It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something else going on????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I dont know bout you folks but this mosque in NYC and this pastor fella going to burn then not burn well maybe burn the Qur'an is getting WAY to much attention.... Is it that significant to where i just turned thru every major news channel and thats all they were talking about. Folks have burned all sorts of things in the past. I just dont understand all the intense media around it. Is there something else going on. Is this like the ol' Hey look at this over here while mt friends steal your horse over there. I dunno??? What do yo all think???

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

I completely agree with your statements. It's pretty clear what is really going on. This diversion of attention, the clever slight of hand, the misdirection.......they don't want us to know about Lindsay Lohan leaving rehab early.

DAMN THEM! WHEN WILL THESE COVER UPS STOP!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

I completely agree with your statements. It's pretty clear what is really going on. This diversion of attention, the clever slight of hand, the misdirection.......they don't want us to know about Lindsay Lohan leaving rehab early.

DAMN THEM! WHEN WILL THESE COVER UPS STOP!!!

I knew their was somthing nefarious like Lindsay Lohan being swept aside after all her name is Lindsay Lohan the double Ls must mean she is more powerful then the freemasons because L comes before M... great work Corny.

edit on 10-9-2010 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Thank you, thank you. I take great pride in my uncovering of injustices.

Really though...it is completely ridiculous the amount of coverage this book burning is getting. I think it's more 'let's all jump on the mistrust Muslims' bandwagon. But who knows, really.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
??? What do yo all think???

It has more to-do with USA and European industry being moved to India. Upset the Muslims the illuminati risk losing thier companies, which would cause exported companies moving back to the USA and Europe, losing the illuminati billions and decreasing profits.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I agree that these issues do seem to be getting an inordinate amount of attention.

Then again, if you look at ATS, you'll see dozens and dozens of threads on both issues, which suggests that it is a very popular talking point.

The reason that it gets so much coverage could be just down to fact that they know that these controversial subjects that polarise people's opinions will sell papers and get more viewers.

We all know that most media outlets aren't too hot on the moral side of things, so any repercussions that may arise from the widespread coverage, will probably not weigh too much on their consciences.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: Spelling errors.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It is to distract you from yourself, because that's where the real battle is.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RNDphase
It has more to-do with USA and European industry being moved to India. Upset the Muslims the illuminati risk losing thier companies, which would cause exported companies moving back to the USA and Europe, losing the illuminati billions and decreasing profits.

India is only about 10% Muslim.

They are mostly Hindus and Sikhs ( who haven't always traditionally got along with the Muslims ).

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's so ignorant that someone would burn their holy book just because it just so happens that the terrorists are Islamic. This pastor is Christian and he is doing something not very Christian like.... It's sad the ignorance that runs amok in the USA and throughout the world. People don't realize that Islam isn't a peaceful religion but at the same time everyone that is Muslim aren't terrorists. All this is doing is making things more complicated.

My wife is deployed to Bagram right now doing base defense. And she got recalled on her day off because there was over 700 protestors heading toward the base because of this moron back in the states. They were burning American flags and Bibles. He is going to get a lot more soldiers killed for a stupid reason. Screw him!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

There are twice as many Christians than Sikhs, Islam is second largest religion in India and it also controls some of India’s most prominent industry.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RNDphase
There are twice as many Christians than Sikhs, Islam is second largest religion in India and it also controls some of India’s most prominent industry.

Forgive me for my error, but it still doesn't detract from my main point that Islam is a minority religion in India.

It's true that there are many powerful Indian industrial tycoons that are Muslim, but I would have to see a comprehensive list of these to see whether there was any disproportionate representation of Muslims in these positions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

While Muslims are a minority by definition, 1 in 5 of a population of 1,028,610,328 is not really an insignificant amount. That added to the fact that Anti-American feelings run higher than anti-British in Hindus, a state that beggars belief.

the industrial arm of the illuminate is at risk of losing a lot.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RNDphase

It's certainly an interesting idea that you bring up.

I'll have to look more into it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
"The objective is to sustain the illusion that "America is under attack" and that Muslims across the land are complicit and supportive of "Islamic terrorism".

The demonization of Muslims sustains a global military agenda. Under the American inquisition, Washington has a self-proclaimed holy mandate to extirpate Islam and "spread democracy" throughout the world.

