are all part of the universe.

The universe is one thing: "uni" means "one."

We are all one thing: the universe.

So from a universal perspective, we are all one.

QED

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
If you're busy sitting crossed-legged and meditating on love, you won't bother with everything else. Therefore, you are easy to manipulate and trample all over. Perfect!

Actually it's the other way around.

When you meditate, you can't do what our perverted leaders want us to do, or care or worry about what they want you to care and worry about, or fight in their wars or be employed in immoral positions of society.

Meditating is finding contentment and wisdom inside of yourself, instead of constantly seeking it from external experiences. Most people trash-talk meditation because they themselves are totally incapable of sitting still and dealing with their own selves for any amount of time. They are so polarized against the light that they literally cannot even sit still and simply be content with themselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oneness is a scientific fact in many ways. In fact, if it wasn't for science, I don't think I would have ever realized that all is one.

Just to start...All atoms, all molecules, have a weak magnetic force. That is one neat fact I like to remember.

Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses NAVPERS 10622 - Chapter 11 - Magnetism

"According to the accepted theory of magnetism, every atom and molecule has a weak north pole and a weak south pole. Actually that is saying that atoms and molecules are tiny magnets."

Magnets share their magnetic force with each other when they are near each other, or touching each other. So your entire body which is made of countless numbers of "magnets", and the air around your body which is made of countless numbers of "magnets", are touching each other and sharing their magnetic force with each other. So you are connected to the air, and the air is connected to everyone and everything else by force.

To further make a point, you breathe air. It enters your lungs, mixes with your body, and becomes a part of your body, and is used to animate your body. Without the air, your brain would die, you would die. The air is a part of your body...

Knowledge is power, and knowing this fact about air can lead you to knowing you are one with Earth. Knowing you are one with Earth should change your actions, and if everyone knew it, everyones actions should change. It should make you think twice about polluting the air, which is a part of your body, and everyones body, including animals. This knowledge could benefit you in the end, with clean air, and cleaner living, and other ways like respecting the Earth, etc..

To go even further with knowing you are one with Earth, you have to think about the things your body is made of. Here is a list;

Oxygen (65%), Carbon (18%), Hydrogen (10%), Nitrogen (3%), Calcium (1.5%), Phosphorus (1.0%), Potassium (0.35%), Sulfur (0.25%), Sodium (0.15%), Magnesium (0.05%), Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%), Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts).

All these substances make up your entire body, and can be found around Earth. You ARE the Earth. You are basically a part of the Earth which came to life. Those elements above are Earth's body, and Earth's body became YOU. You are like Earth's brain, Earth's consciousness. In fact, all animals and all life on Earth is Earth's consciousness.

Going further...the magnetism from the Earth is absorbed into every tiny magnet in your body, so you are definitely connected by force. However your apparent independence from the Earth makes you think differently. Because of the fact that you can move around, and leave the Earth if you wished, it makes you feel you are separate from the Earth, but you are not. You could argue that because you can be detached, and because of the apparent separation, that you are not a part of the Earth, but you would still be wrong in many ways.

Everything you eat; plants, animals, minerals, vitamins, etc... become a part of your body. You use other parts of Earth's body to build your body. However, in reality, there is only ONE body which is made of parts. You are ONE with the Earth, and that is a fact. Knowledge is power, and knowing this can and will benefit you and everyone. Philosophically, this knowledge should get you to see that everyone and everything around you, is a part of YOU. If everyone understood this, it could make the world a better place. People would understand that we are all in this together, working for the same goal. We are all family, we are all "one and the same". You should treat others how you want to be treated because those others ARE YOU. They are a part of your body.

To go even further... Every action you do on Earth effects things around you. You breathe in oxygen, breathe out carbon dioxide. Trees breathe in carbon dioxide, breathe out oxygen. You are connected with the trees in a system. In fact, you are connected with all animals and plants in the same system.

Also the water on Earth is a part of another system, without it there would be no life. You consume water, it becomes a part of you and gives you life. You use it to clean your system, and to cool your body. Water passes through you, and is absorbed into the sky and ground. This same water rains down and feeds all plants and fills oceans and lakes. It is circulated through you and all life in the same system.

Another thing to realize is the knowledge about electrons. Electrons can flow through your body, and other elements. You are constantly sharing your electrons with the Earth, and other elements and objects on Earth. These electrons are the same electrons that create lightning. In fact, the electrons that make lightning have probably passed through your body before. It probably also passed through your computer to make it turn on, and the light in your room to help you see. I'm definitely sure it passed through you and to a door knob or two. From your hair, and carpet, to the lips of your loved one in the form of a static electric shock. Electrons are all over the place, and passing through the air too. You are connected to everything electrically in a way.

