It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

We already pay people to kill the enemy...that's why I said I would believe it, but I just didn't quite believe the article... seemed off. Can't place it, but then I am just bits on the internet, so my words are a bit moot.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Wonder what the response would be if it were american soldiers getting bonuses for every scalp they brought back?

It would be naive to think companies like XE (Blackwater) and others were not being payed well to kill and could possibly receive extra for certain tasks...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i though they paid more than that fro the killing of a sunni.

now my question is how much are the iranians paying the us troops for keeping noori al maliki (a shiat ) in power when his term has finished long time ago and was never re-elected?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Well didn't I read somewhere that the US has admitted paying the Taliban for safe passage of there vehicles??

Pretty much the same thing except the US doesn't ask how many US soldiers were killed with the weapons bought with the money they provided..

The problem is that "Taliban” is more of an ideology than something physical, even though we refer to it as a physical group.

Everyone in Afghanistan is at some level a Taliban…..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
It's amazing how many people are so quick to call shenanigans when it's the enemy doing the awful thing. Wonder what the response would be if it were american soldiers getting bonuses for every scalp they brought back?

I smell hypocrisy.

I don't know...the last time you were in Afghanistan did you see American troops killing for a quota, or even firing without taking fire first?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months, the treasurer claimed to

LOL if true, very so creative hahahahaha, and how did they know this man was the treasurer? Why did no one arrest him, but seems like people knew him lol..

Honestly I wish Iran did this, that way there would be a little balance, hence the US spends $1000000 per/year per/soldier to kill Afghan fighters, the same should be done, $1000000 per/year per/resistance fighter.

I like balance, not to mention propaganda balance, so that the US may not go around spreading BS, as if they are not lol..

Last I checked they refused to accept a US based civilian death probe, yeah I'm talking about NATO..

Funnily for the second time..

CX

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
reply to post by Liberal1984

Thanks for the reply, wasn't trying to antagonise CX or anything, I just genuinely didn't understand.

No worries, the oly thing that cam antagonise me is being given a cuppa without sugar in it.

Apologies for the confusion, what i meant was, we were informed by intelligence that the IRA were paid a set figure for each soldier killed.

Who paid that sum to the terrorists? I always presumed that it was the IRA's own funds, but that means the money could have come from many sources.

Not very clear i know, i just recall there being prices on our heads.

CX.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't believe this. If it's true it marks a massive change in the relationship between Iran and the Taliban. In September 1998 the Taliban murdered a number of Iranian Consular officials in the Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif. This led to mass 'Anti Taliban' demonstrations in Terhan. Don't forget the Iranians are Shia Muslims whilst the Taliban (and their backers) are Sunni.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Cup of tea with no sugar is certainly sacrilege!

On the topic of funding, there were plenty of sources for the Provisionals back when you were most likely serving. You had private Americans and IRA sympathisers, and of course the ole Libyans provided more than a few weapons. Couple that with any money confiscated from drug dealers within Republican communities, also a few robberies, and there is more than enough for a generous bounty!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
$1000 would be alright I guess.

But I can't see anyone getting rich doing this sort of thing for a living. It would be pretty hard to get into.

How do you even prove you bagged a soldier? Bring in a few scalps or ears or something? Dogtags?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

I don’t think he did, the IRA just used this ransom strategy to encourage assassinations-murder. However the IRA did get a lot backing & weapons from Libya, so who knows if it was directly sponsored or not?

Alot is made of the Libya-IRA connection, but not so much the USA-IRA connection, in which certain American citizens and groups backed, funded, and armed the IRA.

The September 11th 2001 attacks, (I'll leave the debate about that to another thread) two of which occured in New York, a city that hosted IRA sympathisers, was, while a horrific event, was seen as a wake-up call to the US by those in the UK affected by the IRA's actions.

In short, the wake-up call being that this what it was like to have your cities blown up, and it's not very nice.

As a result, support for the IRA plummeted in the US.

Perhaps warmongers too, would not love war so much if they saw the realities and horrors of war on their doorstep as opposed to far off lands.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fang

The enemy of my enemy is my freind.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
$1000 would be alright I guess.

But I can't see anyone getting rich doing this sort of thing for a living. It would be pretty hard to get into.

How do you even prove you bagged a soldier? Bring in a few scalps or ears or something? Dogtags?

Film evidence

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
But, but, but the US has no excuse to attack Iran!!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban?

REALLY!

Wow. When the US goes to war against Iran I will no longer be against it specifically because of this report.

What an obvious propagandabull piece.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban?

REALLY!

Wow. When the US goes to war against Iran I will no longer be against it specifically because of this report.

What an obvious propagandabull piece.

Because the enemies of the US are actually a beacon of light, hope, friendliness and love, and they can do no wrong, right?

Why do people find it so hard to believe that people who hate us could do horrible things to us? Or is it just that nobody should ever report the horrible things, because it might actually make others in the country give a damn?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It is more likely than unlikely that the story is true.

Some years ago it was the custom to pay the family of suicide bombers
in Iraq (maybe elsewhere) a fee of about 25,000.00 $ that bought the
family an apartment in the Middle East.

It is kind of an insurance for their beloved ones that even hastens
their willingness to kill (themselves).

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We must save Iran from themselves, then Pakistan, then Ireland.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
It's amazing how many people are so quick to call shenanigans when it's the enemy doing the awful thing. Wonder what the response would be if it were american soldiers getting bonuses for every scalp they brought back?

I smell hypocrisy.

Wouldn't the hypocrisy work both ways being that there are people quick to dismiss the US paying for hits but buy into reports of Iran paying for hits?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join