It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Racism Real?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
reply to post by ANOK

Right. I get it ANOK. One is allowed to be a racist when they have a reason to?

Nice perspective.

Thanks

Nope not what I said at all. Just trying to get people to have some perspective.

I find it extremely ironic that we white people have been hating on others for years but when the tables are turned you get your panties all in a bunch.

The big difference is blacks can be as racist to whites as they like it makes no real difference to us as a 'race', as they hold no real power to act on it, its when the majority is biased towards a minority that is matters because they have the power to act on it and effect a whole group of people.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Thanks for your sharing,however i think that it does exist in our daily life,racism is a serious problem although we are living in a modernized place.And i think that it needs time to abandon this opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

reply to post by ANOK

Nice perspective.

Thanks

The big difference is blacks can be as racist to whites as they like it makes no real difference to us as a 'race', as they hold no real power to act on it, its when the majority is biased towards a minority that is matters because they have the power to act on it and effect a whole group of people.

you ain't kidding about that one. When there are no whites in the room they go at it and talk. One time this one dude stated that within a few years whites will be out of the picture because of intermixing. I was like damn. Same can be said about just whites in a room as well. it is good to be multi-racial 'cause both parties consider hispanics a neutral party. I just find it hilarious. I am also part white. The thrid part of me I ain't saying. =)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The problem is that racial discrimination and prejudice is experienced on the micro, not macro, level.

Experiencing racial discrimination, abuse, and violence is equally disturbing and distressing for the victim, regardless of what percentage of the population their race makes up.

The majority are not biased towards the minority in any Western country that I know of, so once again, you appear to be arguing a point that is relating to a factor that doesn't actually exist.

Your argument would have hold water if you were making it in the 1960s, however it's 2010, and there is full legal equality for all races in most Western countries, so your point is outdated.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

reply to post by ANOK

Nice perspective.

Thanks

you ain't kidding about that one. When there are no whites in the room they go at it and talk. One time this one dude stated that within a few years whites will be out of the picture because of intermixing. I was like damn. Same can be said about just whites in a room as well. it is good to be multi-racial 'cause both parties consider hispanics a neutral party. I just find it hilarious. I am also part white. The thrid part of me I ain't saying. =)

Is that third part maybe alien?

O, I have to put a second line, here it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

LOL no, eh native american close enough to being alien.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

That ain't being elementary Holmes. At lower levels of the working world there are none, but you go into your professional fields like into the white collar jobs and you have a problem. I follow two teams in the NFL Cowboys and the Texans. Texans have hired the first black GM in NFL history. I believe his name is rick smith. slowly but surely minorities are getting those jobs, but not without a fight to obtain them.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

But, all racial discrimination is prohibited by law. This is the point I mean.

If people aren't getting jobs based on their skin colour or race, then there are legal routes in which the person can get justice for being discriminated against.

This is clearly the difference between the 1960s and 2010; full social equality.

However, it appears some people of all races in the US are carrying on with a 1960s mindset, which is not only counter-productive to racial harmony, but it perpetuates it.

You say that there was the first black General Manager in NFL history, which does seem strange, but don't you think it's also strange that the majority of NFL players are black ?

I would say that's largely down to socio-economic factors. How many non-black people from the ghetto get the position of General Manager or white collar jobs ?

That's not to say that all black people are from the ghetto, of course, but the disproportionate amount of black people that live in less affluent areas, is bound to be reflected by a disproportionate amount of black people not filling top positions.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
with me i judge attitude, mannerisms, and kindness. even if i meet someone and they are sort of brash and judgmental towards me i'll give them a second chance. hell i'll even let the other guy/gal explain and vent about what's going on. but when i was growing up in a ghetto type situation, i learned that both black people and white people can be equally racist. i've heard "i'ma kill you white boy" since i was seven and had guns pointed in my face by black people and white people trying to put on a facade that they are some type of "gangster" i quote gangster because this generation of white kids from suburbia have little concept of the living situations that make the gang mentality. i was raised by my parents to the best of thier ability and with the rise and fall of the economy, we had to move from place to place and the neighborhood that i spent most of my childhood had bloods crips, white supremacists, vietnamese mafia, russian mafia, bikers, etc. but after eleven years of living in that situation, i found refuge in a small town run by religious groups. i won't elaborate on that but what i did learn from living in a ghetto type situation was that if you keep people there long enough, the negative stereotype can come from any race, we are all equally bad once we are put in the purgatory of a ghetto. i know i ranted off on a tangent but that's my experience with racism

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Prove it as one of my white friends dad's stated.