I can go on for ages talking about the many ways you are connected with Earth, and all life on Earth, and all things on Earth, by force, and through systems, and philosophically, and many other ways.... but I will move on now. I think by now you should understand that you are ONE with Earth, and YOU ARE Earth, just as the blood that circulates in your body is you.

Now we must go even further, and you must think how the Earth is connected to the rest of the Universe. This is a bit harder because of our lack of understanding of the Universe, but there is much evidence which can help.

Magnetism... The Earth is a giant magnet, and all atoms and molecules on Earth are tiny magnets. All planets have at least some magnetic field, although some are weak. However, the Sun has one giant magnetic field that reaches all planets and must in some may magnetize the rest of the planets. I personally believe the entire solar system is connected by magnetic forces.

But, lets talk about light.... There is no such thing as darkness (absence of light). It is a myth. That "darkness" that you see between the stars, there is actually light passing in between there. The "darkness" that you see around the moon at night... there is a LOT of light there. If you were looking at Earth from far away, you would see a "darkness" between the Sun and the Earth, however, there is nothing but light between them. The "darkness" is an illusion. In fact, because the entire universe is filled with stars emitting light in all directions, there is no direction which is without light! From every place on Earth you can see stars, this is because light from the stars is reaching every place on Earth. There is no "darkness" between the Earth and the stars. There is no "darkness" at all. Everything that is visible, is connected by streams of light.

....and the paragraph above is only talking about visible light. Visible light is only the part of light we can see. However, light has different wavelengths which we can't see. The entire spectrum of electromagnetic radiation is light. Example; Radio waves are light, and you can't see them. So when you think you are in a dark room with no light, think again, if you get a radio signal that means there is light all around you. In fact, parts of your body emit light, it was proven that your fingernails emit light. Heck, the heat from your body is light. I am also of the belief that all matter is made of light, but that is another subject.

My point is, there is no darkness. I dare you to give me an example of darkness, and I bet you I will find light where you think there is darkness.

All things are connected by electromagnetic radiation (light). All things are connected magnetically. All things are a part of a system. All things combined together are ONE object.

If you could fly to the edge of the universe (if there was one), and then fly far, far, far, away, and then look back at it. It would look like ONE object. We are ONE object made of many parts, just like your body is one object made of many parts. All parts have a purpose, including you, and the lifeless rocks.

Knowing that YOU ARE THE UNIVERSE can remove all fear, and fear of death. The universe can not be destroyed and will exist for ever. We are immortal. Although we may change forms many times, we will never die.

WE ARE ONE.

With that said...

1 John 1:5
"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."

edit on 12-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Thanks for that eloquent reply Tayesin,

If I am being offensive in any way it is truly my ignorance. I know nothing about any of this but I am enjoying the quest!!!

Direct communing with the Source/god/universe Feels like Unconditional Love.

To you.... I mean, "feels like" is subjective to begin with. I have never had any special teaching or class in meditating or connective-ness. I have been practicing judo since I was 4 years old.

Daily part of my training used to exist of exhausting your body to your highest possible limit and then getting your heart rate back to normal as fast as possible. This sounds extreme but it used to be nothing more than running up and down the dojo for 1 minute and then lay down for 30 seconds. (or running up a sand dune with your partner on your back...
)

Those 30 seconds you would have to clear you head of everything! You would basically find an imaginary place within your body were you would put all of your "essence" in, all that is you but without the body. You could leave all doubt, all questioning, everything behind and just be.

Now I really have no idea if this is what you guys refere to as meditating but that is what I get from it. It is not those 30 seconds, mind you. I have spent many hours returning to that state without the physical exhaustion part.

No questioning gives me an incredible sense of peace......although it could be love.

you haven't as yet Felt this Unconditional Love.

I was hiking over this hill recently and just as I reached the top, the sun broke through and illuminated the beautiful landscape below me. I must have stood there for 5 minutes, motionless. No thought, just amazement. I felt this enormous feeling of beauty and love. It was so beautiful it made me cry......I felt like I had to thank somebody for that amazing experience....

Is that what you are talking about??

Much respect,

Peace

edit on 12-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Interesting post. I agree to some level, but not entirely.

Fluffy new age tripe. Get real!

'I came to bring a sword' said Jesus...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

So they say, that is.....

