It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hello my name is Adam and I currently reside in the great state of Texas with my wife and daughter. I have been a lurker for about one week and absolutely love the information here as well glad there is a forum like this that caters to ideas and the expression of thought. The reason for me joining is because I am trying to find some information about something that Alex Jones mentioned in his movie Endgame. In it he talks about NAFTA and how the toll roads being built here in TX have already been paid for my the tax payers and they are again charging us thus being able to fund the rest of the NAFTA project. I am not sure if I got all of that right but I am hoping somebody can set me straight on that.

I also run a website called The raw Awakening (www.therawawakening.com...)

I am looking forward to meeting everybody and cannot wait to learn and debate.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Tell us a little more about yourself and what you do for fun. Keep the awareness alive.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Trying to make friends again rebel?
I dont know why you bother!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Trying to make friends again rebel?
I dont know why you bother!

There is no reason to argue. Everyone needs respect.

Everyone has something to give in life.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hi there. What I do for fun? Well I collect stamps and crazy about anything Volkswagen.
(I know so much fun right?) I also study about different things that are happening in our world such as 9/11, middle east conflicts and as of recent the bilderbergs. I am currently reading Daniel Estulin's book The True Story of The Bilderberg Group. I highly recommend this book. I guess that is all for now.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
By the way I just wanted to tell the creator of this site what a wonderful job they did by linking in RSS feeds and other social media links. I have not ever seen a website this complex being able to manage so well.

Ya'll are doing a great job with it!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hello there, from a fellow Texan. I am from Dallas, myself.

It is great to have you come aboard. This truly is a wonderful website. At least I think so.

You talk about the site being managed so well. This truly is a member driven site. The content on this site is all chosen by the members, and even the over all management of this site could not be done with out the help of the members.

And just so you know, this site is far more complex then you realize. I have been a member since December of 2007, and I STILL stumble upon things that I did not know about, every now and then

You also joined up right in the middle of a lay out change, so you are one of the first new members to see the new lay out... And there are still changes to come!

happy posting!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hello that's awesome! I live up in Roanoke TX but work in Plano.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you haven't seen this yet,you should! It's a member's "Adventures in Conspiracy" comic book he made. (I think it should be included in every "Welcome"!)

As a former (south eastern) Texan who is now on the north coast of California,"on the edge",I welcome you!

I'll warn you,there is an anti-fan club here who like to ridicule everything Alex Jones related,but I'm not one of them. If what he says can be backed up with facts,that's all that matters. Hope you find what you are looking for!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thanks so much for that comic book. It is so true
. So do many people think Alex Jones is a hoax? I have been listening to him for about 2 months now and I find him interesting. Like most things gotta take it with a grain of salt and study his research etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by putnum

Welcome to ATS and watch out for Alex Jones he tends to go off the deep end for attention and money. Just like in real life people like that it is better to stay away from.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Not necessary to stay away from them,just investigate to see whether what they say is true or not.

(See,putnam,that's what I mean! It's like a conspiracy in itself,to keep people away from watching him! When people tend to do that,I for one am more apt to be curious and check it out for myself. I hope you don't let posts like that distract you!)

[edit on 8-9-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yea I know. You really have to research EVERYTHING that anybody says and really have a firm hand in many different fields. Basically there is an element of truth in everything. The key is to be able to spot it and spot the lies. Since I have gone down this road of "conspiracy theorys" I am learning very quickly how important critical thinking is and how it is critical to look at both sides to everything I study. I think ATS is going to help a great deal at being my "think tank"

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Not necessary to stay away from them,just investigate to see whether what they say is true or not.

(See,putnam,that's what I mean! It's like a conspiracy in itself,to keep people away from watching him! When people tend to do that,I for one am more apt to be curious and check it out for myself. I hope you don't let posts like that distract you!)

[edit on 8-9-2010 by On the Edge]

I agree and disagree at the same time with what you said. Sacha Faal is a perfect example of someone to avoid. And I hate to say so is Alex Jones. They are the same to me.

You can only lie so many times before I have to say enough is enough. I wish we had more honest voices in the community to tell you the truth.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I am curious who do you listen to?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by putnum
I am curious who do you listen to?

I am not sure if you are asking me? But if you check my friends list you will see a bunch of voices I do listen to everyday here on ATS. And even some of my foes.

And just to make it clear I did listen to him at one point but lie after lie made me stop. But I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion I just choose not to listen to Alex Jones.

Also if you dont know how to check my public page just click on my name.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Thanks Subjective Truth I will take a look.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by putnum
Thanks Subjective Truth I will take a look.

Also if you look around on my page you can see the threads I have started and I have posted in to get a better idea of what I am about. Also remember just because someone makes you a foe it does not mean it is a bad thing.

I only make someone a foe when I respect them.

new topics

top topics

join