It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes in the Gulf: YOU (Defenders and Google show you how!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

In the aftermath of the Gulf oil disaster, Defenders of Wildlife received hundreds of phone calls and emails from concerned Americans wondering what they could do to help wildlife and coastal habitat impacted by the catastropic spill. Having already built a tool called the Conservation Registry to track and map conservation projects across the country, we decided to create a section of the site geared specifically toward people looking to aid in Gulf response and recovery.

With the help of Google Maps, the Gulf Oil Spill Recovery website combines the latest locations of oil along with information on important wildlife habitats. Users are able to see what impacts have occurred, response steps taken already and what projects still need volunteers. The interactive site also invites people to record the impacts they have witnessed themselves, and spread the word about what areas need help most.

Visit the Gulf Oil Spill Response and Recovery website at gulfoilspillrecovery.org and see how YOU can be a hero.

www.defendersblog.org...

Fellow members and friends, several of you have cried out as to what you can do personally about the BP Spill and this is my answer. The relief efforts being made can be found through this site, and will help to empower you through accurate and courageous interactive and visual information as well as additional links.

This is far from over and we have to stand up and make our voices heard.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There is a complete mind blowing and inspirational series that I can only hope will inspirit you as it has me, watch, comment and lets discuss.

www.defendersblog.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thank you for the attention this important thread has made, hopefully more people have actually hit the link given in the op to take a look at what is being done to help the wildlife and to possibly see what you can do help make a positive outcome for this terrible tragedy.

I will be away for the day, but will check back later.

edit on 9-9-2010 by antar because: Edit for speelcheckie

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for posting this! I found the press release page on the Defenders website...
And added it to my favorites. www.defendersblog.org...

new topics

top topics

join