It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Adam and Eve theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So I was doing a bit of thinking about religion and all that good stuff lately. While I was pandering some different ideas about creation, god and religion I began to think of something. I know I believe in Evolution, but evolution is not completely true as it does have cracks in it. Can they ever be solved? Maybe, but we cannot deny that evolution is probably the great explanation for how things evolve and adapt.

Anyway... when I was thinking about that I remembered reading that humans have certain Genes that Apes do not have, even though they are our closest living relative. So that made me think about the whole Adam and Eve event as portrayed in the Bible.

According to the story God made Adam and Eve in his own image. But does god really have feet and teeth and hair? If he is supernatural and all powerful why would he have something as restrictive as a body of flesh and bone? So if we are made in his image what separates us from the other living mammals? Our minds, our comprehension, our search for a higher truth and our morals.

So, could us being the image of god actually just be so in the form of our higher intelligence? That will lead us to the next part. So saying God created us only a few thousand years ago according to biblical dating, weren't humans already existent on Earth? Yes! But what could make us separate from our fellow humans. Could it be an extra gene maybe that god added in? Or could it be that he made Adam and Eve with morals!

A strict sense of morality is what separated Adam and Eve from the fellow humans of the time. Well that would explain for the 'mistakes' made in the Bible such as when Kane(?) was sent away God marked him so no one could kill him. But the Bible never mentioned anyone other than the close family of Adam and Eve, so who else could there have been? Fellow humans.

Should we really accept the Bible as absolutely everything is true or should we accept it that it is more like a story pieced together by people who somehow had a connection with god and/or the spirit world? I would go with the latter.

This is just a theory so take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
very interesting questions. not sure myself, but I have thought about the same things.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think you are on the right path - I was also pondering the ten commandments and the restrictions on making graven images and bowing down to them. This is presumed to be little stone statues (household gods) but it could refer to acting as God by "creating" life through DNA manipulation (images as referred to in Genesis) and then bowing down to them. That is the a goal I think of many trans-humanists - to create a hybrid species superior to humans which will rule over humans.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

According to the story God made Adam and Eve in his own image. But does god really have feet and teeth and hair? If he is supernatural and all powerful why would he have something as restrictive as a body of flesh and bone?

First of all, you are using God as a singular being. If you go back and read Genesis, the scripture reads:
God said "Let US make man in OUR image"
Later, when they had partaken of forbidden fruit of knowing too much, God spoke to his cohorts and said "Oh no! Now they've become like US, knowing both good and evil."

So looks like, according to scriptures, this creation was a team effort.

Now, as far as God having hair and teeth, etc. ---don't see how this can be so in light of what Jesus said. In several scriptures he says that "flesh and blood" and "flesh and bone" cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven. So, I would not imagine that the true Creator is made from these elements.

I don't think this God of the bible is the true Creator. Just my opinion.

One last thing, isn't it interesting that before turning them out of the garden, God himself killed the first animal sacrifice and made little sheepskin aprons for Adam and Eve to wear?

Do you find it odd that a Creator would destroy his creation with such cruelty and savagery? Cain may be recorded as the first to murder another human, but it was God of the garden who was the first to slaughter.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There are a lot of things within the Bible that indicate that Adam and Eve where not the only humans on earth.

Cain,,, Adam and Eve's son. Was cast away after killing his brother Able.

Cain went to the land of Nod and got married?

Who did Cain get married to. Did he form his own wife from the dust on the ground?

Adam and Eve didn't supply him with a wife from their offspring.

This Lord God that they think is a God. Seams to be a Man if you read Genesis chapter 18.

1. And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Edit to add:

In Genesis chapter 17:1 This Lord claims to be the almighty God? "A man is saying this".

1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
im sorry if i side tracked a lil bit, im a muslim but i dont practice them like some other people do but i do have faith in my religion. i'm just wondering if there is a life outside our solar system and it was proven to be true (just saying), dont you think the whole religion system would be back fired? cause why does religion only applies to human but not other species?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I believe the story of Adam and Eve was constructed by early humans as a way to explain our very existence because they had no idea how we came to be, I don't believe evolution was thought of than. As far as God say "us" I believe he was talking about his angels or the story of Adam and Eve was created by polytheists and inherited by other monotheist religions. Or the word "us" used in that context could also be a simple mistranslation. I am at a loss from that passage. I do know there a many mistranslations for example in the NT it talks about Jesus harvesting corn on the sabbath. Corn was not in that area of the world in those times nor was it known as corn in the part the world where it was grown until many many centuries later. Just my cents.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nafi101

Humans have different train of thought and have a more sophisticated brain allowing us greater capacities than other animals and this is why other animals do not practice religion.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nafi101
im sorry if i side tracked a lil bit, im a muslim but i dont practice them like some other people do but i do have faith in my religion. i'm just wondering if there is a life outside our solar system and it was proven to be true (just saying), dont you think the whole religion system would be back fired? cause why does religion only applies to human but not other species?

Only humans live by religion besides the physical laws. Everything else live by natural and physical laws.