What we are dealing with is an outright and blind acceptance of the structures of power and political authority. America's holy crusade against the Muslim World is an outright criminal act directed against millions of people. It is a war of economic conquest."

www.globalresearch.ca...

If you haven't read any of the articles on this site, you haven't done your research.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Seems fairly obvious to me what's going on here.

TPTB are trying to refresh the resentment against Muslims in peoples minds, near the anniversary of 9/11.

Only thing is, a huge amount of people, all over the world are waking or have woken up to the fact that the official version of events of 9/11 are a total sham.

They need another angle.

What better way than to re-enact the crusades mindset, and pitch Christians against Muslims? It's worked in one way or another for many centuries, why should the 21st century be any different?

It's a bloated, stinking pile of propagandist coercion, aimed at pitting the dim witted against one another to revive a cold war environment, using divisions through religion instead of nations.

It's a good earner...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This whole sequence of events for me crystallises the reasons we need to ban all Organised Religions. Maybe this is what the media attention is about. Make it very clear how backward and stupid Religion really is.

Believe whatever you want to believe but don't believe it because you are being told to believe by an organisation.

Religion is the true evil in this world, and if it were not for religion there would be far more peace in the world!!!

Korg.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
This whole sequence of events for me crystallises the reasons we need to ban all Organised Religions. Maybe this is what the media attention is about. Make it very clear how backward and stupid Religion really is.

Why should organised religion be banned ?

Everybody has a free choice whether they want to adhere to it or not.

Believe whatever you want to believe but don't believe it because you are being told to believe by an organisation.

That's rather contradictory.

''Believe what you want to believe'' would include believing what an organisation told you to do, if you wanted to.

Religion is the true evil in this world, and if it were not for religion there would be far more peace in the world!!!

That's a bold statement, but I can't agree.

Humans naturally band together in groups, and carry out atrocities when the ''group mentality'' comes into play.

History has shown that groups of people kill over the most trivial of things, and religion can only be viewed as a symptom of the overall problem, rather than the cause: which is human nature.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Why should organised religion be banned ?

Everybody has a free choice whether they want to adhere to it or not.

Everyone is indeed free to choose, but religion is brainwashing plain and simple. Brainwashed people exhibit a form of addiction when concerning religion. It is amazing how many people will go against their core beliefs and feelings just because they were told that it was not right by their religious institute.

Religion erodes freedom. Religion is form of Mass Control method.

Religion should be banned to free the people from the tyranny of the overlords that run these stupendously rich and powerful organisations.

Religion should be banned to stop the killing in the name of, and the we are right you are wrong attitudes that breed hatred and war between peoples.

That's rather contradictory.

''Believe what you want to believe'' would include believing what an organisation told you to do, if you wanted to.

Not at all contradictory. People should have the right to believe in god or not. What people do not need however is some stupid ideal of what perfection is and attempt to get everyone to fit into that ideal. This is called oppression and oppression is not freedom is it?

Whats more is if you don't fit nice and snug into the ideal you are either a heretic or outcast and an Evil enemy of the religion and in some cases deserve to die a mortal death and then burn in hell....

Do you see????

This kind of thinking is crude, barbaric, primitive and should be stamped out by the people whom want to reach higher levels of social behaviour than religion.

That's a bold statement, but I can't agree.
Humans naturally band together in groups, and carry out atrocities when the ''group mentality'' comes into play.
History has shown that groups of people kill over the most trivial of things, and religion can only be viewed as a symptom of the overall problem, rather than the cause: which is human nature.

It is a Bold statement that I stand by.

Look at all the killing in the name of religion. Look at all the damage to children done by the brainwashing, look at the cost of the damage to countries infrastructure in the name of religion.

Without religion....

No War in the Middle east from any point in history... they have ALL been about religion.
No World War II
No religious conflict in Ireland
No Spanish inquisition
Etc.
EtcEtc.

I could go on and on....

I think this quote says it perfectly...

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

Peace be with you, but let God have no influence over your peace!!!

Korg.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Korg Trinity because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Everyone is indeed free to choose, but religion is brainwashing plain and simple. Brainwashed people exhibit a form of addiction when concerning religion. It is amazing how many people will go against their core beliefs and feelings just because they were told that it was not right by their religious institute.

