It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Marks the 9th Aniversary of the 911 Tragedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Greetings ATS. Today marks the 9th Anniversary of the 911 Tragedy.

Let us reflect upon the lives that have been lost since then.

Let us reflect upon the wars that have been fought since then.

Let us Reflect upon the Political Landscape as it has evolved here in America since then.

Let us pray... that America will endure yet for another year more..

God Willing... God Bless you All!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
With all due respect (sincerely) but let us not reflect on the wars that were fought or even the politics that are involved.

Instead let us remember all those innocent men and women who died on this day 9 years ago as well as feel for their friends and families.

That's what today should really be about IMHO.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Your avatar is cool. This would be a good day to do something for someone else. Maybe contribute to a food pantry, donate to you favorite charity or just do something nice for someone. God Bless America.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
As some of us fight to find out what really happened that day..

I dont think we should bring politics in to this day.. Just allow the day to be a day of rememberance of almost 3000 people who died for something stupid and un welcomed..

Today We look forward to seeing what happens and look at yesterday as something to learn.. I guess..

Anyway for the 3000 people who died on 9/11. We will never forget.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
9/11 was the day the world changed.

We can argue over the ins and outs of who, why and how? but what we should never forget is that our leaders (on both sides of the fence) let us down, they failed us all..

I have no idea what Bush/Rumsfeld/Kissenger/Osama or the Taliban are up to these days but for the past two weeks Tony Blair has been running around london getting the 5star treatment and calling for another war with another middle eastern country, this shows me that he has learned nothing. Hate with a smile is alive and well...

I don't know about any of you but I am sick and tired of the constant wars, I am tired of all the hate. This is my life and I will no longer let it be tainted by a hatred of people I will never meet, who live in a place I will never visit....

We have let this event in our collective history define us for long enough, we have listened to the hate mongers for 9 years and I ask you this.....Are we any safer? Have we prospered? The road our leaders choose for us, was it right?

Next year will be the tenth anniversary, a decade will have passed...With all the latest "Pastor" threads we can see that in nine years our attitudes are still being manipulated through the media. It's not good for us....

We have one year left to make a start on healing the scars left by 9/11 and everything that followed it. So! I proposed this ATS....for one year, lets stop being at war with each other...For one year as a collective of bright young/ish things lets show the outside world why we are different and bring a new change in time for the ten year anniversary......

edit on 11-9-2010 by strangleholder1 because: knuckle dragging

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The night of 9/11, I found myself deeply saddened
And though I am known as a person that is usually
unaffected by the death of people and a non sensitive
person, not knowing a single soul that perished in those
buildings,... I cried,.. like they were a family member,..
My heart goes out to those that lost anyone that day..

top topics

join