It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified Information in the United States, Above top secret security clearance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wikipedia describes, Above Top Secret Security Clearance as 'Various UFO conspiracies mention a level "above top secret" used for UFO design information and related data'. However I usually search USA.gov (The official US Government search engine) for classified information, for I believe that someone might accidentally posted classified information on a Government website, and people have done this, for example I have found pages on were the secretive 'Delta Force' trains and recruits off base, I have not posted this online because it would be foolish as terrorists may see it and want to assassinate America's elite Special Operations Force Operators.

Anyway I searched it today and found a USAF article on 'Above Top Secret' (not the website) Heres the link

If you don't want to read the whole page just press 'ctrl f' and search for 'above'. also if no one has heard of the National Security Archive have a look at it here
I also found this link in another thread that looks at 'top secret America'. click here to view it

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
That above refers to the clearance described in the above section not some mystical above top secret clearance. If such a thing existed it more than likely would have its own name.

cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by who_sright?
That above refers to the clearance described in the above section not some mystical above top secret clearance. If such a thing existed it more than likely would have its own name.

cheers

I agree. What gives it away is the word above is not capitalized whereas Top Secret is.
I think it would definitely be hidden in coding throughout or localized to a specific code word or phrase, if such a thing were to exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
this goes deeper than youll EVER KNOW >_>>_>>_>>_>>_>>_>>_>>_>>_>

2nd line

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think they have a scale like E-1, E-2 ect..... They gave me E-4 once, I could have hung out with the president if I wanted to. When you get E-5 you get to go fly the spaceships they have at area 51.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Anything that is really above top secret does not exist. In other words it isn't called anything like COSMIC, or MAJESTIC etc.

Besides,
STARGATES, Looking Glass Technology, Manipulation of Timelines, Offworld-Undersea Bases, and ET interaction doesn't need to be classified.

It is so absurd everyone just laughs it off as nonsense and all the people that dont think its nonsense are laughed at by the people that think its all nonsense.

"The believers and non believers keep each other in check with group think".
The ones that have had genuine dealings with these things and disclose refer to the quote above

No classification required...no need to hide it.

edit on 14-9-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I had one of them there Top secrets.

I also think I know where them there triangle UFO'S come from (at least one place) NAS Lemoore.

Lot of stuff there. (I was there off and on for awhile) saw alot of weird stuf flying around whilst in the Airwing.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There are quite a few compartmentalized designations of Top Secret having to do with specific projects or aspects of national security. When I was in the Air Force, I had a Top Secret "SIOP-ESI" designation. I can't tell you what it means, but it didn't have anything to do with the time travelers.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think mine was : the secret ingredients in sloppy Joes for Navy chow hall" Man I use to wolf that stuff down!!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Something people dont typically realize about clearances is that once you get to "top secret" it is not a single clearance but a secret clearance for the specified project or operation. In other words even if you have a Top Secret clearance, you dont have access to everything. With that in mind, there is not much reason to have a clearance above top secret...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by s7ryk3r
Something people dont typically realize about clearances is that once you get to "top secret" it is not a single clearance but a secret clearance for the specified project or operation. In other words even if you have a Top Secret clearance, you dont have access to everything. With that in mind, there is not much reason to have a clearance above top secret...

This is pretty much correct. What you have is compartmentalization and special access programs. You need be in position that is slotted for such information and the number of slots is generaly limited.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze and amuse me how people are determined to make something out of nothing. A rudimentary knowledge of language structure would reveal that the "above" in the article refers to the mention of top secret in earlier in the same paragraph. There are three levels of clearances, Confidential, Secret and Top Secret. What civilian conspiracy buffs like to call "above" top secret is what the bureaucracy calls "Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)" or, i.g., need to know.

"AFRL intends to team with one or more U.S. intelligence agencies, and may desire that offerors selected for award would perform in collaboration with those agencies. Key Performers of prospective awardees whose activities would involve collaboration with the Intelligence Community must hold a current Top Secret Department of Defense (DoD) clearance and be approved for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), or be eligible for the timely granting of such clearance and access. A sufficient number of non-key performers to enable the effective accomplishment of the proposed research effort must also hold a Top Secret DoD clearance with SCI access, or be eligible for the timely granting of such clearance and access. In addition, prospective awardees whose activities would be associated with the Intelligence Community must also possess a current DoD Top Secret Facility clearance and an approved SCI Facility (SCIF). Offerors desiring consideration for awards involving collaboration with the Intelligence Community shall identify key personnel and enabling support staff satisfying the above Top Secret DoD clearance and SCI access requirement; shall certify their DoD Top Secret Facility clearance; and, shall detail their organization's approach to maintaining separation of unclassified and classified activities, and controlling need-to-know."

Originally posted by kellerman
Wikipedia describes, Above Top Secret Security Clearance as 'Various UFO conspiracies mention a level "above top secret" used for UFO design information and related data'. However I usually search USA.gov (The official US Government search engine) for classified information, for I believe that someone might accidentally posted classified information on a Government website, and people have done this, for example I have found pages on were the secretive 'Delta Force' trains and recruits off base, I have not posted this online because it would be foolish as terrorists may see it and want to assassinate America's elite Special Operations Force Operators.

Anyway I searched it today and found a USAF article on 'Above Top Secret' (not the website) Heres the link

If you don't want to read the whole page just press 'ctrl f' and search for 'above'. also if no one has heard of the National Security Archive have a look at it here
I also found this link in another thread that looks at 'top secret America'. click here to view it

edit on 16-9-2010 by pacific_waters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here's how security clearances work.

To have a security clearance granted to you, you must first have an investigation authorizing you for that level of clearance. The standard investigation (forget the alphabet soup for it) amounts to a little more than a credit check and standard background investigation. Giving potentially valuable secrets to people who have a large amount of debt, outstanding warrants, etc would be ill-advised. SSBI investigations are where people go and talk to your friends, family, co-workers, etc to find out just what kind of person you are. Plus the psych evals and other stuff. That authorizes you to be granted a top secret clearance.

However - while you are 'capable' of having a security clearance assigned to you, you do not have one until gained by a command and they actually authorize your security clearance. There are a number of amended designators - which generally annotate that you have access to certain systems or special-access areas.

There are also programs that are entirely classified - known as "special access" programs. These are generally what is called "above top secret." It's a level of compartmentalization above the specialization of fields (IE - cryptology versus radar) where the whole project is compartmentalized from the military at-large.

There are also several other 'flavors' of classification/clearance. Cosmic TS clearances pertain to NATO - others pertain to UN (though I'm not familiar with all of them). Contrary to what a previous poster seemed to imply - 'Cosmic TS' and others do exist and are in use. They are not really "above" Top Secret so much as they are a separate level of compartmentalization. For instance - people with a Cosmic TS would be likely to participate in joint exercises with allied forces. The analysis and results of those joint exercises are classified and compartmentalized separately from someone with a TS-SCI in crypto, even though the guy in crypto has "the highest clearance" and is directly involved in the communications between joint forces.

The names are just what they are - names. Reading too much into "Cosmic" TS clearance can get you in trouble in a hurry. Contrary to what you'll read on a number of UFO sites, prefixes to a TS clearance are not all that uncommon. I encountered several individuals on a list of names containing authorized personnel who had a Cosmic TS clearance - at which point, I had to ask "What in the world is that? It almost sounds made-up!" After finding out it was a NATO designation, though, it did make sense given the exercises that were ongoing.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

That actually makes sense considering its proximity to China Lake. . .

top topics

join