It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Behead, Burn and Urinate on Holy Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
With all the talk of the radical Dove church planning to burn the Islamic Quran I find
MSM being one sided. Why are they not also discussing these horrific incidents? ALL of these, including the burning of the Quran are just plain wrong no matter what group is doing it. When are people going to learn to love and respect others? You can't teach others to love by hating. If people want respect they should give respect. We can't raise society up if we lower ourselves to the level of others.

ICC then continued to describe the nature of the torture, which included disembowelment, emasculation, and the slicing open of various orifices.

Tilman was stabbed 156 times, Necati 99 times and Ugur's stabs were too numerous to count. Finally, their throats were sliced from ear to ear, heads practically decapitated," ICC reports.

www.christiantoday.com...
difficultimages.blogspot.com...
flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com...

www.freerepublic.com...
www.wnd.com...
www.jihadwatch.org...
justifythis.blogspot.com...

mobile.associatedcontent.com...

www.speroforum.com...

Why don't we hear MSM saying how the Christian wife of one of the men beheaded and tortured forgave her husbands murderer? www.assistnews.net...

That is what I call teaching love to others. We can't expect others to learn to love if we teach hate. May we all do our part towards making this world a better place to live.I don't see how inciting others helps anyone get along.

edit on 9-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Your points are valid, however, I would turn it around a little. Why should we respect them, when they do the kinds of things you discuss. When "they" are willing to respect my/our religion, then and only then will I respect theirs. Currently, you cannot even bring a Bible or Crucifix/religious jewelry into many countries run by Sharia law. If you try, they are confiscated and destroyed.
So, to sum it all up. . . don't care.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi. Just because extremists do this, it doesn't mean we should copy.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You won't hear about this because it is the truth of the matter. The Western civilization can not fathom that we are in a religious war. Treating these acts as crimes are more civilized where the individual is held accountable, instead of his religion which is the basis of his actions.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi.

You realized he was murdered by a Hindu extremist.

Didn't work out very well for him in the end.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
These are murderers, not MUSLIM murderers.

A crime is a crime is a crime. Don't generalize what a bunch of evil m***** f****** do and simplify it to fuel more hatred. It has never worked and it won't, just look at the past. Time to move on.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think the reason the current story is big is due to it occuring on the anniversary of 9/11. Personally I think all religions are just as bad as each other. These people are worse than children fighting over a toy.

I think the media also have a lot to answer for. Why make this story big? Why is this something everyone needs to know? Why is it being sensationalised? Why are they spreading messages of ignorance? Why are people so incredibly stupid and swallow everything the media spews? Its no different to religion at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi. Just because extremists do this, it doesn't mean we should copy.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Although I have to say that this tactic has become mainstream within the neo-christian, Republican/Tea Party Movement. They attempt to justify their own bad actions by highlighting the bad actions of others when they make statements like, "yeah but look at what their doing," or "everybody is doing it, so it must be OK."

I have come to realize that every time they accuse someone else of committing unacceptable deeds, the accusation turns out to be an actual reflection of exactly what the accuser is currently doing or has already done. These people have traded their common sense and decency, for hypocrisy.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugsmasher

In Christianity at least, we are accountable for our own actions. Many world religions basically say to do unto others as you would like done unto you. We can't change the way others act, only the way we react to others. If people choose to be evil and hateful it's a true reflection of their character. Whose character do you want to reflect? The character of Ghandi, Buddha, Jesus or a religious radical?

You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

1. Judaism and Christianity. Bible, Leviticus 19.18

Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.

2. Christianity. Bible, Matthew 7.12

Not one of you is a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.

3. Islam. Forty Hadith of an-Nawawi 13

A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated.

4. Jainism. Sutrakritanga 1.11.33

Try your best to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself, and you will find that this is the shortest way to benevolence.

5. Confucianism. Mencius VII.A.4

One should not behave towards others in a way which is disagreeable to oneself. This is the essence of morality. All other activities are due to selfish desire.