Those words sure dont match his nature of the other things acclaimed to him, but I dont take anything past onto us as absolute.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
I was hiking over this hill recently and just as I reached the top, the sun broke through and illuminated the beautiful landscape below me. I must have stood there for 5 minutes, motionless. No thought, just amazement. I felt this enormous feeling of beauty and love. It was so beautiful it made me cry......I felt like I had to thank somebody for that amazing experience....

Is that what you are talking about??

Yes Feeling is subjective, but they are the only words we have to somehow explain how it does feel to most people.

Oh, and no offence is taken with anything you have said or ask.. it's all good.

And a really big YES to the last question, the connection Feeling that filled you to crying in Joy.. yes that is what I'm talking about... and thank you so much for sharing your experience of it and explaining it so easily.

That's made my day reading about it too. Thanks You.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin,

You know, your posts just radiate kindness.

I have a question. Is empathy connected in all of this somehow??

Reason I ask is because I have always been very empathic. I have always had a connection with most things in life, to the point where I can feel and think what others are feeling and thinking (not just people). It is as though my normal, awake state lies very near this feeling of "unconditional love". Not always the "awe" moment but always the immense feeling of love.

So when I meditate, I strive to also leave these feelings behind. If only to escape this constant notion that I have to help people. I strive to not care but to just be....

I thank you for explaining it to me and I will try and adjust my techniques so that I focus more on the unconditional love, when meditating.

Peace (and love)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think Oneness and enternal love blah blah blah is a blah blah blah

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
I think Oneness and enternal love blah blah blah is a blah blah blah

I envy your certainty.....

Me, I am still being dragged along by doubt in this thing called life.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

If half the world had a deadly communicable disease the whole world would die of it.
We all breathe the same air.
Read Bucky Fuller - consider Spaceship Earth.
We are just a giant terrarium floating in space.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I have a question. Is empathy connected in all of this somehow??

So when I meditate, I strive to also leave these feelings behind. If only to escape this constant notion that I have to help people. I strive to not care but to just be....

I thank you for explaining it to me and I will try and adjust my techniques so that I focus more on the unconditional love, when meditating.

Peace (and love)

Yes. You know, when I read your question I had to stop for a second and feel empathy from a memory. What it told me is, we sense disharmony in the energy and that Love we spoke off urges us to respond. How does that feel for you?

You don't have to help people, as in go out into the world doing good works, those who seek what you have come to you naturally. One meditation .. just a word.. that can provide the experience of Unconditional Love is what I call the White Light Method.. linky in my signature.

We try to avoid lots of thoughts when meditating, and on some paths people train many years to learn to hush the mind's chatter in order to reach deep meditation. I find one of the simplest ways to do that is to focus our attention on what we Intend. We could call it active meditations. And with practice.. not a lot.. people get the experience they Intended.

Once we do, you know we discover that Unconditional Love is inside us. It was there all the time. Only now we can choose in each moment of our day to raise or "power up' and share it around.

The first book I offer people to read is The Celestine Prophecy. Because it easily teaches about energy, how we compete for it amongst ourselves, and how to power up when the mind loses focus.. and we feel as if we are being Drained.

What you did on the hill was look around you, see the beauty in everything there, and Unconditional Love rose up from inside you.

So you can do that anytime, anywhere, by choosing it. And so too can you share how with others who come to you with their scattered minds out of focus.

I love how things happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ahh man this thread grew fast,

i tried to read through this before class (U of T - third year) but i only got halfway and i dont have internet at home (damn viruses) so the next time i have an hour or two to spare (most likely tomorrow) i will sit down and formulate a response to some of the arguments given,

thanks for posting and remember,

"Human reality is just imposed purpose." (tankthinker)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

He also said (allegedly) 'Do you have a sword? If not, sell your cloak to buy one'.

He scourged the money changers, and lost his rag at the religious hypocrites.

He's a realist - and I believe he's the Son of God. We don't have principles for nothing. The prophets were always lamenting evildoers, declaring how much they hated them. The LORD responded often by saying he would cut them (evildoers) off from the land, that they would be victims of sudden catastrophe (etc), and of the End Of Days, He said people would pray the mountains fall on them so they can escape his wrath.

I think you're cherry picking the bits you like about Jesus and ignoring the fact that he was all about Justice as well. The Word is a 'two-edged sword'. Those who heed find mercy; those who ignore or stand against find wrath. And that's only when they've been given every opportunity to turn from their sin and cease their persecutions of the righteous (those justified by a simple faith, who try to do good in the world).

