It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Gilliland's ranch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If I wanted to stop by and look around for a couple hours, could I just show up during the days it's open? Or is it more complicated than that? And is donation required or just suggested?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

I believe they have a website which should have info including contact details.

I'll see if I can find it for you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Here you go:

Details about how to spend money seeing the bugs & satellites & birds

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Here you go:

Details about how to spend money seeing the bugs & satellites & birds

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

i understand why you wrote that but what i want to know is, have you ever done any research on the Yakima and Toppenish ufo sightings and investigations ?

Yakima UFO Sightings

Toppenish UFO Report

now i'm not implying those sightings and investigations prove the people at the Eceti ranch are not filming bugs and satellites, all i'm wanting to say is there does seem to be somekind of real ufo phenomena in that part of Washington state and i think you should be explaining the whole picture to somebody when giving them advice about ufo hunting in that area.

just my opinion and please correct me if i am wrong

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I didn't see the costs for a camp reservation. How much is he expecting from people?

If it's similar to a comparable 'normal' camp site I don't see the harm. It would then just be another camping trip with the family. Maybe you see something and be amazed, or you leave and still had a good time.

I don't know but Gilliland strikes me as harmless. I've also not heard any bad stories about people that actually go there to camp/visit. Has there been a thread about visits by ATS members at all?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow.....

I don't think I'm familiar with those cases.

Your links don't work.....can you fix them?

Otherwise, I will Google those cases myself.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by easynow

Easynow.....

I don't think I'm familiar with those cases.

Your links don't work.....can you fix them?

Otherwise, I will Google those cases myself.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

the links are working perfectly and no need for you to enter the names in google search because that's exactly what i already did for you.

it's ok i forgive you

my point is,

even though it's commonly agreed that most of the evidence coming from the Eceti group are mis-identifieds, the ranch is located near Mt. Shasta and Mt Ranier and there is a history of real ufo sightings from that area.

that means people should be aware of the potential to see something truly anomalous at the ranch and at the same time understand some people at the ranch are getting excited over mis-identifications. in other words there was or is a real phenomena there and it's certainly possible to encounter something worthy of study at Gillilands ranch. being able to distinguish between the hype and the real deal would be the trick.

there were so many reports coming from that area, J. Allen Hynek in 1972 ordered a investigation.

The Yakima UFO Field project was undertaken by me in August of 1972 at the request of Dr. J. Allen Hynek. The study has continued to this day.

The light moved so fast that it gave the impression of a streak. It would appear stationary for a moment, then, almost instantaneously, appear some distance away (typically 10 degrees of arc through 7x50 binoculars). After another brief pause, it would dart back in the opposite direction. When stationary, the object appeared through the binoculars as an intense pinpoint of white light.

www.setv.org...

Washington State has certainly had its share of UFO reports and virtually everyone interested in the phenomenon is aware that the whole flying saucer craze was started by Kenneth Arnold's 1947 encounter, which actually took place not too far from Yakima. A long series of "UFO-like" reports, in many ways similar to the Piedmont UFO reports, took place on the Yakama Reservation, not far from the city of Yakima located in south-central Washington State (the tribe name and city name are different by one letter). While the number of these reports peaked in 1972-74, the phenomenon continues to this day. Also notable is the fact that highly scientific research on the Yakima phenomenon began during the peak years, and the research continues despite some setbacks. Although there have been fewer scientists involved in the Yakima studies, in some ways the research is more important than that at Piedmont.

The Yakama Tribe, like many others, has legends and an oral history that seemingly takes the UFO-like activity on their reservation well back into time. For example, they have stories of "little people" known as "stick Indians" and legends of light forms. However, the earliest documented UFO report that I can find from Yakima comes from 1957.

www.mysterious-america.net...

i would think if somebody just wanted to stop in for a few hours and check out the ranch that would be ok with James. if he charged money or expected a donation for just doing that i would be saddened to say the least. wish i had the resources and time to go out there

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I've spent 2 nights there last year to conduct some minor investigations. Just have to call to make arrangements if you going to spend the night. I believe it was 25$/night if you wanted just to camp out in the field, which there were 4 of us (for a total of 50$). More if you wanted to bunk in one of the cabins.

As for just showing up, for a day/night walk around, I'm not sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The links do not work fine, unless by fine you mean it takes you straight to googles homepage.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow…..

i understand why you wrote that but what i want to know is, have you ever done any research on the Yakima and Toppenish ufo sightings and investigations?

No I have not.

Yakima UFO Sightings
Toppenish UFO Report

Unfortunately, I have to confirm again that your links do not work.

Regarding Toppenish:

I have located the following report:

A STATISTICAL SUMMARY OF REPORTS FROM THE TOPPENISH UFO STUDY Submitted November 11, 1975 By David W. Akers, P.E.

Is that what you would like me to read?

Regarding Yakima:

I am not sure what you would like me to read.....a link would still be useful.

now i'm not implying those sightings and investigations prove the people at the Eceti ranch are not filming bugs and satellites, all i'm wanting to say is there does seem to be somekind of real ufo phenomena in that part of Washington state

I agree the reports from that area appear interesting “at 1st pass”…..perhaps “Dresden..ish” or “Greifswald..ish”.

and i think you should be explaining the whole picture to somebody when giving them advice about ufo hunting in that area. just my opinion and please correct me if i am wrong

I think the point you make is a fair one.