6. Hinduism. Mahabharata, Anusasana Parva 113.8

Tsekung asked, "Is there one word that can serve as a principle of conduct for life?" Confucius replied, "It is the word shu--reciprocity: Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you."

7. Confucianism. Analects 15.23

more sayings at article here:
www.unification.net...

edit on 9-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: Numerous

edit on 9-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: added quoted text

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
sure 2 wrongs dont make a right.

but doing nothing does nothing.

its not like this problem is going to cure itself, its an infection.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugsmasher
Your points are valid, however, I would turn it around a little. Why should we respect them, when they do the kinds of things you discuss.

I`m not sticking up for what they do, but, what has the U.S. done in the mideast that they are so deserving of the muslims respect?
How about the U.S. government showing some respect for them, by pulling their noses out of the mideasts backsides, and stick it up their own, where it belongs?

When "they" are willing to respect my/our religion, then and only then will I respect theirs. Currently, you cannot even bring a Bible or Crucifix/religious jewelry into many countries run by Sharia law. If you try, they are confiscated and destroyed.
So, to sum it all up. . . don't care.

Have they told you that you can not practice your religion where you live? Just because they don`t want those items brought into their countries.....so what? It`s their countries, right? Two wrongs(no respect from either side), don`t make a right.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
Personally I think all religions are just as bad as each other. These people are worse than children fighting over a toy.

You think the Christian missionaries who had hundreds of stab wounds with multiple orifices sliced open and body parts sliced off while they were alive could do the same to muslims?

How about the wife of one of the Christian missionaries who was tortured to death telling the men who did it publicly that she forgave them.

Tell me once more how bad this ladies beliefs are.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Oh so give them the other cheek, only needs to be done if the miss the first time, it is the throat they are after, not the cheek, and yes this is a war of beliefs theirs and ours, for it is there belief, that we should all pray 5 times a day.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The biggest problem is the media ran wild with this story. If the pastor had not gotten so much attention with his stupid shananigans we would not be facing possible retaliation. This was just one pastor, one small congregation - I would not doubt that other Christian churches may now do the same thing on 9/11 and that will put a lot of people in harms way.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Extremists on both sides are really messing things up for the sane people out there. Christian fundies, Muslim extremists, all just monkeys throwing poo at eachother (and sadly the rest of us).

They should all be thrown into a stadium, given knives, and the last man standing gets a "Extremist Retard Olympics" gold medal.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
sure 2 wrongs dont make a right.

but doing nothing does nothing.

its not like this problem is going to cure itself, its an infection.

I will just say knowing when it's better to shake your head in disbelief and simply move on is the hallmark of a wise man. Doing nothing is doing something in the world of international relations. Sometimes goals are reached by not acting like teenage boys or drunks who must prove their manhood at every provocation.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What really gets me is the people who say Christianity is just as violent as Islam. In this day and age, if you burn the Koran, people get butchered and buildings get blown up. if you burn a Bible, you are hailed a national hero but the Christians forgive and accept there are other religions besides theirs...We have one pastor out of hundreds of thousands acting like a schmuck. Islam has hundreds if not thousands of Imams promoting the wholesale butchering of anyone who doesn't believe the same as them...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
These are murderers, not MUSLIM murderers.

A crime is a crime is a crime. Don't generalize what a bunch of evil m***** f****** do and simplify it to fuel more hatred. It has never worked and it won't, just look at the past. Time to move on.

I agree. Here's a good web site to encourage loving your neighbor.

www.muslimsforpeace.org

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Awaites the ****stars** HUMANITY HAS LOST ITS MIND. How can the species ever advance with this type of behavior?
So in the end as planned SATAN GETS THE GREAT BOOKS BURNED as he awaits the ignorant filled souls on all sides. SAD HUMANITY.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If being Muslim has nothing to do with it why are people killed for affronts to Islam? I know of no other religion in day-to-day life where you have to fear for your life if you dare affront it. Drop the PC "religion of peace" BS. Even moderate Muslims don't dare decry actions of these "few" radicals for fear of their life.

edit on 9-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join