It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update from the Imam...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
New York Imam Says Islamic Center Will Proceed

Something caught my eye with this article though:

Rauf said the community center will have separate prayer spaces for Muslims, Christians, Jews and those of other faiths.

It will also have a multifaith memorial to the victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

So, from here on out we'll have to protest against the mosque/church/synagogue/temple/memorial. Agreed?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
sorry, but it won't never work.
They may have the prayer space
available, but keeping those spaces
occupied will be another story.

And to tell ya the truth,
this sounds like a mixing
of the religions.
hmmmm

I heard of that already ....
in Revelations when they
opened one of the seals.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

i don't care who builds what or where they build it. i am more concerned about how future generations will read about the whole beginning of this century in history books. are we passing them the truth, or will they be required to learn a lie in the schools? we are 9 years into the global war on terror, and people are still talking about when world war three will start. global = world.

i care less about the material than i do the truth. who participating in creating all the factors and variable that led up to hundreds of firefighters becoming collateral damage? whether passively or aggressively, who created the foundation for that day? why did it happen? what have we learned? if we have not learned, their deaths were for nothing.

if there is not room for others in your universe, kindly get off my planet.

"ground zero". what does that mean? who called it that? nice little catch phrases.

people employ emotions in order to advance their own ideals and agendas. this whole story is a detour from reality and what should be important.

ugghhh,
et

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Traditionally, muslims have always been more respectful of Christian and Jewish Religion because of the common roots and cross-references to each other in their Holy Books. This is an act of courtesy to show that they understand and value the idea of Tolerance.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
So, from here on out we'll have to protest against the mosque/church/synagogue/temple/memorial. Agreed?

How about we deny them all with the full understanding that religious war has been the result of conflicts between religions that build mosques/churches/synagogues/temples.

top topics

join