For that reason, I subsequently provided the following links for 19872012:

2 threads that are slanted more towards criticism of Gilliland:

Ultradimensional UFO: James Gilliland and ECETI Censorship

The Lunatic Fringe Strikes Back

2 threads that are slanted more towards support of Gilliland:

AboveTopSecret.com And Robbie Williams Investigate UFOs at Gilliland Ranch

ATS and Robbie Williams UFO Investigation: Round Two of Gilliand Videos

My own opinion regarding Gilliland is that I fear the “Gilliland thing” could be heading in the negative direction of a more “Greeresque” approach to such things.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
James never asked me for any money to camp out on his grounds at the ranch, however I think it is morally right to OFFER a donation, or small fee to camp out on someone's property, just as one would when staying on a campground, imvho.

As for just visiting for a few hours, just e-mail James of when you were thinking of dropping in, and I'm sure he would have no problem with it-He is a very accommodating and kind soul. His e-mail is [email protected]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Sure lmao.. you could go and look around and take photos of nothing but scrubs, rocks and dirt...

By all means take ur metal detector, but then why dont yo do some research and then you might find out that all traces of anything that or may not have existed are now gone and you could waste a good 6-10 hours of ur life searching barren land for nothing than something that once was...

do you think the government would have left anything there at all!!

Come on!!

Please i am no debunker at all, but what a waste of post space... U are heading in the right direction OP but lack focus and time spent actually looking at what facts are available and what sources you can provide.. you post a 3 liner about what if??? Yeah ook... let me ask you this what if sometime in the past 100,000.00 years a UFO landed or crashed in my local area or backyard. Sure it could be possible and yet no one could prove or even disprove that, so where to now??

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

sorry the links don't work for some of you, i suspect it has to do with you being in a different country or internet zone. i'll have to remember that for next time.

Is that what you would like me to read?

yes that document is a good place to start but there is alot more info about the investigations and sightings reports to be found. i suggest searching with those terms i gave you and it should lead you to more info. a long time ago, i was planning on starting a thread about it but i never finished researching all the available info. it would be a good project for someone interested. currently i have personal issues that won't allow me to spend alot of time on it

I agree the reports from that area appear interesting “at 1st pass”…..perhaps “Dresden..ish” or “Greifswald..ish”.

very possible and the phenomena there could be as simple as mountain lights etc. due to mountainous region and the major fault line on the coast. i dunno but since i have never been there myself and haven't finished researching it all and there is Indian folklore describing ufo's and "beings of light", i have to keep all options open for consideration.

The Yakima reports also include a handful of "close encounters" with humanoids, odd mental phenomena, and strange creatures. And there are many cases that appear to show that the lights interacted with the observers, precisely as was the case at Piedmont. In essence, what the Yakima research certainly demonstrates is that something very real does manifest and we have yet to determine precisely what that is. My long-term hunch, which remains my best hypothesis, is that a plasma-like energy is involved.

www.mysterious-america.net...

I think the point you make is a fair one.

thank you i'm glad you understand and i can't blame you for being critical about some or most of the evidence from Eceti (even i am) but since there seems to be a real phenomena in that area, i can't say for sure it's all misidentifications and i doubt very much, that explains everything.

so in short,

it's probably ok to warn someone about the misidentifications but discouraging further investigation, even amongst the hype is in my opinion not the right thing to do. just my opinion that's all

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
James Gilliands paranoia and cultist ways reminds me of someone? Even has that same gleam in his eye. I fear this will not end well

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26c8580c8317.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4a8da952f51.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theMegaladon

Megaladon, that's not James Gilliland. It's Jon Kelly!

Here's a picture of James. He's the one on the left. The guy on the right is Jesus!

James and Jesus

Photo is from the Gilliland Ranch paranormal photo collection.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by torsion]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Robbie Williams LMAO.. Nice one Maybe, Maybe not....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

HA! I was doing a web search for that photo and it brought me back here!

That's a crazy picture!

As to James Gilliand, I used to chat with him a lot many years ago online. he is a very interesting man with a very interesting story. I even had a sort of psychic experience involving him and a tightening gold band around my head.

I used to joke that I wouldn't believe it until an alien landed on my doorstep for coffee. They still haven't but James has gotten a lot of recognition in fringe media. Personally, I am glad he has as whatever is going on up there does seem to be going on up there. Something is going on there.

He told me back then (this was around 1998 or 1999 I think) that the beings he was in touch with are I think he said Piladiens (spell check isn't working right), and that they were purely interested in our spiritual well being. He said that in order to experience them, you had to be coming from a place of unconditional love.

But in all honesty, I never once heard him ask for money for anything, and he didn't seem very cultish to me. He was a very sincere person. I even told him he would be on Art Bell, to which to told me that there was no way, because Art had turned him down a couple of times already, but then about 8 months later, he got on Art Bell's show and I never really saw him again as his "fame" went up, he dropped the online appearances at spiritweb.

Kind of a bummer really, I liked talking to him, he was a neat guy.

new topics

top topics

join