God created one kind of people. But some of these humans imagine that God has favored some of them above others. A god that favors is a God of destruction or a God of wars.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Should we really accept the Bible as absolutely everything is true or should we accept it that it is more like a story pieced together by people who somehow had a connection with god and/or the spirit world? I would go with the latter.

If you are not a fundamentalist, your point of view about the Bible is the commonly held Christian belief.

I think that you're spot on with your assessment of "God's image" -- the view that God is an old man with a long white beard is an infantile one, held mostly by people whose view of God is either innocent or immature, and by those who hate Christianity and use this personification to belittle the faith.

There is nothing in our faith that precludes evolution, life on other planets, or a notion that our souls are not that piece of "God's image" in us. One may choose to believe that God created the world 6,000 years ago, that the rest of the universe is barren and God the Father is a biped that looks like George Burns, but there is no reason that you have to, and I think you unnecessarily limit who God is.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think it has to do with the fact of what he was imagining, not what he actually was. He being "the".

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
hmmmm. interesting
, it does answer some of my question.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You do make a point there, but does it have to end with destruction instead of doing it peacefully? or are we just a malfunctioned prototype of a human being and god decided to wrap it up just like that without prior notice but by hinting that the end of the days would be hell on earth.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Genesis 8:21
And when the sweet smell came up to the Lord, he said in his heart, I will not again put a curse on the earth because of man, for the thoughts of man's heart are evil from his earliest days; never again will I send destruction on all living things as I have done.

Leviticus 1:3 'If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer it, a male without defect; he shall offer it at the doorway of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the LORD.

seems he had/has a like of bar-b-que as well, i guess making a rash choice to kill all you made, including your next dinner doesnt show much fore thought, but then there is alot of killing in the name of god isnt there.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Very interesting topic. For other trains of thought on this subject check out the following books -
Zecharia Stichin - Earth Cronicles 1-9
William Bramley - Gods of Eden
The Mahabharata
Michael Tsarion - Atlantis, Alien Visitation and genetic manipulation.

All of these books plus many mnay others discuss the story of creation as told by the Mayans, Aboriginies, Mauris, the various red indian tribes, the various African tribes etc. The story was the same the world over BEFORE Christianity was FORCED on EVERYONE by the Catholic establishment - IMO Christianity bears all the hallmarks of a first attempt at a 'one-world religion' but that is for a different thread!!.
In a nutshell - Aliens (the Gods) came to Earth in spaceships, they hybridised early man by adding ALIEN DNA to human DNA - creating homo sapiens - and some say this accounts for the leap in intelligence in humans that science has been unable to explain. A vast amount of supporting evidence is provided in these books and if like me you find Ancient History of interest I would suggest you check them out.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, one thing both fundamentalist and evolutionist can agree is, every single one of us today is from single female ancestor. This single female ancestor is called Mitochondrial Eve by evolutionist.

EDIT : Interestingly there is also Y Chromosomal Adam

[edit on 7-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just to explain a Kabbalistic concept.

`G-d speaks in the language of men`

When G-d says we were created in his image, the question should be, what is it about our body that is so divine about it.

In kabbalah, the 10 sefirot are the building bloacks of creation. Everything in creation mirrors this principle.

To sum up mans body

His head corresponds to the upper 3 sefirot of Hokma, Binah and Daat. These translate psychologically into the power of conceptualization, or, the unconscious, the power to break things down, ie analysis, and the power of awareness or concentration; three basic intellectual faculties. These correspond to the right hemisphere (which as we now know deals with the very power of conceptualizing, intuition etc) the left hemisphere (which is anlystical) and the brain stem.

The lower seven sefirot are emotional powers that are produced from the intellectual ones. On the right theeres chesed (loving kindness), Gevurah (strength or judgement) and in the middle theres tiferet (beauty, hermony).

Thus, we see that Tiferet is the core of a stable system. So, this would correspond to teh torso (to core of the body) the right arm chesed, the left gevurah. The leg correspond to Netzach and hod and the phallus is Yesod while malkkhut, which means kingdom, is the mouth.

We are in other words an analogy of the spirtiual worlds. As the ancient mystical axiom goes às above, so below`.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mjd59

When God created man in his image. It was not our body he had in mind.

It was our Awareness.

God is a spirit. Genesis 1:2 last sentence. And Gods spirit moved upon the face of the waters.

God is a spirit, God has no shape or form. He is infinite.

Don't make the same mistakes as as most people do. Man has created God in his image for centuries.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Cain,,, Adam and Eve's son. Was cast away after killing his brother Able.

Cain went to the land of Nod and got married?

Who did Cain get married to. Did he form his own wife from the dust on the ground?

Adam and Eve didn't supply him with a wife from their offspring.

(Genesis 5:4) The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Adam and Eve, in my opinion, is more symbolic however keep in mind the story goes Eve was not the first woman offered to Adam for companionship but an older woman who snubbed her nose at Adam and went independant.

Much like who was here first, the chicken or the egg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join