It is called favoritism in the upper echelon of the corporate world.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
Prove it as one of my white friends dad's stated.

It is called favoritism in the upper echelon of the corporate world.

There's nothing really to prove, unless you want to dispute the fact that there's a disproportionately high amount of black people that live in poorer areas and neighbourhoods in the USA.

Think of the worst neighbourhood in your town and city, and ask yourself, how many people from that neighbourhood ( regardless of race ) are CEOs, or even have well paid white collar jobs ?

I'd guess the answer is pretty low.

Of course there's going to be favouritism in any business or workplace, and there will always be people who are ignorant enough to judge people on arbitrary, racial factors, but I hope these kind of people are in a minority nowadays.

I know it's a touchy subject, but why is there such a high percentage ( in terms of overall population ) of ethnically Jewish people that reach the upper echelons in politics, business, arts, science and philosophy ?

Do you feel as aggrieved by the low numbers of black people in high positions, as you do by the high numbers of Jewish people ?

If not, why not ?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hi group, The only openly racist comments come from rap music. They make you think that to be white you are a undancing tight assed cracker!. Have you ever heard Ice Cube, the rapper he raps about all whites being devils and white women having no ass and disease spreading kkk ho's. He even wants to burn Koreans stores down to a crisp for not respecting the black fist. Anti White lyrics are o.k but if someone mentions the unfare treatment of whites it RACIST. Its all crap, I'm no racist just out for on the level equality.

Check out Ice Cubes song CAVEBITCH for some anti white women lyrics.

Take Care

Kevin

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

just a thought, we are the human race, if am not mistaken. all we do is, stick labels on each other. for instance, i'am labelled as a white male. thats wrong, am not white, am like a pink'y red'y ish colour, not white. and the label black man is wrong, they are brownish. so why dont we all grow up, and stop acting like a gang of out of control 2 year olds. listen to the song by bob marley. one love. the mans right.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
one thing i found to be dual racistly funny was that part in the movie 1941 where there was a fat white guy and a fat black guy inside a sherman tank and they were firing in all directions and a bag of flour got dumped on the fat black guys face and axle grease on the white guys face. they're all laughing at eachother until the fat white guy wiped some flour on his finger and showed it to him. then the fat black guy show's him the axel grease he just wiped off his face. hey is being fat a minority? if so then the politicly correct terms are

pudgey
plump
jolly
obesce
etc.

now to get that stick out of there... okay i got it here's some ex lax now in a minute slowly get that stick out of
where?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Death_Kron

It's offensive because people of colour, and other minority groups, have been the victims of discrimination at the hands of white people for a very long time.

Whites have not been discriminated is this way, so to call someone a 'white person' holds no racial negativity.

People of colour were made to feel negative about their own race for a long time. That's where 'black pride' comes from, no longer excepting the negativity forced on them.
And that is why 'black pride' does not justify 'white pride'.

Well allow me to present another perspective on that:

If an idea, a meme is being flogged for all its worth - it is because it suits the interests of TPTB, ie egalitarianism.

Societies naturaly tend to develop a layered system - the ruling elites, serfs and a middle class.

The middle class is where all the dynamic for innovation and change comes from - and it is also the anchor that maintains the values and standards of a society and can hold the elites accountable for their actions.

Nearly all that is labelled 'racism' seems to me to be actually discernment based on class, socio-economic or cultural values - it just happens to be correlated with skin colour and ethnicity.

This focus on race is simply another stealth means of dismantling the social structure of Western nations - enabling the elites to press their agendas without opposition.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join