That's not true, though.

If religion truly brainwashed people, then I suggest that we would be living in a far better world than we are today !

Every Christian would be ''loving thy neighbour'', ''turning the other cheek'' and ''doing unto others as they would unto them''.

This is clearly not the case, so the suggestion of it being a powerful brainwashing tool is moot.

If anything, I'd say it was the opposite; too many people hide behind their religions and twist them to justify what they personally want it to justify.

Or else they'll not ''practice what they preach'' - such as an anti-gay preacher being caught in a gay bar !

Religion should be banned to free the people from the tyranny of the overlords that run these stupendously rich and powerful organisations.

But by expressing this belief, then you are just becoming everything that you dislike about organised religions:
Intolerant, over-zealous, authoritarian and domineering.

What if organised religion was banned, and someone wanted to set up their own organised religion ?
How would you deal with them ? You'd percesute them or imprison them.

Can you not see the irony of this ?

Religion should be banned to stop the killing in the name of, and the we are right you are wrong attitudes that breed hatred and war between peoples.

People are killed en masse in the name of political ideologies, should we ban political parties, too ?
Hang on a minute, that doesn't sound quite such a bad idea...

Seriously though, can you still not see the irony in your comments ?

''Religion should be banned to stop the we are right, you are wrong attitudes''

Yes, because nothing stops the ''we are right, you are wrong attitudes'' more than banning someone's choice that you personally disagree with...

Not at all contradictory. People should have the right to believe in god or not. What people do not need however is some stupid ideal of what perfection is and attempt to get everyone to fit into that ideal. This is called oppression and oppression is not freedom is it?

It is contradictory.

You said ''believe what you want to believe'', which includes someone believing in a religion, and believing the mouthpiece of that organised religion, if they want to.

Or did you actually mean: ''Believe what I'll let you believe'' ?

It cannot be oppression, if you are a wilful recipient of the ''oppression''.

Whats more is if you don't fit nice and snug into the ideal you are either a heretic or outcast and an Evil enemy of the religion and in some cases deserve to die a mortal death and then burn in hell....

Do you see????

There's nothing to see.

I personally think that you are giving religion far too much credence. If religion is all a load of baloney, then more fool the followers, surely ?

No one forces you to believe or disbelieve in anything.

This kind of thinking is crude, barbaric, primitive and should be stamped out by the people whom want to reach higher levels of social behaviour than religion.

It is a Bold statement that I stand by.

Look at all the killing in the name of religion. Look at all the damage to children done by the brainwashing, look at the cost of the damage to countries infrastructure in the name of religion.

Look at all the killing that isn't done in the name of religion. Examples such as the Soviet Union, China, Cambodia, and moire recently terrible conflicts in places like Rwanda, DR Congo, Sierra Leone etc. which aren't done in the name of religion, should make you realise that religion is a symptom of a problem, not the cause.

Look at the non-religious brainswashing done to children. Everybody raises their children with a set of values or philosophies, which carry as much weight as religious teachings.

Without religion....

No War in the Middle east from any point in history... they have ALL been about religion.
No World War II
No religious conflict in Ireland
No Spanish inquisition
Etc.
EtcEtc.

I could go on and on....

Sorry, this is flawed reasoning, as we have know way of knowing how history would've panned out without religion. It may have been less violent, it may have been more violent. But we'll never know.

Also, WWII was hardly a religious conflict, and NI is every bit an ethnic and socio-economic conflict ( the real reason for most conflicts ) as it is religious.

I think this quote says it perfectly...

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

With respect, that comment doesn't really make an awful lot of sense.

If a ''good'' person does evil, then they are in fact, ''evil''.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
I dont know bout you folks but this mosque in NYC and this pastor fella going to burn then not burn well maybe burn the Qur'an is getting WAY to much attention.... Is it that significant to where i just turned thru every major news channel and thats all they were talking about. Folks have burned all sorts of things in the past. I just dont understand all the intense media around it. Is there something else going on. Is this like the ol' Hey look at this over here while mt friends steal your horse over there. I dunno??? What do yo all think???

Because it is something that the media outlets can latch onto, and trace back to 9/11. You will never be allowed to forget, and it will always be brought up in a manner of their choosing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join