It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia boosts military cooperation with Israel (AFP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Russia boosts military cooperation with Israel (AFP)

(AFP) 6 September 2010, MOSCOW — The defence ministers of Russia and Israel on Monday signed an agreement on military cooperation, hailing the unity between Moscow and the Jewish state. “We have signed a long-term agreement on military cooperation,” said Russian Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov after the meeting with his Israeli counterpart Ehud Barak, quoted by Russian news agencies. “We have discussed issues concerning military-technical cooperation, and military cooperation,” he said, without offering details. The deal came after disputes over Russian arms contracts in the Middle East. Barak said the meeting with Russia’s defence authorities was “the first in a long time” and invited Serdyukov to Israel.

Sou rce

Well it looks like Russia is selling the Israelis drones and other weapons. And Russia is getting tips and strategies from Israels military.

Russia seems to have its fingers in a lot of pies lately. Many times playing both sides, selling fighter jets to Iran and Syria, and drones to Israel.

It's like they are setting the pieces on the chess board and then ready to step back and watch others play.

Just thought this was interesting.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Could they be sharing intelligence with everyone they are involved with too? They could really set a country up to feel more confident than they should feel (Israel), then encourage them to attack their enemies (Iran).
Just thinking...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

It is all part of a bigger agenda..

To bring god in to it, thy says that humans think their plans are smart and think 10 steps ahead, but don't know that GODS knows about their plans, and GOD's plans are much bigger lol..

The only way these plans work is, if they keep it hidden, once it comes to open, the plans die, and GOD makes a mockery of these *snip*
Praise the LORD

[edit on 6-9-2010 by oozyism]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ahh Yes, "Know thine enemy," so to speak, and I see some globe spinning and finger pointing, with the obligatory, "Den, we get all dis territory", (evil laughter)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I think this almost HAS to be part of a bigger agenda. I'm just not too sure what it is or which "side" Russia is truly favoring.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Obviously, "The Winning Side", whatever that may be.....

Second line, whomever that may be....

[edit on 6-9-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

LOL I guess if they continue to ride the fence and play both sides, that is very possible. I think they are in a position to slowly and quietly influence which is the winning side more than they want made public.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Correct, but they are dealing with one who is just as crafty, and more than likely could sell Russia the Brooklyn Bridge.....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Well the "crafty" nation could be one of several that Russia deals with. I think I know who you mean, but truthfully the US could be using Russia as a means to it's own desired ends.
It would be a way of keeping it's hands "clean", or cleanER..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is just propaganda meant to deceive the US populace.

The cold war is still raging strong. Watch the Kremlin with nothing but the utmost scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
This is just propaganda meant to deceive the US populace.

The cold war is still raging strong. Watch the Kremlin with nothing but the utmost scrutiny.

That's kind of hard to do when they control nearly all the information that comes out of the Kremlin.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm not a super genius on current politics, but to me it seems Russia does the best for its people out of the three super powers (US Empire, Chinese, Russians). I'd like to hear arguments against that as well just to set the record strait.

Anyway if this is the case, could it be the start of a Russian takeover? Perhaps a way to them to directly mediate the situation between Israel and the Arab world? They must realize they are going to be in a bad situation with what could be a rough winter due to food supplies and the shaky world economic system, could this be the start of some type of offensive?

I hope the result brings peace

new topics

top topics

join