It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange fireball seen moving towards Lake Erie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Orange fireball seen moving towards Lake Erie

www.datelinezero.com

In Monroe, Michigan, something was seen over (the aptly named) Lake Erie. It’s described as “orange fireball moving towards lake followed by flash then 2 more fireballs, second changed color from red to orange.” This was just seen today, and posted at UFO Stalker, a live MUFON report feed.

It’s incredibly interesting because, just a few weeks ago, there was a sighting of lights over Lake Erie that occurred 5 nights in a row.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.datelinezero.com
www.fox8.com

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The story includes information on the sighting from Ohio, and the MUFON report filed Sept 5 (which is also the date given of the sighting). No pictures or video, and obviously no investigation just yet.

And I do like it that one of the witnesses of the Ohio event was very skeptical and stubbornly refused to call it a UFO. The articles from that event have quoted her as saying: “I mean, we’re not too far from Canada, it could’ve been a light show over there or something, somebody playing.”

In other words, "surely there must be a 'rational' explanation right?"

But I really dig that. Somehow the story is easier to take seriously when everyone doesn't seem to 'want' to have seen a UFO.

Ohio and Michigan and Chicago seem to be major hotbeds of UFO activity. UFO sightings are not just for the high desert anymore, eh?

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Im sure this story will get more interesting when the photos and videos start popping up as Im sure they will eventually. This will be interesting to see how it develops!

Wasn't it Cleveland just a while back that they were having nightly sightings for awhile?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I live on the shore of lake Erie, the state side and I haven't seen or heard about anything like this. I live on PA so that could be why. I have heard stories in the past of strange occurrences over the lake. If memory serves me correct there is an air force base located not far from here and it's in Ohio too. I believe its the base where artifacts from the Kecksburg crash were sent.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by kimish]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I live in southwest CT, city of stamford Yeah its a distance from lake erie, but im replying, because yesterday morning, around 5 am ish, i went out jsut before the sun came up, sky jsut chaning from black to barely visible blue, stars int he sky, looked north north eat of me, and saw a red-white meteor streak towards the north horizon, lasted like 2 seconds max...never saw a meteor that was that color..red white and quickly streaked from tree tops too burning up quicker tha most meteors, heading directly to the horizon.
All times, ive seen them streak across the sky, and towrads the horizon, but not at such a low low level. and their always green, white or yellow. the one yesterday would have been towards lake erieand was red n white. wonder if it was related

top topics

join