It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Device left near Crumlin primary school was 'viable'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Device left near Crumlin primary school was 'viable'

www.bbc.co.uk

The police have said a device left close to a primary school in Crumlin, County Antrim was "viable".

About 170 pupils were moved to a community centre after the object was found outside an unmanned police station opposite Crumlin Integrated Primary at 1100 BST on Wednesday.

About 30 families living in nearby Mill Road also had to leave their homes. They have now been allowed to return.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bomb at my nephew's school this morning!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yet another security threat in Northern Ireland involving young children. This is a disgrace. I posted a thread a few days ago about a viable device that had been left at my nephew's school.

I had been hoping on that occasion that it was a rare accident and perhaps someone had dropped the pipe bomb. This train of thought was quickly dismissed after the device had been found on top of a wall, and simultaneously another school 2 km away, was under alert after a warning had been phoned into a local news centre.

Then today's news has cemented the fact that this is a deliberate and ultimately psychopathic attempt to create terror and fear amongst children at best, and at worst, kill or severely injure them.

This third security alert in as many days is located in a town a few miles from the last one. I suppose therefore it is entirely possible that one person has caused each of the three events. This is a best case scenario in my opinion.

At this point it is believed to be the Real UFF who are responsible. However this new threat was at an integrated Primary school, which is just an example of the progress Northern Ireland has made. Is it therefore also an attack on the progress of peace? Or just one psychopaths attempt to cause mayhem, irrespective of agenda?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
A few more news links here;

www.newsletter.co.uk...
www.newsletter.co.uk...
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...
www.u.tv...

The alert is now over and evacuated families will be able to return home. However the school will apparently remain closed.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
How is the mental state of your nephew and his parents? Hopefully someone catches these guys before it gets worse. I feel for you op. Stay safe.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

Cheers I appreciate it.

Yeah they're all fine. More shocked than anything I don't think anyone can quite wrap their head around it, but there has been lots of these attempted pipe bomb attacks in my home town recently.

My nephew apparently wasn't too bothered, at his age it's kind of just a bit of an adventure. Day off school and a story to tell his pals. When he gets a bit older though he may look back on it and formulate a different opinion on the situation, that's the trouble.

new topics

top topics

join