Incidentally, the Illuminati (or the secret societies that are indicated as such by the OP) are at the highest level Satanists, and they fall into the category of evildoers, who sin in the full knowledge of what they do. For what reason, I have no idea. So, OP - you following Satan or what?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by strangleholder1

Finally If! we are one then my lust for afterlife revenge is as valid as your mercenary lust for spiritual progression.

You are very correct here with what you have said. It is just as valid.

If that is what you seek for, that is what you are in need of learning about in this life (well probably more so 'after' this life).

Perhaps what you are seeking is the realization that your reply means nothing and is not in any way, accepted by me...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I dislike the word but if I have to use it ...

That's the kind of Oneness I'd like.
Just to be ...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

The answer it seems you seek, possibly more strongly than you care to admit, is easy.

To live a life by love, is to live a life with no fear, no regrets, and with the understanding that though the road that led me here may indeed have been a living hell at points - were it not for the cruelty of others and the hardships endured I would not be the strong (yet gentle), compassionate (yet discerning), optimistic (yet cautious), completely imperfect (yet completely aware of this) husband and father that I am today.

Compassion, humility, honesty, and fearlessness. These are the virtues that I strive for. Not because they are easy to attain, but rather the opposite. I believe there is a time and place for all emotions, and all virtues.

Regardless of which side of the coin you choose, Love and Hate are nonetheless the same coin still. One must seek balance in life, and in my opinion, more people have become aware of the need for balance through the side of love, than through the side of hate. Destruction is easy, any child can destroy. If you seek a true challenge, try creating something instead.

So, from the viewpoint of one who seeks balance in all things, it's really only a matter of which side you choose to let rule your life : the side that thinks only of the Self, or the side that thinks instead of others first.

i enjoyed your post and i largely agree with what you say to an extent of course, one thing i will mention is that everything humans do, every act is out of selfishness.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

The above has to be addressed because it is the basis of why you do not feel the oneness. All of the above is about ego. Once you rid yourself of ego the separation from the divine will fade.

oook... being pro illuminati is about ego, and yet being pro divine and anti illuminati isn't about ego, yup makes perfect sense!!!

to tell you the truth i battle versus ego everyday, i am extremely humble, im am hugely less egotistic then many of the people i know, but i dont feel closer to the divine, i just feel a better sense of control over myself and enviornment.

Ego will fight tooth and nail for its continued existence. An ego driven person will get angry and not want to hear of oneness or divinity because ego needs to feel its unique to survive. The thought of your particular personality being part of the entity is a direct threat to your existence because you are still of ego.

Ego need material wealth and power to prop up its existence. You want the new Porsche because it will make your ego stand out above others. A spiritually mature person that has shed ego needs no recognition because this person understands that we are all of the one and does not need material confirmation for existence.

i realize all of this but you misunderstand its not the idea of oneness that bothers me, yes there is scientific proof for it, yes it may be true, no i dont have a problem with that,

the part of my ego that i do have is perfectly content with illusioned separation, the thought of reality being oneness doesnt bother me in the least,

what i dont like is the fact that people read it somewhere, come on to the forum and preach it like its Christianity after Constantine got his hands on it!!!

btw how do you know that shedding all ego does this, have you done it?

The elite are very intelligent but like a child that wants things just to have them they will drive themselves to chasing the cheese just like any animal. Once the cheese is no longer as important is when you take the first step to being a mature human being.

A perfect example of ego out of balance with spirit yet intelligent is Adolph Hitler, Joesph Stalin, or Pol Pot. This type of elitist tyrant will never understand oneness because it threaten ego.

To understand this you should start by reading the "Power of Now" by Eckart Tolle. He shows what spirit/oneness is by pointing out what ego is. Then you may realize what oneness is not.

Good luck in you Sojourn, I hope you find you way.

edit on 11-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: becaue I am retarded

if you have never been a part of the elite how do you know what they are like, and please dont assume that the people on TV or talked about here on the forum are the true elite, they are just scapegoats.

you never knew Hitler personally or any of those others, why would you assume that you are so special to know the truth about life from reading some books and websites, when these people had access to the most ancient and secret knowledge in existence, how do you know that what they did wasn't some sort of balance?

also i have read the "Power of Now", its a compelling book that offers a great perspective and i have tried and succeeded in accomplishing some of the exercises that he has there but what i felt wasnt "oneness" but something else, besides i know other teachings that are much more ego oriented that produce the same effect.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join