It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran orders 99 lashes for woman facing execution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So, in essence, what you are claiming is that though Iran has apparently "officially" dropped the punishment of stoning to death, it is allowed by tribal court and thus, not illegal nor dropped...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by oozyism

So, in essence, what you are claiming is that though Iran has apparently "officially" dropped the punishment of stoning to death, it is allowed by tribal court and thus, not illegal nor dropped...

Don't tell me you do not have the ability to read.. If you read, and if you even tried to read you would have come to the conclusion that some hardcore judges may put the stoning penalty forward, but it won't go through because of the upper courts..

...if stoning sentences were passed by lower courts, they were over-ruled by higher courts and "no such verdicts have been carried out."[26]

Don't try to waste my time please.. You have better things to do is well..

[edit on 6-9-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Uh huh... or maybe because human rights groups have been all over this for 6 years now and the publicity is what has kept the sentence from being carried out, so far...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by oozyism

Uh huh... or maybe because human rights groups have been all over this for 6 years now and the publicity is what has kept the sentence from being carried out, so far...

Or maybe that is the propaganda you have been eating because they are trying to set a case to bomb Iran back to dark ages.

I know the political dynamics of that area and why so much propaganda is spread against Iran. I know for a fact that Iran is growing economically and military at a fast pace.. Do you think the US needs an Islamic revolutionary nation growing that fast?

The problem is, US promised Afghanistan and Iraq as example states for the rest of the Middle East, but rather it is Iran which is becoming an example state, even though ruined by American orchestrated Iraq/Iran war, it made a come back. The Arab opinion polls is what the US feared, because revolution against American puppets will devastate the US empire..

To conclude:
Or maybe Iranians realized that Stoning is not in the Quran therefore it shouldn't be implemented.. Last I heard it is in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What is actually wrong with this sentence ?

I mean, seriously, why do people think this is wrong, barbaric, or deviant ?

It's their culture, and they apply their cultural laws, as they see fit.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
What is actually wrong with this sentence ?

I mean, seriously, why do people think this is wrong, barbaric, or deviant ?

It's their culture, and they apply their cultural laws, as they see fit.

Actually I would argue a law is a law, once the law is established and people are aware of it, people will be held accountable if they go against those laws.

People don't understand what laws are created for, laws and your emotions don't mix, last I heard they fine people tens of thousands of dollar in the west and put them in huge psychological stress.. Maybe the Western media need to do couple of shows about those people who have hit rock bottom because of Western Laws..

Laws are their to prevent those banned actions from happening again, not just by the convict but also by the rest of the population. That being said, the convict is usually made an example of..

So keeping that in mind, although I don't agree with stoning, the West should be the last one crying and moaning about it, and trying to justify a war due to it, and all based on clear lies..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join